Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, jim said:

Doubt it. How much would it cost to replace 11 goals in 31? 

4 were penalties last season, they wont cost us anything to replace as we have Ings and others that can take pens. I would think we could replace and upgrade him for 25m/30m and I would be confident that the replacement would score the goals that we lose from selling El Ghazi

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Well everyone wanted Buendia as RW right midfield etc after the watford game and he was moved there for the game against Newcastle and lets be honest he was non existent and didnt do anything more there and didnt take on any of the defenders, he would be wasted there IF he does not bring that pace and speed in that area whereas Bailey would be causing destruction. Time is the essence so he will need to impress sooner or later because we need all areas to be utilised greatly, bidace has to be given a start soon as LW, he needs to be more clinical in the final third however and make better decisions but he causes tremendous problems for the opposition and will certainly be more of a dynamic nuisance than El-Ghazi

I think (hope) that there are three factors:

1. He's getting over an injury

2. He's not yet fully fit

3. He's not helped by the fact that he hasn't got legs around him - I think Watkins' running would make Buendia look better (as at the start of pre-season - accepting it was only Walsall) and Bailey's pace (or possibly JPB) on the left hand side will also stretch the defence/create more space for Buendia to operate in.  Equally, I think if we could get the balance right in our midfield then this would make Buendia's job easier/him look better.

• Like 1

Personally do not think we are a selling club.

Grealish left due to a release clause.

We’ve been trying to shift dross for months and the best we could do is a loan deal for Wesley and release a few players.

I don’t think we can sell anyone!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What the…?! Who is this kid?

spacer.png

Very impressive but big difference to come on and work your a off for 20-25 minutes compared to doing the same over 90 minutes.

Stats get a bit skewed since only 3 or 4 of those games are starts and he's been brought on late in games against tired players.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2021 at 14:30, omariqy said:

Way I see it is we have one of the best back 5’s and forward players outside the top 4/5 teams. Our issue is still quality in depth and the midfield. McGinn on his day can be up there and likewise Luiz - issue is consistency. We are probably a top midfielder away from being on that level. 

If I was to categorise them

Top 6 to 8 players

Martinez
Cash
Konsa
Mings
Targett
Young
McGinn
Luiz
Bailey
Buendia
Ings
Watkins
Traore

Unknown

Sanson
Tuanzebe

Need improving on

Steer
Guilbert
Hause
Hourihane
Nakamba
El Ghazi
Trezeguet
Wesley
Davis

Prospects

Ramsey
Chuk
JPB

I wouldn't disagree with much of this, except I think Hause is good enough as a second choice left sided CB for a team competing for the 5th-10th spot.  I think Steer may be good enough for a second choice keeper but we haven't seen much of him recently so hard to know and I would say the same of Guilbert.

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s the answer I was looking for, but also creates doubt if I want him. Do we really want this kind of disruption to our squad? 

Ship has already sailed, did you see what Tuanzebe ordered at that Man U team dinner?

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864zotkd8xg74lginxoi

I shall not sing his lip up fatty chant from now on 

Had to look it up and it wasn't Tuanzebe, it was Greenwood that ordered the well done steak.

Tuanzebe got the ribs so he might be OK :D