Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

29 minutes ago, useless said:

A player pushing for England doesn't make them out of reach of us, I'd put Maddison on a similar level to Abraham in that sense. I think he'd be a very good signing for us, we probably couldn't hope to sign a player with a bigger reputation, but at the same time I think some people are buying into the hype that surrounded him a couple of years back, he's good but not Grealish/Foden level of player good, and based on recent form not even on Mount's level.

Great! Let's sign Harry Kane while we're at it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

That doesn't really make sense.

It's like someone suggesting we move for Buendia, and someone else saying Great! Lets sign Messi while we're at it.

Harry Kane isn't pushing for a place in the England squad he's a guaranteed starter, a big difference between him and Maddison.

Your point was Leicester may not want him anymore which is ridiculous given Maddison's ability - proven by the clamour for him to play for England. There is no chance in hell we sign Maddison. Why would Leicester with a Champions League place sell one of their prized assets to us? Reality check.

• Like 2

No the idea that Leicester may not want Maddison anymore isn't 'ridiculous', he's been out of form and if they reach champions league they may feel they can sign better. a Leicester fan even came on here last night and said if they sell a player this summer it could be him, his inconsistency has been an issue for them for a while. Whether he'd come to us is a different matter, but him leaving them wouldn't be the biggest surprise, although like I said I think he'll stay with them for at least another season.

In that case why would we want a inconsistent, injury plagued (their word) £80m player on massive wages that Leicester doesn't rate?

Anyway, Maddison is not coming here regardless.

• Like 1

I'd be stunned if the club had spent a lot of money and time devising a recruitment strategy only to then start trying to spend £60-80 million on English players already playing in the league.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Pre-Everton press conference today:

Q: will the [summer] targets make supporters excited? 

DS: Well the targets make me excited so they should make the supporters excited too... *grins knowingly*

:) 

Inject this into my veins. Whilst I don't expect him to say "Nah mate, they're pretty bang average actually".. it's hard not to get excited!

• Like 3

Don't think players of the likes of Swift will be happening this summer except perhaps a left back where we don't really have any depth at all.

It'll be players brought in to start or guys a bit younger than 25.

Good player who's had an ordinary season.

49 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Your point was Leicester may not want him anymore which is ridiculous given Maddison's ability - proven by the clamour for him to play for England. There is no chance in hell we sign Maddison. Why would Leicester with a Champions League place sell one of their prized assets to us? Reality check.

OK, for the hundredth time, if there was an issue with him and Rodgers as is speculatively suggested in some quarters, he might be available.

Even then, almost everybody accepts its not likely we get him. But we're ambitious, loaded and it's not impossible. Also, it's just a bit of fun.

• Like 3