Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Rather we went for Robin Quaison if we are after a scandinavian attacker on a free transfer this summer. Lower wages, younger and overall more upside.

Note, he's not someone I'm overly keen on us signing either but he'd be a better option than King imo.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Was just about to state the same… Buendia and Cash combining down the right will boost both our defensive and attacking game…

I can see Traore in the centre, supporting Ollie and focusing on his sublime, attacking skills, scoring more crackers and providing oodles of entertainment for us 🤣

Plus, Jack, Emi & BT are all capable of interchanging, any one of them would do well as a 10. It’s just that BT wouldn’t have to focus on the defensive side so much at CAM & we already know that Buendia is great at it…

Great for Deano to finally have some options…

I like the sound of that.  My only slight concern is how one-footed Traore is and the danger is that we end up with too many players drifting to the left side of the pitch.  But certainly worth a shout and it could be superb to watch.  Kind of like when Ross first arrived but on steroids because now we've got Buendia as well.  Exciting...

On 08/06/2021 at 15:52, allani said:

Thanks!  I think he needs a season in a lower league but for me he kind of came out of nowhere last season.  Hadn't really heard anything about him until probably the quarter finals.  But he looked like he might be someone who could get better and better.  Whether he's Premier League quality I don't know but I can see a scenario where he has a couple of really good seasons in the lower divisions and kind of does a Vardy (but at a much earlier age!). 

It was Young that did the drag back/turn in our box against Liverpool in the FA Cup in January!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

They are pretty impressive. More tackles + interceptions than rice and Phillips. More ball recoveries than rice. More progressive passing and dribbling than rice, Phillips, Ndidi. More pressures and higher success rate at them than Kante. Similar aerial duel and defensive duel success rates to Ndidi and rice (better in the air worse on the ground) The cheapest one of those would be us 50 mil. And he's doing it at 18.

All these stats are per 90 and since he averaged about 70 minutes when playing it means he has the energy advantage over these guys.

And his first season in a league outside of Senegal. He also started in 17 of their last 20 games (playing in all of them) after starting in just 1 in their first 18 and only having 1 substitute appearance in that period as well. Essentially he forced his way into their squad. Or he improved that much within a year 

The comparisons look very good, as does the highlights reel, but he is playing in Ligue 1 so probably not fair to directly compare with PL players.  But he is only a baby!!

24 minutes ago, allani said:

I like the sound of that.  My only slight concern is how one-footed Traore is and the danger is that we end up with too many players drifting to the left side of the pitch.  But certainly worth a shout and it could be superb to watch.  Kind of like when Ross first arrived but on steroids because now we've got Buendia as well.  Exciting...

And yet he’s scored more than half his goal with his right foot and some crackers at that,  I get where your coming from but Bert can do amazing things with his right foot once again I find my self scratching my head thinking of Traore 

• Like 1

Would rather keep Wesley than sign King. Yes there is question marks over him especially after injury. But we are a better side now than when he joined, and he is relatively young and a Brazilian international. He still has the potential to far exceed King.

If he is 'beyond repair' then get rid and get another youngster in who we can give minutes to here and there. Would much rather sign a player with potential than mediocre players on big wages.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

King would be underwhelming but it would be a free signing and we are desperate for some cover for Watkins.

I agree we need cover. Davis just doesn’t score goals, Wesley we really don’t know now but if we are looking at strikers I think it’s fair to assume the powers that be don’t fancy him, certainly not at the moment. 

However I doubt it’s King even on a free he’ll want decent wages and would take a squad number. I’d like to think we either reckon that we could manage with Traore or AEG, one of the kids is ready or will be soon, to cover a short term Watkins injury or we’ve got other recruitment plans. We could even be able to play without a number 9 given the forward options we have. 

If none of the above then we must be waiting to make sure Kane comes through the Euros unscathed. Then  it’s cheeky/shock/stunning/outrageous bid time. 

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

King would be underwhelming but it would be a free signing and we are desperate for some cover for Watkins.

No charity deals for shit players. Actually worse than our current cover or youth

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

Would rather keep Wesley than sign King. Yes there is question marks over him especially after injury. But we are a better side now than when he joined, and he is relatively young and a Brazilian international. He still has the potential to far exceed King.

If he is 'beyond repair' then get rid and get another youngster in who we can give minutes to here and there. Would much rather sign a player with potential than mediocre players on big wages.

This was exactly why I said a 1 year contract may make sense. If Wesley is somewhere between the two extremes, and they want another year to take a view on him without risking going in to the season relying on him as backup,  we are short of options.

Say Watkins gets injured.  You throw Wesley in and it transpires he's not getting it back. You know Keinan can't score. And you don't want to rely on a youngster who has no experience. A King (or equivalent) on a short contract makes a lot of sense... but only if they don't cost 10s of millions to sign.

This was before I was shown King's injury record and the fact he's been a bit rubbish for 2 years. So, can't see it happening.  Someone else in that vein though would be logical on a short contract

Edited by MrBlack

34 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

I think we'll be keeping him anyway.

• Like 2

Classic BM. 

"The club are keen to wrap up further signings early in the window and reports in Turkey are claiming King could be next through the door."Julia Child Dance GIF

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Classic BM. 

"The club are keen to wrap up further signings early in the window and reports in Turkey are claiming King could be next through the door."Julia Child Dance GIF

Turkey? Am i missing something, is Josh King a Turkish superstar 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Rather we went for Robin Quaison if we are after a scandinavian attacker on a free transfer this summer. Lower wages, younger and overall more upside.

Note, he's not someone I'm overly keen on us signing either but he'd be a better option than King imo.

He is going to Serie A apparently 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

This was exactly why I said a 1 year contract may make sense. If Wesley is somewhere between the two extremes, and they want another year to take a view on him without risking going in to the season relying on him as backup,  we are short of options.

Say Watkins gets injured.  You throw Wesley in and it transpires he's not getting it back. You know Keinan can't score. And you don't want to rely on a youngster who has no experience. A King (or equivalent) on a short contract makes a lot of sense... but only if they don't cost 10s of millions to sign.

This was before I was shown King's injury record and the fact he's been a bit rubbish for 2 years. So, can't see it happening.  Someone else in that vein though would be logical on a short contract

Wait so if we sign King, Watkins goes down, and Wesley isn’t up to it, then we’ll have 3 strikers who can’t score instead of two!!

GIF by Identity

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

2nd bid???

This post is from 9 days ago. We know from the Athletic article none of this is true.

Think we can add this account to the ignore list.

• Like 4