Jump to content

Summer transfer window 2021


zab6359
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SeanVilla said:

Trincao and the Hwang-lee chan in whilst keeping Neves, Neto, Adam, Jimenez etc. You should probably check before making these statements haha

Downgraded the keeper, not added depth in midfield

Neto is out for most of this season isn't he? Trincao is a good replacement though

The main thing for wolves so far is traore looks like he'll do better than his 1 goal and 2 assists from last year 

The funny thing is wolves fans on my Facebook think they've had a bad summer and are unhappy with their owners

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Trincao and the Hwang-lee chan in whilst keeping Neves, Neto, Adam, Jimenez etc. You should probably check before making these statements haha

Hwang who hasnt scored since before Covid and trincao to go with the 15 other wingers they have when they desperately needed a centre back and a striker oh and a quality goalkeeper 

Yeah cracking window

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Palace remind me of how Villa were. Always hovering around the relegation area but never really at threat to go down due to very defensive tactics and the odd bit of brilliance that would grind out results.

Then they have a new manager and some good signings on paper. Their fans are probably more optimistic then they’ve been for a long while. They could be in for a suprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Palace remind me of how Villa were. Always hovering around the relegation area but never really at threat to go down due to very defensive tactics and the odd bit of brilliance that would grind out results.

Then they have a new manager and some good signings on paper. Their fans are probably more optimistic then they’ve been for a long while. They could be in for a suprise.

Yeah, they could get relegated. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Did it need to be insightful. We had someone say they couldn't possibly see how he plays them both. 

It's pretty obvious isn't it.

No.  It is not obvious.  If it was, surely every team would be playing two strikers as, in theory, they score more goals. 

The challenge is how you compensate for being a man down in midfield, particularly when you have 5 out and out "wingers" as we do.  That is where the conundrum is and why the original poster is saying he can't see how you can fit them both in.

I believe our CM - as it stands - would be too lightweight to play 4-4-2.  We could, with the addition of Traore, play 3-4-1-2, but this wouldn't suit our five wide players?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The main thing for wolves so far is traore looks like he'll do better than his 1 goal and 2 assists from last year 

That wouldn't be hard. If they are relying on Traoré they'll go down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Trincao and the Hwang-lee chan in whilst keeping Neves, Neto, Adam, Jimenez etc. You should probably check before making these statements haha

Go onto their forum and just look at the thread titles on the main page, don't even need to click them to get an idea how well their window has been received.

Edited by Wainy316
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Downgraded the keeper, not added depth in midfield

Neto is out for most of this season isn't he? Trincao is a good replacement though

The main thing for wolves so far is traore looks like he'll do better than his 1 goal and 2 assists from last year 

The funny thing is wolves fans on my Facebook think they've had a bad summer and are unhappy with their owners

I've a lot of Wolves supporting friends and they are all seething. They have 3 designated midfielders in their entire first team squad, one of those is often used as a center back and another of them is is 35 years old. They knew the weaknesses before the window and failed to do anything about it. Oh and they were bidding for Kieffer 'smegging' Moore in the last hours of the window, doesn't scream great transfer window to me.

They are a couple of injuries away from really struggling this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Palace remind me of how Villa were. Always hovering around the relegation area but never really at threat to go down due to very defensive tactics and the odd bit of brilliance that would grind out results.

Then they have a new manager and some good signings on paper. Their fans are probably more optimistic then they’ve been for a long while. They could be in for a suprise.

A season of Aston Villa 15/16 proportions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Be interested to see what they about other clubs for context - Arsenal Newcastle etc .

That to me seemed like "little Aston villa ticking over nicely"  rather than us being big guns this season.

I really don't see how it could be viewed like that unless you're going into the video with that attitude already. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
7 hours ago, maqroll said:

but disappointed there wasn't a net positive outlay by ownership

It is much better for AVFC if we have a net negative outlay every window. The ideal scenario is to buy cheap and develop players and to develop via the youth setup. From the beginning NSWE and CP have said this is the Aston Villa strategy. Our strategy is working and I am happy with that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Go onto their forum and just look at the thread titles on the main page, don't even need to click them to get an idea how well their window has been received.

Maybe the fans aren’t happy and probably rightly so, the owners have put the brakes on spending this year. But you could say the same about us (same net spend). I’m not necessarily saying I like what they’ve done. Just looking at it from a what have they lost/what have they gained. I’d say they’ll do better this season than last. I don’t think we will. Still think we’ll be around the 11-14th mark, but was hoping for more after our window got off to a great start. As I said before. If we had kept Grealish but added Axel (loan) and Young (free), I don’t think people would have been too happy. One thing I’m happy about is we are not a one man team anymore. Problem atm is we can’t keep a full strength team fit to measure if we are better. We’ll probably have a better idea after playing Chelsea, Ev, Man Utd and Spurs. Not very optimistic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

You believe Ramsey and Chuk can be counted and relied on through a whole season to contribute and turn games? From what you have seen so far you honestly believe they are ready for a full season against some exceptional players in this league?

Why must they be able to turn games, are we demanding they be Kontes? Our team seemed to settle down once Ramsey came on during Watford and was arguably our most solid player against Newcastle. He seems to be trending towards a more reliable player this season. As for Chuk, he was okay against Brentford but is still a ways off from being a consistently solid contributor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Trincao and the Hwang-lee chan in whilst keeping Neves, Neto, Adam, Jimenez etc. You should probably check before making these statements haha

What's the relevance of this?  Using that logic we've signed Ings, Buendia, Bailey, Young and Tuanzebe, whilst keeping McGinn, Mings, Traore, Watkins etc

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, andym said:

What's the relevance of this?  Using that logic we've signed Ings, Buendia, Bailey, Young and Tuanzebe, whilst keeping McGinn, Mings, Traore, Watkins etc

The relevance is meant to be they’ve not sold their best (or one of their best) players. I was just highlighting them. Personally I think you have to take into account who we’ve (they’ve) sold to judge a windows success. 

Edited by SeanVilla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â