Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Thanks mate.

Honestly, i've only ever got it wrong once with Stephen Ireland in my whole life. I was so excited when we signed him.

596e25ce-f73c-4de8-b2a2-5c6a004b8a31_tex

Honestly, we all were...  Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.  He was a monster player for Man City when he broke into their first team and we thought we got a bargain for both the large fee & Ireland for Jimmy Milner.  Oh, boy...  We were all wrong, weren't we?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Honestly, we all were...  Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.  He was a monster player for Man City when he broke into their first team and we thought we got a bargain for both the large fee & Ireland for Jimmy Milner.  Oh, boy...  We were all wrong, weren't we?

Cbs No GIF by HULU

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

30 mill for this guy and you'd expect him to be a world class player in his twenty's for what your paying, that's the return you want.

If he doesn't work out the there's certainly no gain.

I would be more inclined to make this kind of move if he was coming from a top Europeon club.

Spot on we shouldn’t be forking out so much for an 18yr old yes he may well be worth every penny but the risk is more damaging to us if it doesn’t work out , generally we need a player slightly older with potential to grow but also a proven good player at present. £15M max we should be risking to pay and i dont believe JWP is the right player for us we need something different but he is a good player, we need a viera or pogba type of midfielder box to box more disciplined and more consistent than pogba though

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Thanks mate.

Honestly, i've only ever got it wrong once with Stephen Ireland in my whole life. I was so excited when we signed him.

596e25ce-f73c-4de8-b2a2-5c6a004b8a31_tex

Really hope you're feeling better. Villa will cheer you up with all these signings 

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

£15M max we should be risking to pay ... we need a viera or pogba type of midfielder box to box more disciplined and more consistent than pogba though

Better than Viera/Pogba for £15m max.  Are you high?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1