Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think the interesting thing is that Sarr will remain in France on loan for the year, so clearly isn't "ready" just yet. I am of the opinion that we don't really need another development type signing.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that type of signing, so long as we weren't expecting them to immediately become a first team regular. But I do agree, the higher quality ready made players are also needed.

If we signed Sarr for example and moved Nakamba on, I think that would be ok, as Nakamba only played 13 games last season, a similar return for a developmental player like Sarr would be ok. But either way, we need better players ahead of whoever is filling that role in our squad.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think the interesting thing is that Sarr will remain in France on loan for the year, so clearly isn't "ready" just yet. I am of the opinion that we don't really need a development type signing.

I’d agree most of our development players have either come through the ranks as kids or have been more recently taken from other academies and adjudged to be top prospects. We’re paying out fees in the thousands rather than the millions. It’s clearly a plan to produce either first team high quality or make money from those we feel aren’t quite there or we have a surplus in the squad in a particular position. 

It’s taking a bit of getting used to this well run, professional, ambitious club, with proper plans malarkey. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It's a lot like our pursuit of ESR and JWP.  At least we're desperately trying to try to add a midfielder from that next tier of quality to the squad.  Eventually we'll pull off a signing off that will surprise everyone.

The articles I've read in Italian make it sound a bit complicated, for him to be available Juve have to get Pjanic, they'd like to sell Ramsey but the easier sell is McKennie. The positive is they say the most likely destination for McKennie woudl be us.

• Like 2

Just now, romavillan said:

The articles I've read in Italian make it sound a bit complicated, for him to be available Juve have to get Pjanic, they'd like to sell Ramsey but the easier sell is McKennie. The positive is they say the most likely destination for McKennie woudl be us.

Oh I’m sure we could lend them a helping hand… 😆

Welcome Weston!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It's a lot like our pursuit of ESR and JWP.  At least we're desperately trying to try to add a midfielder from that next tier of quality to the squad.  Eventually we'll pull off a signing off that will surprise everyone.

Define pursuit.

ESR was never going leave Arsenal. He's said so himself.

JWP was never leaving saints for anything like our reported £25m bid.

We will never know for sure but was our interest in either player serious.

Just now, hippo said:

Define pursuit.

ESR was never going leave Arsenal. He's said so himself.

JWP was never leaving saints for anything like our reported £25m bid.

We will never know for sure but was our interest in either player serious.

Sabre rattling 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864dto1gnibsr992ipb5

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

This is very disappointing news. Maybe it means we're still after Doucoure though, the fact Sarr has gone for that fee means you won't get ripped off with comparative prices from that league currently.

Well, Levy won’t.

Kane staying put then…

Goods new really, as ,with a huge sale/fee, Spurs would’ve been very busy and active in the market…

Might mean we have less competition for certain targets… 

Oh and a nice F U to Citeh 😆

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Kane staying put then…

Good new really, as ,with a huge sale/fee, Spurs would’ve been very busy and active in the market…

bigger picture though it's not good news. city would have to be investigated if this deal happened and it could have finally seen them be done

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

bigger picture though it's not good news. city would have to be investigated if this deal happened and it could have finally seen them be done

The v fact that they courted the Kane transfer should be a red flag to any authorities. Unfortunately, the books can be cooked in such a way that Citeh will be at break even for FFP and no one will ask where the Kane money was meant to come from 

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Investigations are ongoing… the JG deal should have been enough to further raise eyebrows too, plus their pursuit of Kane… clearly disregarding the scrutiny they have been under…

See thread:

• Thanks 1

Apparently Ronaldo wants to go to Man City in this window, as they are the only club who are prepared to pay his high wages. There’s very smelly, stinks to high heaven and then Man City. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Kane staying put then…

Goods new really, as ,with a huge sale/fee, Spurs would’ve been very busy and active in the market…

Oh and a nice F U to Citeh 😆

I disagree.  Man City aren’t a rival for positions in the league whereas Spurs are. Them losing Kane would be a massive blow to them this late in the window whereas City are miles ahead of us so adding Kane makes no difference to us.  Kane also going to City places more investigative focus on them.  Now Spurs stay stronger with Kane staying there and city will most likely get away with stuff.  Hurts us!

it might also mean if we do compete with Spurs in the market can show strength by keeping Kane and they can play with Kane whereas we had to sell our best player.  We look the weaker club for any potential targets.

• Like 1

So we bent over and allowed Grealish a release clause which we naively didn't believe would be met..it was so we are weakened. Spurs didnt allow this with Kane. Yet we all pisstake Levy.

We are drawn into bidding for two players who go onto sign new contracts for their existing teams. Pawns in the agents games used to enhance contracts at current teams. 

Whilst I am happy with the behind the scenes running overall even the most positive fan surely can see this isn't good.

• Like 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

So we bent over and allowed Grealish a release clause which we naively didn't believe would be met..it was so we are weakened. Spurs didnt allow this with Kane. Yet we all pisstake Levy.

We are drawn into bidding for two players who go onto sign new contracts for their existing teams. Pawns in the agents games used to enhance contracts at current teams. 

Whilst I am happy with the behind the scenes running overall even the most positive fan surely can see this isn't good.

I love a bit of hindsight too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I love a bit of hindsight too. 

It's alright saying that but surely we could all forsee the above happening.. enough people said it would on here alone..Nevermind the people at Villa.

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Or maybe we're not weakened. 

• Shocked 1