Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

That’s some impressive mental gymnastics right there

It isn't. He isn't faster, he doesn't have an improved right foot, he isn't taller and so on. To be honest your point is weird.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Just seen Poland has called up a 17 y.o kid named Kacper Kozłowski to their squad for the Euro's. He's dubbed "the Polish Pogba" and I guess they mean he has his positive attributes.

Might be someone to look at, time for another Polish player at Villa. Been a while since Dariusz Kubicki tore the place up :D 

We not allowed to field players that young according to some. Have to buy unidentified quality to replace what we already have or Jack will leave

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, useless said:

We finished eleven points behind them this season, I don't think it's a statement that represents the case as better than it really is to say that if Grealish had have stayed fit then there wouldn't have been much between the two sides points wise after 38 games. Certainly I feel that Greaiish is that good that we would have been close to ten or so points better off.

Leicester had far more injury issues than us. Need to look at this both ways.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Jack Grealish is a far far bigger miss to us than any of Leicesters players are to them.

If you compare 1 v 1 yes. But Leicester had multiple top quality players out at the same time. They probably would have accumulated another 6-10 points if they were injury free.

35 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Misinterpreting what I said. If we lose Jack it will be at least another 5 years before we get to Europe or maybe never. 

If jack stays it could be another 5 years before we get to Europe or maybe never... 

That's the PL for you, especially CL

We're between a rock and a hard place, we just need to create the platform for the youngsters to come through and push forward whilst at the same time keeping Jack, CL imo only happens if 3 or 4 of these kids come through and are the bollocks, we won't buy a CL place, money doesn't do it, yet again the 4 wealthiest teams finish in the top 4 positions

• Like 3

I wasn't aware of Leicester having that many injuries, most teams have two or three here and there over a season, and they will have two good players in every postion, so I don't think their injuries will have impacted them anywhere near as much as Grealish being out impacted us. They failed to get top four because in the end they weren't good enough, exactly the same as last season.

9 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I dont get this line of thinking. West Ham and Leicester don't have Jack Grealish and are in Europe. Wolves the last two seasons. What prevents us assembling a squad similar to them?

Wolves had/has Mendes. Leicester had luck and Vardy and West Ham have been in the prem for the last 10 or so years. 

Wolves feel down to earth without jiminez and Leicester have consistently bottled it.

They also have all had more time than we do. And the rest of their players are better aside from martinez and Mings. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Then we will lose Jack and will be set back 5 years. 125 mil is enough of an outlay to get us where we need to be. The additional money through Europe will cover the extra outlay and ffp has been turned into a joke. 

So now you’ll just make stuff up to make your point...? Ok champ.

West Ham will be one season wonders, midtable at best next season, I don't even think their squad is even that good, I think a lot of their players get overrated on here. They seem to do this thing every so often where they have a good season and many talk about how good they are then the following season they go back to be being their usuals selves, that is not very good.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Challenging for top 4, at the minimum 6th. Is what I have been saying. You must have missed it.

We would have been close enough this year if jack had been fit. Add another 3 players who can get us an extra 0.2-0.3 ppg and we will be sitting pretty. And then make sure we don't fall off too heavily if one of our key players get injured like Jack, Targett, Mings etc. 

If the teams above us also add three players with the same logic does that mean we actually need six players to outdo their PPG increase? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Misinterpreting what I said. If we lose Jack it will be at least another 5 years before we get to Europe or maybe never. 

But that number is just plucked out of thin air.

If we sell Grealish when he is under contract, we will get lots of money for him. Our job then would be to spend that money in the most maximally effective way we can. If that worked, great, if it didn't well we wouldn't have had any other option anyway, because we're not selling him until we absolutely have to.

I don't know what to tell people. The *overwhelming* likelihood is that we never finish in a European position, no matter what we do, whether we have Jack or not.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

why? 

I think he was making a point. While some Chelsea castaways have gone on to flourish elsewhere, we took Drinkwater and Barkley onboard and they haven't quite panned out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't know what to tell people. The *overwhelming* likelihood is that we never finish in a European position, no matter what we do, whether we have Jack or not.

This is the truth of it.
We need to have a great transfer window with our relatively limited funds (compared to the big boys), we need to stay relatively injury free next season, we need new players to settle well and relatively quickly, and we need some luck.    

If we do finish top 6, then the job becomes twice as hard the season after, we have to do all that again, but this time with a European campaign as well.  

• Like 1

West Ham proved last summer with Soucek & Coufal at around £20mill for them both, there is value out there to be found. I expect one big big signing in terms of fee but then can see us try and utilise our analytics and scouts to unearth some gems. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

If you compare 1 v 1 yes. But Leicester had multiple top quality players out at the same time. They probably would have accumulated another 6-10 points if they were injury free.

Nah they wouldn't. Brenda is a serial bottler and will always be the bridesmaid. Like Pocchetino.

• Like 1