Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I thought both had played wingbacks

Lol. No. One of the reasons Traore fell out of favour at Lyon was because they played wingbacks.

I can’t see a 3-5-2 formation as it wouldn’t benefit Buendia or Bailey who have been brought in as our creators. 

We’ll see a 4-4-2 before we see a 3-5-2. Both aren’t good ideas though IMO. 4-3-3 is the way to go with our squad I feel. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Not a wonderful window at all imo. 

4/10 for me, mate. Signed some good players but not sure the areas that needed strengthening were focused on. 

Probably done enough to stand still, if we’re lucky. 

Very surprised we didn’t sign a defensive midfielder to compliment our new attacking prowess, but hey ho. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Don't forget Konsa and Tuanzube can both play right back. Also Hayden-Kessler can be recalled from his loan as well.

I think Kessler will be a great player for us. Let him enjoy his loan at Swindon this year. Get him out on loan to the championship next year and the season after that, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t knocking on the door of the first team. 

He’s got everything it takes to be a top player in my opinion. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What does that have to do with Grealish?

I mentioned Greasy as a way of pointing out this hasn't been a 'smashing' window like you said because we've lost our best player.

The hole he leaves is pretty much irreplaceable because of what he gave us, Ings, Buendia and Bailey will all contribute in their own way but won't bring what he did. 

But whether we'd sold him or not CM/DM was the area I and many others identified as a weakness last season and it hasn't been fixed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The opportunity couldn't have presented itself any more obviously, but no doubt we'll sit on our hands and do nothing. 

How do you we want him? How do we know we didn’t enquire and he wanted astronomical wages.. but instead we’ve sat on our hands and done nothing 

frankly with how crazy shallow the squad is now, I'd welcome a couple of free agents coming in after the window closes to bolster our squad. At this rate we have, from what I can see, 21 players to register for our 25 man squad.

I'd say bring back Elmo if Guilbert is off to France again but I didn't feel comfortable with him coming into the side last year. I don't know if I'd feel more comfortable with Tuanzebe or Konsa covering there either though, especially when one is a sick note and the other is currently injured. Cash hasn't looked that good end of last season and the start of this season so the last thing we need is no competition for his spot in the side.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And the same people posting with their head in the sand is really boring too 😉

Head in sand means ignoring a reasoned argument, I don’t think I am.

It’s opinions based on your rationale and that’s what message boards are for (even if it is repetitive)😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whatever you think about the hunt for a central midfielder to take us to the next level, which appears as if it will be on hold for now, this is complete nonsense. 

Our biggest problem last season was creating chances without Jack Grealish in the team. We have sought to resolve that. Obviously, Jack Grealish leaving hasn't helped matters, but it is ludicrous to dismiss the work they have done in this area. 

Disagree but ok buddy. You crack on with your nonsense 😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2