Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

58 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The Covid break saved us from relegation. We were dropping like a stone and had just lost 4-0 to Leicester. Then we had the Covid break and after that we started to pick up points

We’re talking two different seasons, I’m talking about last season

Edited by bannedfromHandV

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you think it's bad, just remmeber it could be worse.

🤣

Imagine what they'd be like if their club did a Bury, Bolton, Portsmouth, Luton, Rotherham, Sheff Weds etc.

Well, seeing as they've only supported $hitty since 2008 I guess they'd just go and support someone else instead but you get my point.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you think it's bad, just remmeber it could be worse.

🤣

Pep must have some kind of Derren Brown mind manipulation skills if that’s what they think! 🤣

Don't we think Kurt Zouma could be a option. Big strong defender, West Ham wanted him but £30m plus £160k a week was too much for them. Chelsea want shot of him, I'm sure his salary will have to be negotiated. 

Not sure how he was ever worth 160k a week, the mind boggles.

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Imagine what they'd be like if their club did a Bury, Bolton, Portsmouth, Luton, Rotherham, Sheff Weds etc.

Well, seeing as they've only supported $hitty since 2008 I guess they'd just go and support someone else instead but you get my point.

They’ve all still got their red “jerseys” in the wardrobe. They’ll be fine. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Who is this "JACK" muppet the last few posters are talking about..is he the guy who sold his soul to shake man-sewer from abie dabie doo for millions?

Shiny McShinsplints you mean? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

One player will not get you to 5th - 8th. The core of team need to be capable of playing at that level and the spark of a special player helps to push u there. Our team did not look out of place in the top half

It did, we finished 11th. 

Just now, MJ_1874 said:

Did you actually watch last season?   Until Grealish got injured we were looking good for a top 6-7 finish.

Which is why several of our players need upgrading and why I’m a little concerned about this season. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Which is why several of our players need upgrading and why I’m a little concerned about this season. 👍

Several of our players have been upgraded though and overall we may be stronger than we were last season when most of the time we were sitting between 4th-8th.  We started last season without Ings, Bailey and Buendia.  Sanson has yet to really show what he can do.  Ramsey has matured.   If we had sold Grealish and signed no one then I would agree with you.  I am still hoping for a solid DCM but don't understand your pessimism. 

• Like 2

Just now, MJ_1874 said:

Several of our players have been upgraded though and overall we may be stronger than we were last season when most of the time we were sitting between 4th-8th.  We started last season without Ings, Bailey and Buendia.  Sanson has yet to really show what he can do.  Ramsey has matured.   If we had sold Grealish and signed no one then I would agree with you.  I am still hoping for a solid DCM but don't understand your pessimism. 

Look, I absolutely hope you’re right and that my pessimism is misguided, I just see us struggling a tad this season

I hope you’re telling me I was wrong all along in a few months time!

• Like 1

Has Dean ever played with a regular starting 'traditional' DM in his managerial career? Aside from the odd Nakama game?

I'm just not sure its a position he is even considering. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Has Dean ever played with a regular starting 'traditional' DM in his managerial career? Aside from the odd Nakama game?

I'm just not sure its a position he is even considering. 

Whelan in a 4141 on our run to promotion but don't think he likes playing a DM

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Whelan in a 4141 on our run to promotion but don't think he likes playing DM

I think we're more likely to go with two 8's in there, either of which can drop back if needed. Be it McGinn/Luiz or (hopefully) McKennie/Luiz or McKennie/McGinn 

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking at the Academy, by 2025 we might not even need a transfer window. lol

Although you're joking, it is going to make a massive difference. It means we can target 1 or 2 key signings a season as opposed to 3 or 4.

We really just need a leader in CM to push us forward even further.

I genuinely believe that we're not too far away from being a consistent Top 8 team. Then the youth players coming through will only make us better.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't we think Kurt Zouma could be a option. Big strong defender, West Ham wanted him but £30m plus £160k a week was too much for them. Chelsea want shot of him, I'm sure his salary will have to be negotiated. 

Not sure how he was ever worth 160k a week, the mind boggles.

Wages are far too high he would need to be sub 100k the fee is alright for him.

When buying a centre back it needs to be remembered unless the guy is being brought to be a nailed on starter you can’t pay him that.

To be a nailed on starter he will have to be some centre back and likely cost more than 30m if he were from an English club.

I was all for buying a real challenger at centre back this summer, the club opted for Tuanzebe on loan. An upgrade on the backup from last year but not the permanent solution I hoped for 

• Like 2