Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Chris Wood and Josh King are both so far away from the kind of players we have signed in the past two seasons, and I have no doubt that we will continue to ignore this kind of player. 

Besides the fact as a Kiwi would've loved signing Wood ages ago the time has passed for what he Wood cost but comparing him with that flake King is downright offensive and I will fight you

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Besides the fact as a Kiwi would've loved signing Wood ages ago the time has passed for what he Wood cost but comparing him with that flake King is downright offensive and I will fight you

To be fair to him, I do think Chris Wood is a better player than King, but they’re both so out of the remit for our signings nowadays.

It’s the kind of signing we would’ve made under the later days of Lerner and I don’t think that there’s any chance of us signing either of those two players.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

To be fair to him, I do think Chris Wood is a better player than King, but they’re both so out of the remit for our signings nowadays.

It’s the kind of signing we would’ve made under the later days of Lerner and I don’t think that there’s any chance of us signing either of those two players.

I'm hoping that West Ham go in for both of them - great call Gabby!!

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I’d still happily take Wood as a completely different option to Watkins. Would be a great choice on the bench even as he hits his older years - like a Giroud but more attainable.

However I imagine Burnley would want a lot of money for him and can’t see us going for that.

I really liked Josh King a couple of years ago - I saw him play live for Norway and he was exceptional - but he has gone backwards not forwards, so if there were any legs with this it would be a ‘hope he resurrects himself’ signing and we don’t seem to go for many of those these days. Don’t think he would add value to our squad, I would rather give Wesley and even Davis the time on the field for how many goals King actually contributes. But again I guess I’d trust the club - they have got most things right.

Edited by Adam2003

1 hour ago, hong0311 said:

If I’d have to choose between the mighty Chris Wood for £25M and Josh King for free, I’d go for King.

This is like choosing between being scalped or having your ears cut off.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Haha 2

Signing Josh King makes no sense on many levels, I feel very secure that we aren't signing him and this is just a trash story....

I would be confused if we signed him...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Can we stop talking about King? It's not happening and it's depressing. 

You can't be negative about any transfer link or you get followed round and accused of wanting a 12 man squad

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

it would be a ‘hope he resurrects himself’ signing and we don’t seem to go for many of those these days. Don’t think he would add value to our squad, I would rather give Wesley and even Davis the time on the field for how many goals King actually contributes. But again I guess I’d trust the club - they have got most things right.

I'm not sure that they have in this area ... Barkley and Drinkwater! 🤔  At least he wouldn't be coming from Chelski!!

Barkley wasn't an outrageously bad decision though, it just didn't work out after he got injured. He was heavily involved in the Liverpool and Arsenal wins and won 6pts with his goals against Leicester and Southampton. Nobody would necessarily have predicted his output would be essentially 0 for the rest of the season after the Brighton game I don't think?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Annoyman said:

Barkley wasn't an outrageously bad decision though, it just didn't work out after he got injured. He was heavily involved in the Liverpool and Arsenal wins and won 6pts with his goals against Leicester and Southampton. Nobody would necessarily have predicted his output would be essentially 0 for the rest of the season after the Brighton game I don't think?

Without Barkley we beat Leeds and Southampton the first time of asking and in that 1-0 victory against Southampton it is far more comfortable. 

I mentioned the below when we were linked to him last season which is why I asked if we might go back in for him after he was officially released earlier in the week:

Don't know whether this has been discussed yet. 

Joshua King's agent is Jim Solbakken. Couple of things interesting about this.

Mainly, he is the brother of the Kobenhavn manager and a friend of Lange.

He is also Ole Gunnar Solskjaers agent which might be where the papers got the Man Utd transfer rumour / link from. Think he helped Ole bring a lot of players into Molde as he is the agent of some of their better players.

He's also the agent of Nyland and Bjarnason for an extra villa link. 

Now fwiw I think there is something to the rumours, if Lange thinks we can do a deal with an agent he knows and is friendly with, it's more likely than most free signings as the people making the transfer decisions will be less worried about being screwed over by inflated agent fees and contract demands. 

I also think the links between the 2 of them may have had something to do with the original story and it might be journalists putting 2+2 together last season to add extra names to there speculation articles. And now he is a free agent it is only natural people would speculate that a player we were allegedly after for £20mil last year, who is now available for £0, would have our interest on some level