Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

why does there have to be an excuse? we finished bottom half last season and all teams above made signings too

I wouldn't say 11th is bottom half, I'd say midtable, unless you wanna talk maths.

It was just a simple question.

I have to be honest and say I'm a little disappointed with the window, all things considered, the owners ambition, the extra financial freedom the JG sale gave us, and the clear deficiencies in the squad that are still apparent. However it matters not what I think, it only matters what the manager and owners think, so I suppose the question is what is the target for this season? For me I hoped ,even with losing JG, that it would be a serious attempt on European football. Is this squad good enough for that? Time will tell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I wouldn't say 11th is bottom half, I'd say midtable, unless you wanna talk maths.

It was just a simple question.

so bottom 6 is bottom half then?   We wont finish below 12th, is so many bad teams in this league

Oh well, we did some great business and really improved our attacking options. Can’t wait to see them all play in the same team.

Yes It was frustrating that we didn’t bring in another midfielder, but on the other hand we’ve got Sanson who could turn out to be very good.

I don’t feel like we missed out on any players in this window in terms of other clubs’ signings. I’m also pleased that we didn’t see the likes of McKennie, Kamara or Doucoure move to clubs that are of a similar level to us.

We’ll just have to wait and see what happens, but hopefully everyone will be fit sooner rather than later, apart from Trezeguet, and then we should be fine.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you're happy with the squad and think we will do well? Now I am confused. 

You need sleep.

I never once said I'm not happy with the squad. Like I have never said I hate Smith and want him sacked.

• Haha 1

Who do we think did better business than us in this window then? Particularly the teams around us…

Just off the top of my head…

Not Arsenal, not Leeds, not Everton, not Newcastle, not Wolves, not Palace, not Southampton….

Not…. so bad 😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Oh well, we did some great business and really improved our attacking options. Can’t wait to see them all play in the same team.

Yes It was frustrating that we didn’t bring in another midfielder, but on the other hand we’ve got Sanson who could turn out to be very good.

I don’t feel like we missed out on any players in this window in terms of other clubs’ signings. I’m also pleased that we didn’t see the likes of McKennie, Kamara or Doucoure move to clubs that are of a similar level to us.

We’ll just have to wait and see what happens, but hopefully everyone will be fit sooner rather than later, apart from Trezeguet, and then we should be fine.

Couldn't have summed it up better myself, especially the bolded part!  🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Who do we think did better business than us in this window then? Particularly the teams around us…

Just off the top of my head…

Not Arsenal, not Leeds, not Everton, not Newcastle, not Wolves, not Palace, not Southampton….

Not…. so bad 😆

West Ham, they will move further away. Hope I'm wrong though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I'll hold you to that. 

But the question was, what if we do?

its all ifs and buts. What if we finish top 6? Will people stop criticising Smith. I bet they wont

Just now, foreveryoung said:

West Ham, they will move further away. Hope I'm wrong though.

I think you're spot on.

They love 4 2 3 1 and those DM players they have patrol and protect eh defence nicely.

I think West ham will be clear of us in the league.

Btw, I just flicked onto SSN for the first time in probably a couple of years…

Kaveh praising the crap out of agents

Merse claiming that Arsenal are well run, make loads of money and are in the black (clueless! 🤣)

Yeah, I won’t be tuning in again for the foreseeable 😆

There’s every chance we’ll finish higher this season, maybe aim for 8th? Who wouldn’t be happy with that?

Our attack is way stronger, we will score plenty of goals…

Crazy to demand or expect a European place when this is a season of transition for us, but who knows?

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just playing devils advocate, what will be the excuse if we finish bottom half I wonder?

Grelish leaving 2 weeks before the season starts.

Emi’s missing games.

Not able to get our targets.

Covid

FFP

Bedding in kids, we’ll be better next season.

Buendia and Bailey need a full pre-season.

5 year plan.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The thing about there needing to be a fee for one of our midfielders before we brought another one in is interesting for a few reasons because: (a) it suggests we were ready/willing to listen to offers on McGinn, Luiz or Nakamba, (b) FFP limits dictated our reticence to spend more. It wasn't that we wouldn't spend again, but that we couldn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

The thing about there needing to be a fee for one of our midfielders before we brought another one in is interesting for a few reasons because: (a) it suggests we were ready/willing to listen to offers on McGinn, Luiz or Nakamba, (b) FFP limits dictated our reticence to spend more. It wasn't that we wouldn't spend again, but that we couldn't. 

Or (c) Owners have turned the taps off.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Btw, I just flicked onto SSN for the first time in probably a couple of years…

Kaveh praising the crap out of agents

Merse claiming that Arsenal are well run, make loads of money and are in the black (clueless! 🤣)

Yeah, I won’t be tuning in again for the foreseeable 😆

April 1st?