Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

That fact that DS said he's excited about the irons they've got in the fire suggests that one or two deals might be wrapped up sooner rather than later. Let's hope Buendia and Rashica are the two!

Yes to B and no to R.

For the love of God just no to Rashica, give it up you lot, stop it, get the guy out of your system, go outside and gobad boys ii GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

In assuming we'll dip into the championship at some point...although I haven't kept up with it this season at all.

Whoscored has Buendia as top rated. Sarr is in the top 20 but doesn't seem to be spoken about much by anyone anymore. Olise is in there. Danjuma from Bournemounth appears to have done well and Souttar may be an interesting signing at CB to replace Engels. 

For comparison, the previous year's list had Benrahma top, Perreira, Eze, Bowen, Watkins, Cash all in the top 20, so seems a good gauge of those who may be successful.

Sarr is too expensive now they have come up 

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes to B and no to R.

For the love of God just no to Rashica, give it up you lot, stop it, get the guy out of your system, go outside and gobad boys ii GIF

Can he be the club mascot.......then?

19 minutes ago, thunderball said:

No thanks. And the club seem to want want players on the up. 

I would happily see Rashica arrive, especially if he is now £13m, thats seems a reasonable gamble for a squad player (especially as Trez is out long term). Hope we have some bigger targets though; Buendia, Tammy and Rashica would move us forward again, but I also think despite the local press putting a lid on speculation of late, I do think there will be a couple of unexpected quality signings.

I have to be honest....I have no idea if Rashica is any good or not.....but I hope at least one player coming in, is one who can hold the middle of the park and pull the strings.

We do seem to spend much time on attacking players on here....which is ok, but we need players to hold the middle too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have to be honest....I have no idea if Rashica is any good or not.....but I hope at least one player coming in, is one who can hold the middle of the park and pull the strings.

We do seem to spend much time on attacking players on here....which is ok, but we need players to hold the middle too.

I don't either, I'm just sick of hearing his bloody F'in name TRO every season for 12 damn weeks on end, once season's end. It's that bad to the point it's in the media like mad every day and this lot of VT rocket polishers chug it all down like it's some sort of special sauce that stimulates them somehow, I must be honest I'm just not feeling what they are feeling.

On a serious note I am pretty sure if we didn't sign him last summer, then there's no way we're signing him now.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Doesn't it just feel like that in this thread TRO, I feel like I relive the same day over and over when this Rashica business starts, all that's missing is Bill Murray.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't either, I'm just sick of hearing his bloody F'in name TRO every season for 12 damn weeks on end, once season's end. It's that bad to the point it's in the media like mad every day and this lot of VT rocket polishers chug it all down like it's some sort of special sauce that stimulates them somehow, I must be honest I'm just not feeling what they are feeling.

On a serious note I am pretty sure if we didn't sign him last summer, then there's no way we're signing him now.

Summed up my feelings about Tammy beautifully ... 😂😉

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Did you just call posters on VT who engage in discussion about the potential signing of Rashica rocket polishers?

• Haha 4

I mean our back 5 is pretty set as it is for next season and as much as some might want a dedicated DCM destroyer that's not likely to happen unless Luiz is sold which is also unlikely. So only natural that the current speculations are mostly about more attacking oriented players.

• Like 2

as good as it is to buy established young talent that we can improve and will improve us, I hope our improved scouting network is able to unearth some gems.

would be nice to sign someone under 10 mil who within two years is worth 20-40 mil.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It only happened one summer! 🤣 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It only happened one summer! 🤣 

If it's not Rashica it's Sniejder or the Japanese player that Julie B was going to kidnap and lock in her basement. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Okonokos said:

I have to say I've not seen a single thing from Loftus-Cheek during his whole career that suggests he's actually any good. I think his career is literally based on hype. We can do so much better.

I have but I haven’t seen it for a few years.

I would have taken the risk on loan last season before he went to a lower club and did nothing.

That risk profile has risen a lot.

• Like 2

Rashica isn’t someone I am lusting after like some it seems.

If the club want him again then whatever we just have to hope it works out for the best.

Edited by paul514

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Rashica isn’t someone I am lusting after like some it seems.

If the club want him again then whatever we just have to hope it works out for the best.

Feel the same and he has following red flags:

- was injured and missed large chunk of season. 

- poor returns and poor stats last season for shots and key passes. 

- Werder fans said he had heart set on Leipzig move then wasn't motivated after fell through. 

• Like 1

Oh, God - it's that time of year again - I have to set my alarm for every two hours during the night - so I can keep up with the manic posting levels in this thread. Otherwise, its half my day gone reading dozens of pages.....

Oh, by the way - a Villa fan (I assume) called Mr. Fabulous - who has been reading this thread - but does not have a login - posted elsewhere. As a fellow fan, I feel it incumbent on me to ensure his pearls of wisdom reach a wider audience : 🤡

Because I'm not signed up to Villa Talk so can't respond there I'd just like to put on record that Tammy Abraham will flop wherever he goes, provided that happens to be north of the Championship. 

*shrugs shoulders*