Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just playing devils advocate, what will be the excuse if we finish bottom half I wonder?

I'm confused. Why does there need to be an excuse? You've said multiple times this squad isn't good enough to challenge for Europe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Someone should show this to the you from uh...12 months ago. You'd probably laugh at yourself.

Entitlement and demands of instant success all wrapped up in 1 post. 

I'm so glad, this attitude is in the vast minority of our fanbase. We'd be a horrible lot if it wasn't. 

Just now, thunderball said:

Looks like Wolves have had an 11th hour ‘mare today. 5 deals collapsing.

Yeah but they put loads of bids in on deadline day, so that automatically makes them ambitious and not prepared to just stand still.

• Like 1

Right then lads…the window is over, we’ve signed some quality players. 
Now is the time to back the manager and players, to have faith in the club, to look forwards with excitement, enthusiasm and positivity.

To sit back and try to enjoy the ride.

Who’s with me?

spacer.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just playing devils advocate, what will be the excuse if we finish bottom half I wonder?

why does there have to be an excuse? we finished bottom half last season and all teams above made signings too

Our business means we should end the season putting some more daylight between us an the likes of Burnley , Southampton etc

We should be looking at Everton, Leeds and Arsenal as teams we can finish above this season in our bid to becoming  a top half team 

Just don't think we did enough to close the gap on the likes of  Spurs and Leicester and to an extent West Ham who look like they had a decent window 

time will tell I guess 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm confused. Why does there need to be an excuse? You've said multiple times this squad isn't good enough to challenge for Europe. 

Have I? I think you may be getting me mixed up with someone else?

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Our business means we should end the season putting some more daylight between us an the likes of Burnley , Southampton etc

We should be looking at Everton, Leeds and Arsenal as teams we can finish above this season in oyr bid to becoming  a top half team 

Just don't think we did enough to close the gap on the likes of  Spurs and Leicester and to an extent West Ham who look like they had a decent window 

time will tell I guess 

I agree. With the last paragraph I'm not sure how realistic it was to expect that. Those teams are in a much stronger position. However I feel we will be getting closer over the next few seasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hardly the end of the world. Only player I think not good enough in that lot is Nakamba, and Chuk is young and will be blooded slowly.

yes but Nakamba for his faults has games he can play or if we are holding on. He is a good squad player 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

yes but Nakamba for his faults has games he can play or if we are holding on. He is a good squad player 

Absolutely. He showed last year that he's good when called upon in certain situations. Don't think he'll ever threaten as a permanent starter though. Which is fine. He cost what, 11m?

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We should be looking at Everton, Leeds and Arsenal as teams we can finish above this season in our bid to becoming  a top half team 

time will tell I guess 

Yes, I think we should be aiming to finish top of that little mini league with Everton/Leeds/Arsenal. I think Spurs and Leicester are currently a bridge too far though. They have multiple world class players, and we just sold 1 of the 2 we had and will be missing the other for a not insignificant amount this season.

OK we did great in this window with signings But that huge hole in our midfield hasn't been fixed and for me that spells trouble.

I'm not saying we will be relegated but our midfield dosnt have the enforcer we required.

I think in a fair few games our midfield will invite pressure due to inability to get what we actually needed.

We always want more but im content with the great work the staff did, but hope the midfield holds up from.a defensive point of view.

UTV