Jump to content

Summer transfer window 2021


zab6359
 Share

Recommended Posts

I also want to know where we would fit in another midfielder into our squad. Are we planning on playing Buendia in the Barkley role or will he work more out wide?

All I see is that we have Nakamba, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsay, (and Carney if we count him for the senior team only next year) for one position in midfield -- seeing as McGinn is undroppable from Dean's point of view.  Are we going to be able to shift one or two of these players or loan them out? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

I also want to know where we would fit in another midfielder into our squad. Are we planning on playing Buendia in the Barkley role or will he work more out wide?

All I see is that we have Nakamba, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsay, (and Carney if we count him for the senior team only next year) for one position in midfield -- seeing as McGinn is undroppable from Dean's point of view.  Are we going to be able to shift one or two of these players or loan them out? 

It’s more like Luiz and Nakamba at DM.

McGinn & Sanson (genuine competition and could surpass him as first choice) at CM with youngsters to step in.

Then any of the 3 behind Ollie can play CAM.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

I know you've been pushing his train for a while, but maybe he'd just prefer playing CL over the PL?  Who knows

Hardly any players would choose an Italian team over and English one. We just weren't in for him....

Watch him become a big star now.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I also want to know where we would fit in another midfielder into our squad. Are we planning on playing Buendia in the Barkley role or will he work more out wide?

All I see is that we have Nakamba, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsay, (and Carney if we count him for the senior team only next year) for one position in midfield -- seeing as McGinn is undroppable from Dean's point of view.  Are we going to be able to shift one or two of these players or loan them out? 

I think we will be seeing us switch between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 quite often.  We’ll need the midfield bodies.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Paulie said:

I think we will be seeing us switch between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 quite often.  We’ll need the midfield bodies.

You can remove defence and Watkins leaves 5 positions. Say Grealish and Buendia cover 2 that leaves 3 positions. We have Traore El Ghazi Luiz McGinn Sanson Nakamba. Ramsey and Carney as well potentially unless sent on loan. We're more likely to sign cover for striker, wide attacking, fullbacks and centre halves than stocking up on more central midfielders unless some mentioned are moved on. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I also want to know where we would fit in another midfielder into our squad. Are we planning on playing Buendia in the Barkley role or will he work more out wide?

All I see is that we have Nakamba, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsay, (and Carney if we count him for the senior team only next year) for one position in midfield -- seeing as McGinn is undroppable from Dean's point of view.  Are we going to be able to shift one or two of these players or loan them out? 

Buendia plays on the right, and just like Jack likes to drift inside. This why I keep banging on about runners. One inside right the other inside left, drifting inside and linking up, and occasionally switching wings. You get Ollie making runs in front of them. Then two 8's taking turns to run beyond them in the middle with the fullbacks overlapping wide to provide the width.

You have these two wide, then even if you decide to bring on a number 10 you look at bringing on Traore as a shadow striker, as we won't need a number 10 to be a creator but a scorer.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I think (and only assuming everything is true) we would see McGinn, Sanson, JWP & Dougie battle for the 2 CM slots. And then rotate between: a Midfield 3, with 3 of them. A Midfield 3 with Sarr or Nakamba sitting and perhaps less often with a 10 and Carney/Ramsey behind Ollie.

                 Sarr/Nakamba

McGinn/Sanson    Ward-Prowse/Dougie

                  Carney/Ramsey

My issues with that are I prefer playing with a 10 & I think Dean does too. I'd be surprised to see us prioritise a 10 all this season only to shift next year. If Dean wanted a more defensive setup Nakamba would've played more games than Ramsey, that option was already there this year and DS didn't often take it.

So I could see us ending up with one of Sarr or JWP. But considering their differences that is a weird either/or. Or if both come in, someone has to go, probably Nakamba (which is a shame imo he's good value) and a Ramsey loan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think (and only assuming everything is true) we would see McGinn, Sanson, JWP & Dougie battle for the 2 CM slots. And then rotate between: a Midfield 3, with 3 of them. A Midfield 3 with Sarr or Nakamba sitting and perhaps less often with a 10 and Carney/Ramsey behind Ollie.

