Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, hong0311 said:

If I’d have to choose between the mighty Chris Wood for £25M and Josh King for free, I’d go for King.

You could literally get a 200k striker from 3rd division that would be better than King. 

12 hours ago, Tez500 said:

Would rather keep Wesley than sign King. Yes there is question marks over him especially after injury. But we are a better side now than when he joined, and he is relatively young and a Brazilian international. He still has the potential to far exceed King.

If he is 'beyond repair' then get rid and get another youngster in who we can give minutes to here and there. Would much rather sign a player with potential than mediocre players on big wages.

I hope we are not getting josh king and its just rubbish reports hopefully 

Same, we would hope Ollie would be fit and available for 95% of the games. King would be back-up. Would also hope that with Buendia and Jack we will see more goals from midfield too - so the fact King doesn't score many isn't a problem, he has good movement freeing up our wingers and other attackers. A goal every 4 games for Bournemouth is good enough for what we would need.

2 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

If I’d have to choose between the mighty Chris Wood for £25M and Josh King for free, I’d go for King.

I'd stick with Wes and Davies...barry in desperation and just ride the season out saving the money 

50 minutes ago, grobs said:

I’m not against the signing of Josh king to be honest. Am I right in thinking he can play out wide aswell as striker? Might be good option instead of traore/ghazi 

Instead of?! This is absolutely crazy.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I'd stick with Wes and Davies...barry in desperation and just ride the season out saving the money 

That’s ok and we may go down that route. It becomes a problem though if Ollie gets a long term injury. Unlikely given his record but far from impossible. 

Then again again either of those two could come good with a long run in the team. Who knows? 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Yeah we are better off bringing louie barry in than josh king

I disagree with this as the like of Louie and Chuck could do with a season or so smashing it in the championship so they are ready for prem league football, rather than getting the odd minute here or there.

Im no fan of the Josh King signing but seems for a year he fills a gap, especially as Wes could also do with a half season loan to get match fitness.

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

That’s ok and we may go down that route. It becomes a problem though if Ollie gets a long term injury. Unlikely given his record but far from impossible. 

Then again again either of those two could come good with a long run in the team. Who knows? 

I don't think there's a risk of us going down solely on Watkins getting injured

If he was out for the year we would address it in January too

We're not that desperate, Davies isn't good enough, Wes isn't fit enough and Barry isn't experienced enough, however 2 out of 3 of those could be the answer, I don't see what wood or King offer other than a waste of money, neither of them are a long term solution 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, andyjsg said:

I disagree with this as the like of Louie and Chuck could do with a season or so smashing it in the championship so they are ready for prem league football, rather than getting the odd minute here or there.

Im no fan of the Josh King signing but seems for a year he fills a gap, especially as Wes could also do with a half season loan to get match fitness.

That's the thing though "odd minute here or there" 

That's what josh King will get too... £40k a week maybe more, what are people expecting king to do that those we already have won't? 

Because he didn't do it for Everton that's for sure 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris Wood and Josh King are both so far away from the kind of players we have signed in the past two seasons, and I have no doubt that we will continue to ignore this kind of player. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

That's the thing though "odd minute here or there" 

That's what josh King will get too... £40k a week maybe more, what are people expecting king to do that those we already have won't? 

Because he didn't do it for Everton that's for sure 

The point is more about giving them first team football and having the "backup" time on someone like Josh King

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Chris Wood and Josh King are both so far away from the kind of players we have signed in the past two seasons, and I have no doubt that we will continue to ignore this kind of player. 

The Office Reaction GIF