Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

23 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep. We seem to be able to scout properly these days. Out of who we have bought in the last 2 years i would say that its only 

Samatta. Jota and some goalies that havent had a positive impact . Plus Barkley 

Plus Wes and Sanson who have had long term / niggling injuries 

Martinez - number 2 keeper

Cash  - converted winger

Konsa - mid table young defender

Mings - 5th best Bournemouth centre half iaccording to Eddie Howe

Hause - couldnt get minutes at Wolves

Targett ' couldnt get minutes at Southampton

Nakamba l- untested in the premiern

luiz - 21 years old and couldnt get permit for man city

watkins - 1 season of experience as a 9 for a championship team

traore '  hated by the lyon fans

el ghazi - 1 inconsistent season for us in the championship

Thats a pretty incredible hit rate to be honest for a bunch of unproven players.

Now we are buying 30 mill players. So if we are doing the same homework as we have done over the last 2 years the risk that they will not be a success should in theory be smaller 

But don't you miss the excitement of signing MacCormack, Hogan, Lansbury, Okore, Samba and Tshibola.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RicRic said:

Guys do you prefer Emi Buendia At AMC central maybe slightly to the left just behind the strikers or at RW quite wide, id like to know where you feel he is more effective ??

I prefer him on the right, he runs himself ragged on the right and is a Fullbacks dream.

It was there for everybody to see last year how frustrated Cash sometimes got with Bertie not being anywhere nearby or in awful defensive positions and his car crash clearances across the box every other game. Buendia is one of the best defensive wingers about but then is magic in attack too. His best position is undoubtedly RW for me.

That said, I agree with others we'll see him move to a 10 quite a bit, particularly today with Watkins out, unless we start a Ramsey or Chuk, Buendia will be at the 10. I think he can do great there too, but for me it'll be a little like Guardiola moving Messi to the middle, great decision, great for the team and maybe even makes him more effective... But loses a little touch of the magic you had by having them out wide.

(FWIW, I also think we'll be likening Grealishs move to CM at City if that happens to Guardiola moving Messi and making him more effective but less exciting than on the wing)

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

Burnley in for Cornet from Lyon at £13.5m. Potentiality a very nice signing for them, can play LB or LW. Wouldn't be against us being in for him at LW or in rotation at least at that price and then playing

Cornet-Buendia-Bailey.

But unless they anticipate playing him LB I wonder if we'll be linked to McNeil again. To be honest they are desperate for more wide and attacking options so maybe not but to strengthen in the one position they have a decent option on might see us linked again

Edited by HalfTimePost

12 hours ago, RicRic said:

Bet ESR is calling his agent saying screw you, i should be at VP 😆

While I feel you on this one, it's too early to say. Saka was on the bench and no Abamayang or Lacazette. If we had Bailey on the bench and Ings and Watkins out injured, we'd also struggle. Probably wouldn't lose mind!

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Need some claret and blue tanks taking over the national Tv and Radio.

Looks like they have already flattened St Andrews. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Burnley in for Cornet from Lyon at £13.5m. Potentiality a very nice signing for them, can play LB or LW. Wouldn't be against us being in for him at LW or in rotation at least at that price and then playing

Cornet-Buendia-Bailey.

But unless they anticipate playing him LB I wonder if we'll be linked to McNeil again. To be honest they are desperate for more wide and attacking options so maybe not but to strengthen in the one position they have a decent option on might see us linked again

I can't see us being interested in McNeil. He's very left footed and we play inverted wingers usually. I think the Bailey signing covers our need for a left footed winger.