Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

42 minutes ago, wict01 said:

So our business is done according to Ashley Preece? Bit disappointing if true as we all know CM needs strengthening, but hopefully it gives us the scope to address it in Jan if needs be. Hope Sanson can step up and make a big impact once fit. 

The guy who insisted Grealish was staying

27 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’d hope not, but who knows.  

Weird if it is done, that means we were never planing to spend any money of Grealish stayed.  Which surely can’t be true.

Well they said they just wanted one or two signings to improve the squad. 

If you don't count the three that were categorised as replacing Grealish (Buendia, Ings, Bailey), we've signed Young and Tuanzebe for a total of £0

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We finished 11th and beat Arsenal to the signing of Buendia and signed one of the most exciting players in the Bundesliga. 

The idea that we won't be able to sign good players next summer based on the Watford game is the kind of hypothetical doomsday nonsense I've just mentioned in the Dean Smith thread. 

After the weekend Harry Kane doesn't want to join City and nobody will ever want to play for Arsenal or Leeds again

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I get the feeling the club believe Carney is the future midfield heart of our club, but they also know he's not quite there yet, physically, for the rigors of week in/week out Prem football.

As such, I don't think they see buying a central midfielder as a priority this season and may look toward high profile loans, similar to Barkley (but good) for the next season or two until Carney is ready and we can move the less capable senior players on.

If we do sign a central midfielder, I can see Carney getting a loan. We have such a strong youth system now it's going to need a measured strategy to reap the rewards of it.

We're operating responsibly/professionally and, taking the last decade into account, that's more than good enough for me.

We don’t want a central midfielder, surely? We want a defensive midfielder. They’re different jobs. Madness to go into a season where you really want to push on talking about playing a 2 man midfield with Nakamba as the more defensive of the two. Utter insanity. 

The owners have done enough to be given the benefit of the doubt. 

Regardless of the view from some, there is no race against the clock to finish top 6. We've invested massively in our academy and if the club feel the right value players aren't gettable this window then I'm happy to wait for future windows. 

We don't need to spend money just for the sake of it. We're building something. 

Saying that, I still feel we will try and bring someone else in.

• Like 1

Dean, Purslow, everyone associated with management has been clear the strategic goal of the club is to progress every season. As things stand we’ll likely go backwards without further additions.

We’re going to sign more players this window - and likely shift a few, too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If this is it I’m extremely disappointed. We haven’t done enough and once again, not for the first time, we’ve missed the boat even though we were stood right there on the shore as it launched. 

Classic Villa. 

I agree 100%. It would be different if we were having cash-flow problems if you will, but that is not the case. We have been linked some midfielders that I think could really help us in the short and long term but yet perhaps not getting any of them.

I trust Dean knows what he's doing but, you would have to think with how he inept the midfield was against Watford that some midfield help is quite clearly needed.

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

I agree 100%. It would be different if we were having cash-flow problems if you will, but that is not the case. We have been linked some midfielders that I think could really help us in the short and long term but yet perhaps not getting any of them.

I trust Dean knows what he's doing but, you would have to think with how he inept the midfield was against Watford that some midfield help is quite clearly needed.

We absolutely need a new midfield player but then we have got Luiz and Sanson still in the squad. 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If this is it I’m extremely disappointed. We haven’t done enough and once again, not for the first time, we’ve missed the boat even though we were stood right there on the shore as it launched. 

Classic Villa. 

Don't forget though DDD - your a seasoned villa supporter. You know that despite our exciting youth talent most of them won't make it.

You know that not all of the new signings will thrive.

You know that Ings and Watkins probably won't play together.

The board are rookies in this respect. They may have got carried with the youth prospects or that adding Ings means the team as a whole will score more.

Etc etc...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Dean, Purslow, everyone associated with management has been clear the strategic goal of the club is to progress every season. As things stand we’ll likely go backwards without further additions.

We’re going to sign more players this window - and likely shift a few, too. 

Could it be that we are waiting for players like Wesley, Connor, Fred and a few younger lads to leave or go on loan, before we're able to finalise on further incomings?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We absolutely need a new midfield player but then we have got Luiz and Sanson still in the squad. 

People are missing that to buy another we need to ship one out. Obviously that would be Conor but he has no takers 

6 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

We don't have cash flow problems thus far because the owners have bankrolled our moves in the transfer market and underwritten millions of losses. May that's not the permanent business model.

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Could it be that we are waiting for players like Wesley, Connor, Fred and a few younger lads to leave or go on loan, before we're able to finalise on further incomings?

Not saying you're wrong - but why would that be the case ? 

52 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Do they want to block the pathway of us getting top six because this will happen if were persisting with throwing in Chukwuemeka and Ramsey.

Both should go out on loan for their development.

We need proven quality now to push us on and not players who are very much work in progress.

You didn't see Onomah e.t.c starting for Spurs week in week out did you?

Different players develop better in different ways. I think chukwuemeka will benefit more this year by being in and around the squad (like Ramsey was last season), Ramsey too if we don’t sign anyone else.

That’s said I absolutely agree that we shouldn’t not sign players because of X or Y youth player, if they are good enough they will make it.

I imagine the £100m received will go into filling up our financial gaps we have. the owners cannot keep doing share issues to underwrite our losses. I suppose this is the first step to becoming self sufficient.

They are no doubt aware of the possible impending new FFP rules take make it even more impossible for us than it already is, so not spending another £100m on players is probably their thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not saying you're wrong - but why would that be the case ? 

Because we only have so many squad spaces and we have to balance finances first before adding more players. We do not have unlimited funds.