Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Does he become an option as a "cheap" purchase though? 

He's no longer option A but if a deal can be done we say **** it and buy options A and B

Only if we offloaded someone I would have though otherwise we would be stockpiling players in the wide areas, unless he could be back up to Ollie as striker. 

I wouldn't be against Rashica if we could get him for £10 million; these days for that money it's effectively a risk free signing.

El Ghazi, Rashica and Traore as our wingers; with Grealish in CAM; this would allow us to spend a fair amount on our 4th winger.

If we can get a player of real quality on the left wing; it's then upto the other 3 to battle it out for the other position. Exactly how we should be building our squad.

6 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Only if we offloaded someone I would have though otherwise we would be stockpiling players in the wide areas, unless he could be back up to Ollie as striker. 

If Grealish is going to continue in the CAM/10 role then we need to sign 2 wingers.

Currently we only have El Ghazi and Traore with Trezeguet effectively missing most of next season.

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If Grealish is going to continue in the CAM/10 role then we need to sign 2 wingers.

Currently we only have El Ghazi and Traore with Trezeguet effectively missing most of next season.

Very true think I was more thinking to when trez is back. We don’t know extent of injury and as we’ve seen with Wes could be out for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Do we have to play out wide as it stands next season though?

Traore

AEG

Jack (could well play more central though given how well it looked v Spurs)

JPB (5 minutes of prem action)

That's it. Compare to Spurs who have all of Bale, Son, Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela as wide options although they'll be moving two of those on you suspect but we really aren't stacked with wide options at all imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Do we have to play out wide as it stands next season though?

Traore

AEG

Jack (could well play more central though given how well it looked v Spurs)

JPB (5 minutes of prem action)

That's it. Compare to Spurs who have all of Bale, Son, Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela as wide options although they'll be moving two of those on you suspect but we really aren't stacked with wide options at all imo.

Yeah you’re right, think I had just assumed to myself we would defo be getting de arrascaeta and Buendia 😂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

By the way, is it not a little concerning that he's not even starting for a side that has just been relegated?

Or is he coming back from yet another injury?

Barge poles and Dodged bullets spring to mind here for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Does he become an option as a "cheap" purchase though? 

He's no longer option A but if a deal can be done we say **** it and buy options A and B

The Uruguayan as our option A, CAM/LWF/RWR and Rashica as the wildcard/Backup. wing depth sorted?

EDIT: Since Rashica is rapid, I wonder if he could play an LWB role at times? Cover.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Have there been any further links to De Arrascaeta? I know little about him but from what I have seen (admittedly YouTube) and from what people who have seen him more than I have have said, he seems like a player we could really do with. 

Edited by PieFacE