Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m quite shocked that Jorginho is where he is…

Very underrated player imo. I remember the first year he moved he was getting so much shit, then at the end of the season the clip started going around of Chelsea players missing 15 gilt edged chances from passes he made.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Very underrated player imo. I remember the first year he moved he was getting so much shit, then at the end of the season the clip started going around of Chelsea players missing 15 gilt edged chances from passes he made.

Just struck me as a bit of a softie… had his fair share of criticism at times too..

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think Tuchel has no use for him, and we have a loan history with Chelsea...Tammy knows the drill with Villa and has mates on the team...not totally implausible.

To get him on loan would be a great move for us but not sure where it leaves Tammy… he wouldn’t/shouldn’t be our first choice CF (as he would want), Ollie is our man… don’t think he would want to swap benches although he ended up not  even getting a seat under Tuchel!

Would be an excellent move and really help the squad, rather than blow £40m odd…

We would be a major, attacking threat with the amount of options (inc Buendia’s arrival).

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

To get him on loan would be a great move for us but not sure where it leaves Tammy… he wouldn’t/shouldn’t be our first choice CF (as he would want), Ollie is our man… don’t think he would want to swap benches although he ended up not  even getting a seat under Tuchel!

Would be an excellent move and really help the squad, rather than blow £40m odd…

We would be a major, attacking threat with the amount of options (inc Buendia’s arrival).

Loan with obligation to buy so you basically move the FFP cost to a future window.

40 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Sounds a little like the video of chances missed from Targett passes at the end of last season

A summer of Buendia, Sarr, Edouard or Lukas Nmecha and LB is both realistic and tantalising prospect… The reported fees for both Nmecha & Edouard = less than Tammy’s asking price …. 

• Like 2

Also I watched a video earlier of ten young players to watch at the euros earlier and Wijndal was on it.

I didn’t realise his defensive numbers were so impressive this season.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Smith-Rowe set to sign improved contract with Arsenal until 2026

I think we all knew that wasn't happening.

No new links? Nothing more with this young Sarr lad?

4 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Fingers crossed we don’t need a new keeper!

I've always liked Steer he is definitely good enough to be number 2, people may have injury worries over him though.

Just now, paul514 said:

I've always liked Steer he is definitely good enough to be number 2, people may have injury worries over him though.

I was thinking more that Martinez has just been clattered and landed awkwardly on his shoulder and been stretchered off whilst playing for Argentina

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

I was thinking more that Martinez has just been clattered and landed awkwardly on his shoulder and been stretchered off whilst playing for Argentina

Ah right had no idea, the season is a couple of months away short of serious injury anyone picking up injuries that take 3-6 weeks to sort out will have gone by match week 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

A summer of Buendia, Sarr, Edouard or Lukas Nmecha and LB is both realistic and tantalising prospect… The reported fees for both Nmecha & Edouard = less than Tammy’s asking price …. 

That would be preferable, we don’t need to spend big on a 2nd striker. A loan is also appealing though.

I have still have hope for Wesley, think we should move Davis on and bring in a forward who can get goals for us instead.

This Daka kid though… he could be a great option and worth the fee… can play wide and up front?

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Further links to Sarr and a look at his impressive stats… 

Are they impressive? It was made out yesterday he was just a box to box midfielder who had scored a few goals.