Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

40 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The figures are a comparison to similar players (same roles or positons) from what are considered the top 5 leagues… it shows how well each player ranks and who would be deemed an inferior or superior player. Stats are never the be all and end all, there are always other factors to take into account, but they provide a layer of evidence and basis upon which to judge a player also…

Just to show how much of an upgrade this guy would be… here are Nakamba & Luiz’s (in that order) stats in comparison to him:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anguissa would be a significant upgrade too, and he played in the Prem for a struggling and relegated team. I wonder how well he would do in a stronger side such as ours…

spacer.png

Yeah I get that, it’s just he’s achieving those percentiles partly because he’s up against poorer opposition - Nakamba and Luiz are up against Premier Legaue players. Does look a player though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Okonokos said:

PSV failed to qualify for the Champions League. Let's go and get Sangare now!

Wanted him last summer and he went for a ridiculously low price to psv 9m I think?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Playing devil's advocate a bit here, but you said that you think the current squad can finish 5th-10th. When Grealish was out last season our form was pretty terrible, and we now find ourselves in a position where we don't have him in the team anymore.

Surely in order for us to finish as high as 5th, we would need all of our new attacking signings to hit the ground running. Ings looks like he has but we can't expect the same of Buendia and Bailey who, in my view, are going to be crucial for replacing what Grealish gave us.

I'm expecting Traore to be better this season now that he has settled in, but we would do well to finish in the top half at the moment.

We are 10th now and I'd gladly take that at the end of the season IF we don't do any more business.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The 6 players who played in midfield last night:

Tielemans
Maddison
Ndidi
Rice
Soucek
Benrahma

Not one of our midfielders would start ahead of those.

Anyone saying that what we have gets us anywhere near a top 8 finish is off their tits.

We need 2 new players in there. Or 1 and we settle for somewhere around 11th.

Just depends how patient the board are for success. 

I think SJM (of Scotland form, pre-injury in the first season and last couple of games is on a par with these) and I think Dougie (of post project restart) is also, but neither have been consistent recently (Dougie is obviously still very young).  I am not sure yet where Sanson sits.

We certainly don't have a Rice or Ndidi type though and that is a key requirement for me.  Another "8" (McKennie or Rafinha) would give us another quality option for a 4-3-3 which I think suits SJM/our personnel better.

I agree with your view on position etc..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah true, Aston Villa don’t work weekends. 

Very funny.

The legal and other associated people to make a transfer happen don't work weekends. Exceptions of course for big transfers .

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

The legal and other associated people to make a transfer happen don't work weekends. Exceptions of course for big transfers .

They will be available for work 24*7 for the duration of the transfer window.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Very funny.

You're not actually serious are you?

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Dean recently commented that we are working on outgoings.

Wesley has been loaned back to Brugge now and I believe that Conor (hopefully put himself in the shop window moreso after his performance) and Guilbert (see his Twitter account for “hints”, possibly headed back to Strasbourg) will be sold shortly…

We may even sell Nakamba. (Let’s Upgrade!!)

When those deals go through, I’m fairly sure there will be more signings… see no reason to rule any out… still time and I expect the transfer activity for most clubs to heat up as we draw nearer to the close of the window…

Maybe we are after McKennie…

Luiz linked to Roma again. Could only be let go if we had a better player lined up to come in.

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

You're not actually serious are you?

Yes. Sure they could be pulled in if we were in the throws of landing a major transfer.

But there don't appear to be any major rumblings. Yes I know Danny Ings - but that was very much the exception.

Most transfers are completed Mon - Fri.