                 Sarr/Nakamba

McGinn/Sanson    Ward-Prowse/Dougie

                  Carney/Ramsey

My issues with that are I prefer playing with a 10 & I think Dean does too. I'd be surprised to see us prioritise a 10 all this season only to shift next year. If Dean wanted a more defensive setup Nakamba would've played more games than Ramsey, that option was already there this year and DS didn't often take it.

So I could see us ending up with one of Sarr or JWP. But considering their differences that is a weird either/or. Or if both come in, someone has to go, probably Nakamba (which is a shame imo he's good value) and a Ramsey loan

I don't see both Sarr and JWP being signed in this window. I also see JWP being brought in to play 6, as he is more of a 6 then a ten. He doesn't really score or assist from open play. In open play he gets stuck in, plays a little bit dirty, and distributes the ball very well, while pressing very well. He is the type that you only notice when he plays poorly, or fires in a spectacular freekick.

Think Hourihane with aggression, that gets stuck in and has a higher workrate and better set pieces, but less creativity and less of a goal threat (in open play).

Edited by Philosopher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Buendia was the marquee signing and any further signings will be cover signings be it youth player like Leicester bought Justin few years ago and was first XI last season until injured, or bargains that Mackenzie and co scouts. I'd love big name player X Y and Z but just basing on comments from Smith and Purslow going back a while such as we need to qualify for Europe before making more big signings, not to sign them in hope of qualifying but missing out. The only caveat is if board see bargain available they will fast track the signing if makes sense

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/06/2021 at 09:07, useless said:

Sarr is only eighteen, played over twenty games last season in Ligue one, Metz fans rate him as their players, he's already been capped by Senagal's full international side, and is being linked to a lot of clubs, he's seemingly one of the most wanted young players in France if not Europe. I don't think he''d cost £30m, but wouldn't be surprised at £20m plus, given how highly rated he appears to be, doubtful we or anyone else would get him for as little as £10m.

Also despite his young age I don't think he'd be classed as a youth signing, we wouldn't be signing him to play for our U23s, he'd come straight into the first team squad.

30 mill for this guy and you'd expect him to be a world class player in his twenty's for what your paying, that's the return you want.

If he doesn't work out the there's certainly no gain.

I would be more inclined to make this kind of move if he was coming from a top Europeon club.

Edited by Dave-R
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Felix Nmecha 20yr old sensation from Man City, would he be a good fit young and hungry could be a good steal, is pape sarr any good btw ? Seems quite young at 18 so hard to say on the Richter scale i guess. But we need a yaya toure type baller in the centre of the pitch at probably age 23/24 as that carries a bit of experience. Patson Daka type of player up top would be delicious... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


26 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Felix Nmecha 20yr old sensation from Man City, would he be a good fit young and hungry could be a good steal

I read an article only the other day there about this guy and possibly that we may be looking at him.

Not sure if there was anything more too it though and I have never heard of him until now?

Does @Villan4Life know anything of him?...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I read an article only the other day there about this guy and possibly that we may be looking at him.

Not sure if there was anything more too it though and I have never heard of him until now?

Does @Villan4Life know anything of him?...

He's Lukas Nmecha's (also at Man City but apparently up for sale, Lukas had successful loan spell at Anderlecht last season) younger brother.

Felix is a talented player mate.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

:)

Wish you the best mate, hope your health improves and you’re feeling much better soon 👍

Btw, have you ever had a bad shout on a player? 😆

Said it before & I’ll say it again - Villa should be employing you…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wish you the best mate, hope your health improves and you’re feeling much better soon 👍

Btw, have you ever had a bad shout on a player? 😆

Said it before & I’ll say it again - Villa should be employing you…

Thanks mate.

Honestly, i've only ever got it wrong once with Stephen Ireland in my whole life. I was so excited when we signed him.

596e25ce-f73c-4de8-b2a2-5c6a004b8a31_tex

 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â