Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

In a two way battle with Spurs for Damsgaard according to Calciomercato and Sportswitness (whatever those last ones are)

No secret I've wanted us to sign him for the last 9 months or so so I'd obviously be delighted if we managed to.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

In a two way battle with Spurs for Damsgaard according to Calciomercato and Sportswitness (whatever those last ones are)

No secret I've wanted us to sign him for the last 9 months or so so I'd obviously be delighted if we managed to.

If we sign him we need to sell el ghazi, as how many wingers do we need 😂

Just now, rbcuk said:

If we sign him we need to sell el ghazi, as how many wingers do we need 😂

I'm very OK with that. This summer is as high as his valuation will ever be.

Same with Nakamba, if we can shift him and bring in a improvement at CM now is the time to do so. He'll be way down the pecking order once Sanson & Luiz is back and then off to the AFCON for most of Jan-Feb.

• Like 1

the worst thing right now would be to panic buy a new midfield because of an off game against a newly promoted team in front of a packed home crowd. 

Most home teams won today, not a coincidence. Those players haven't turned to bad players out of nowhere, just a bad day at the office.

Still got faith with the coaching setup and our scouts to find a gem if Lange & co. think we can get a good deal. Otherwise we go again against Newcastle looking a bit sharper, with Villa Park rocking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I'm very OK with that. This summer is as high as his valuation will ever be.

Same with Nakamba, if we can shift him and bring in a improvement at CM now is the time to do so. He'll be way down the pecking order once Sanson & Luiz is back and then off to the AFCON for most of Jan-Feb.

Yes Nakamba is not good enough for this level, we need to get rid of a fair few before the window shuts imo

28 minutes ago, skarroki said:

think we'll be fine it's just been a horror show by Targett today and a few of our better players being out of shape / injured at the same time. 

If Bailey and Watkins start this game and Targett doesn't look league 2 level out of nowhere we don't lose 3-1

It was 3-2 bro.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Yes Nakamba is not good enough for this level, we need to get rid of a fair few before the window shuts imo

Nakamba really suffered as the system first half showed his limitations. When we went 433 he looked much more comfortable. If we are going to play 433 a lot then he should be kept as a squad player. But if Dean wants to persist with 4231 he has to go, he has no business being in any formation where he has to play expansively. 

McGinn also looked far better in a 433 when he wasn't playing as a holder. Maybe we should stop putting square pegs in round holes

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, skarroki said:

The worst thing right now would be to panic buy a new midfield because of an off game against a newly promoted team in front of a packed home crowd. 

Would it be a panic?

We have McGinn, Luiz, Sanson, Hourihane, Nakamba and Ramsey.

There isn't a pair in there that's good enough - so we need to play three.

People are talking about us competing with Arsenal and Tottenham - how many of those six do you think would get into the matchday squads of those two sides? How many would be in Leeds squad, or in Everton's?

We need a new midfield because we need a new midfield - I don't think that's a panic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Would it be a panic?

We have McGinn, Luiz, Sanson, Hourihane, Nakamba and Ramsey.

There isn't a pair in there that's good enough - so we need to play three.

People are talking about us competing with Arsenal and Tottenham - how many of those six do you think would get into the matchday squads of those two sides? How many would be in Leeds squad, or in Everton's?

We need a new midfield because we need a new midfield - I don't think that's a panic.

Sanson is a bit of an unknown but he was brought in to be a starter I suspect.

12 months ago we were worried about losing Douglas Luiz to Man City so I expect people would have said he'd get into the Arsenal or Spurs team.

John McGinn is class but gets absolutely slated on here for whatever reason, I'm not sure.

I would like another in and then Hourihane sold, Ramsey + Chuk out on loan but if those 3 and Nakamba are our back ups going into the season then we'll have to adapt to that.