Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be disappointing if we don't strengthen in the middle of the park - perhaps it's a vote of confidence in Sanson, but I think the squad is fine for numbers but light on quality right now. With Dean backing up the suggestion from Purslow that we're done in this window, I think we're looking at a finish somewhere between 8th and 15th. I think if we flirt too long in the bottom half the manager might regret not getting another couple in.

Ah well, what we've got is decent, we've spent money on replacing the strength we had in Grealish and I think we've done that quite well, but we've not spent on strengthening in the areas where we weren't as strong - so I think what we've got is a different way to get 11th.

I agree.

I think Anguissa, would be a good addition to that area.....otherwise I think too, we will regret not strengthening there.

I am unsure if Nakamba can come good.....Or Sanson can play a part in a strong midfield.....its a call the club must make.

22 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ahhhhh you almost had it till the last word, damn you and your sensible posts. You need a talking to chap.

usually get one on here😀

50 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

AVFC Reddit said he was on his way to sign with Villa.

He's been on his way for days. Didn't realise Northampton was that far :) 

Hopefully this will show Dean and the Board that we desperately need two central midfielders.  McGinn is OK to come off the bench.  But if starts 30 games this season then we have no chance of finishing in the top half.  Unfortunately Smith seems to think that he is undroppable because he runs around a lot and is a good lad.

1 minute ago, allani said:

Hopefully this will show Dean and the Board that we desperately need two central midfielders.  McGinn is OK to come off the bench.  But if starts 30 games this season then we have no chance of finishing in the top half.  Unfortunately Smith seems to think that he is undroppable because he runs around a lot and is a good lad.

Think McGinn has been only one to turn up today personally from our big hitters.

Nakamba been awful, even a barely bothered Luiz is better option at DM.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think McGinn has been only one to turn up today personally from our big hitters.

Nakamba been awful, even a barely bothered Luiz is better option at DM.

I am shocked that we haven't signed a CM so far.  Having to start a match with McGinn and Nakamba is very, very concerning.  Especially as it looks like Dougie and Sansom are not likely to be in the squad for 2 or 3 weeks.  I am really worried that we haven't prioritised this as we needed to strengthen in this position regardless of whether a certain player stayed or not.  I think Smith has a blind spot with regards to McGinn - he sees his running around but seems to miss his poor passing and lack of tracking back. 

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I am shocked that we haven't signed a CM so far.  Having to start a match with McGinn and Nakamba is very, very concerning.  Especially as it looks like Dougie and Sansom are not likely to be in the squad for 2 or 3 weeks.  I am really worried that we haven't prioritised this as we needed to strengthen in this position regardless of whether a certain player stayed or not.  I think Smith has a blind spot with regards to McGinn - he sees his running around but seems to miss his poor passing and lack of tracking back. 

Luiz would be starting today if he was around. Can see him being called back from holiday next week tbh, Richarlison is playing for Everton today for example.

Yes we do need another CM although really not convinced Ward Prowse is the answer to everything. Much better players in europe who can press and take an o.k free kick for the price we'll probably have to pay to sign him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the_eristic said:

Just go ahead and sign the outdated big dumb clogger of a DM that only kicks people. At least he'd stop us being walked through.

Nobody is suggesting that. Just someone who can read the game, win the ball back and carry it/pass it in a progressive manner. It’s been a weakness for years

• Like 1

think we'll be fine it's just been a horror show by Targett today and a few of our better players being out of shape / injured at the same time. 

If Bailey and Watkins start this game and Targett doesn't look league 2 level out of nowhere we don't lose 3-1

• Like 3