Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Think with every team improving around us we have had a window that will keep up with them but think the hopes of Europe will be out of our grasps unless some of our young lads push on at huge rate

• Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

That is what plenty on here believe, yes. I don't, but I do think the heavy bulk spending is now done and any new additions will be strategic. 

well works ok for Leicester, why cant it work OK for us. They have created the structure already, if something amazing comes up they will splash the cash but why should they for a Ward Prowse for example

Just now, Zatman said:

or dont want to spend money on 3rd or 5th choice options

Agreed its pointless to spend huge amounts on squad players.

Of course you need strength in depth buy huge fees on numbers makes zero sense in NSWE strategy.

• Like 1

Just now, pete101 said:

Think with every team improving around us we have had a window that will keep up with them but think the hopes of Europe will be out of our grasps unless some of our young lads push on at huge rate

Leeds and Arsenal didnt improve, below us which was a 10 point gap last season only Brighton have arguably improved. Newcastle finished below us last season and did nothing

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

well works ok for Leicester, why cant it work OK for us. They have created the structure already, if something amazing comes up they will splash the cash but why should they for a Ward Prowse for example

Was there a word missing from your last sentence? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'd argue arsenal have improved , they have spend the money in an awful way but they have improved their defence

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I'd argue arsenal have improved , they have spend the money in an awful way but they have improved their defence

they signed White but he wont fix everything and his only game has been a disaster so far, they signed a few young lads who might come good

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

they signed White but he wont fix everything and his only game has been a disaster so far, they signed a few young lads who might come good

Brought a defender today aswel, but this is our transfer thread , so I'll leave arsenal mostly horrible  business alone

6 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Was there a word missing from your last sentence? 

Not sure I get what you are saying?

"It works for Leicester so why not for us" (agreed - no argument),

"If something amazing comes up they will splash the cash, but why should they for a Ward Prowse for example" (isn't he amazing? The club thought he was worth bidding for)

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Maybe there just wasn't anyone better than what we already had available to buy this window. Maybe it's just that simple?

no its because the owners turned off the taps, or Dean Smith cant attract talent or because all the other players know we wont get Europe this season

leave your common sense out of this

• Haha 1

Last season from January 1st until the end of the season over the span of 22 games only Man City picked up more points than Arsenal, they've had a difficult start to this season but they're really not as bad as people think based on a few results; unless they have a particularly bad season by their standards we really shouldn't be judging our season based on whether we finish above them or not because they'll probably finish top eight again at least.

• Like 2

Not sure I get what you are saying?

"It works for Leicester so why not for us" (agreed - no argument),

"If something amazing comes up they will splash the cash, but why should they for a Ward Prowse for example" (isn't he amazing? The club thought he was worth bidding for)

he isnt amazing though, the club thought he might improve us but he isnt going to exceptionally improve us for the money Southampton wanted. He didnt even make the England squad this time around

4 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Maybe there just wasn't anyone better than what we already had available to buy this window. Maybe it's just that simple?

Not sure that is true to be fair. There definitely are/were better players than those we've already got who were available to buy. We didn't buy them because we had to shift one of ours first and the buyer wasn't forthcoming at the price we wanted.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he isnt amazing though, the club thought he might improve us but he isnt going to exceptionally improve us for the money Southampton wanted. He didnt even make the England squad this time around

Fair enough that you don't agree with the club that he is amazing. 

Fair enough that you don't agree with the club that he is amazing. 

the club didnt think he was amazing or would have broke the bank. Ward Prowse improves our midfield but not for his value. He is at most a 30 million player and Southampton wanted 50. Why should we get ripped off, then every signing we make gets doubled up in price because of stupid gullible Villa. Maybe the scouts/board see a better player somewhere next summer for 20 million while we are still in the Premier League

FWIW I never wanted Ward Prowse

• Like 1