Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

14 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I was thinking more that Martinez has just been clattered and landed awkwardly on his shoulder and been stretchered off whilst playing for Argentina

Hopefully he will be fine but it has made me realise that we really do need another keeper… as much as I like Steer, I wouldn’t want to go into the new season with him between the sticks… the way we play now aswell, requires a GK with good feet who can help us play it out from the back…

Just now, paul514 said:

Are they impressive? It was made out yesterday he was just a box to box midfielder who had scored a few goals.

He’s an exciting prospect with interest from many clubs apparently. A lot of attributes.

He’s got his own thread now here too…

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s an exciting prospect with interest from many clubs apparently. A lot of attributes.

He’s got his own thread now here too…

spacer.png

spacer.png

Some of those stats are impressive, it doesn't scream spend 30m on me as a DCM.

Looking at those stats it kind of looks like he has some DCM attributes but likes to go forward a bit, which sounds a bit like Luiz.

Edit - Saying that though Kante likes to get forward more these days... oh I don't know..... why can't they just spend the 18m on Koopmeiners and have the position sorted..... it's messing with my head already and the season has just finished FFS

Edited by paul514

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Looking at those stats it kind of looks like he has some DCM attributes but likes to go forward a bit, which sounds a bit like Luiz.

Edit - Saying that though Kante likes to get forward more these days... oh I don't know..... why can't they just spend the 18m on Koopmeiners and have the position sorted..... it's messing with my head already and the season has just finished FFS

If he’s this good at this age, imagine how much better he could get…

It’s the kind of signing a “big club” would make, a young, potential star who could become a key player…

We’ll have to move on from Koopmeiners, the move’s almost done.

I’m encouraged by links to players like Sarr… it’s a great strategy.

Just now, Jas10 said:

It’s the kind of signing a “big club” would make, a young, potential star who could become a key player…

Seriously my piss is boiling over that.

Fine, he better be good then.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I'd also like to post this as the funeral of my hopes.....

https://www.football.co.uk/news/teun-koopmeiners-things-to-know-about-the-netherlands-international/742644/

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Seriously my piss is boiling over that.

Fine, he better be good then.

Don’t worry, if he does well at Atalanta, we can be his next big move… 😉

Wouldn’t be surprised if we ended up with better in this window though, long way to go yet…

52 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I was thinking more that Martinez has just been clattered and landed awkwardly on his shoulder and been stretchered off whilst playing for Argentina

Oh FFS noooooo.

Hopefully he’s fine. Worst case he misses the Copa which will be sad for him. Gutted if he’s not back in August though.

47 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Are they impressive? It was made out yesterday he was just a box to box midfielder who had scored a few goals.

They are pretty impressive. More tackles + interceptions than rice and Phillips. More ball recoveries than rice. More progressive passing and dribbling than rice, Phillips, Ndidi. More pressures and higher success rate at them than Kante. Similar aerial duel and defensive duel success rates to Ndidi and rice (better in the air worse on the ground) The cheapest one of those would be us 50 mil. And he's doing it at 18.

All these stats are per 90 and since he averaged about 70 minutes when playing it means he has the energy advantage over these guys.

And his first season in a league outside of Senegal. He also started in 17 of their last 20 games (playing in all of them) after starting in just 1 in their first 18 and only having 1 substitute appearance in that period as well. Essentially he forced his way into their squad. Or he improved that much within a year 

Edited by MotoMkali

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

All these stats are per 90 and since he averaged about 70 minutes when playing it means he has the energy advantage over these guys.

Per 90 is total time played divided by 90 so same for everyone. Averaged 70 minutes means nothing

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Per 90 is total time played divided by 90 so same for everyone. Averaged 70 minutes means nothing

It does. Because his stats are juiced by the fact he is playing less when he is tired. So they won't regress as much in those minutes. Like players pres less at the end of games and press less successfully.

48 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I know you've been pushing his train for a while, but maybe he'd just prefer playing CL over the PL?  Who knows

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

They are pretty impressive. More tackles + interceptions than rice and Phillips. More ball recoveries than rice. More progressive passing and dribbling than rice, Phillips, Ndidi. More pressures and higher success rate at them than Kante. Similar aerial duel and defensive duel success rates to Ndidi and rice (better in the air worse on the ground) The cheapest one of those would be us 50 mil. And he's doing it at 18.

And his first season in a league outside of Senegal. He also started in 17 of their last 20 games (playing in all of them) after starting in just 1 in their first 18 and only having 1 substitute appearance in that period as well. Essentially he forced his way into their squad. Or he improved that much within a year 

Is this one a realistic link?

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It does. Because his stats are juiced by the fact he is playing less when he is tired. So they won't regress as much in those minutes. Like players pres less at the end of games and press less successfully.

Are you getting the 70 average from 1593 minutes and 22 appearances. He played 90mins 15 times and the 72 average exists from 3 x sub 21 mins and 3 x sub 45 min games. I think you're inventing narratives

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Is this one a realistic link?

The guy who reported it is apparently tier 2 for France so maybe like 40-50% reliability that plus Sarr liking villa stuff on Instagram suggests that it could be realistic. 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are you getting the 70 average from 1593 minutes and 22 appearances. He played 90mins 15 times and the 70 average exists from 3 x sub 21 mins and 3 x sub 45 min games. I think you're inventing narratives

Right, this is very different to if he was running himself into the ground for 70 mins then coming off wiped.

Consistently amazed at the depth you lads put into studying these stats though, fair play. Makes it a lot easier for the rest of us to assess what we are being linked with :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are you getting the 70 average from 1593 minutes and 22 appearances. He played 90mins 15 times and the 70 average exists from 3 x sub 21 mins and 3 x sub 45 min games. I think you're inventing narratives

Yes. But the fact is those minutes still generally bump your per 90 stats up. Like if you make 1 tackle in that 20 minutes when you would normally make 2 over 90 minutes it counts as 4.5 in per 90 minute stats.

Which is why you have to take it with a grain of salt. However per 90 is more reliable than just straight up comparing stats. 

I just did some quick checks. I don't think that is happening with his tackles and interceptions but I'm not certain about how it affected his other stats.

Edited by MotoMkali

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes. But the fact is those minutes still generally bump your per 90 stats up. Like if you make 1 tackle in that 20 minutes when you would normally make 2 over 90 minutes it counts as 4.5 in per 90 minute stats.

Which is why you have to take it with a grain of salt. However per 90 is more reliable than just straight up comparing stats. 

That's fair. Per 90 is better than per game

I also want to know where we would fit in another midfielder into our squad. Are we planning on playing Buendia in the Barkley role or will he work more out wide?

All I see is that we have Nakamba, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsay, (and Carney if we count him for the senior team only next year) for one position in midfield -- seeing as McGinn is undroppable from Dean's point of view.  Are we going to be able to shift one or two of these players or loan them out? 

• Like 3