Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

@romavillanOne for you...

The gazzetta article says Roma want him after xhaka didn't come off. They say the complication is that us and arsenal are interested. The idea is Tiago Pinto (Roma's sporting director) is in London trying to get Tammy and while he's there is sorting a plan b for xhaka.

Then there's a more dodgy calciomercato.it story saying Milan want him but us and Everton this time are in for him.

No quotes in either article. I'll have a look at the printed papers tomorrow and see if it's been deemed worthy of being printed anywhere....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Long term posters will remember someone called Gazton Villa who created one of the most legendary topics ever posted on VillaTalk (during the DoL era). Memories. 

Did he Scuba dive ?

• Like 1

Guys help me out here i feel like we may have too many players because when everyone is back and fit i expect us to start with, i mean generally its healthy competition but i feel players will be unhappy, for example JPB looks a threat and we should try and give him as much minutes as possible so we should definitely include him alot this season

Martinez

Cash       Konsa       Mings     Targett

Luiz

Mcginn  

Buendia
Bailey                     Watkins
                    Ings          

Subs

1. Steer 

2. Young

3. Tuanzebe

4. Sanson

5.Chukwuemeka 

6. Maybe Doucoure/Nakamba

7. Traore 

But help me out guys im not sure if this is how we are looking to set up but of course that means no El-Ghazi, Philogene-Bidace ,Hause, Hourihane,Guilbert, Wesley

Sanson steps in for SJM

Chukwuemeka steps in for Buendia

Traore steps in for Bailey or ST 

and the rest are obvious. So we may be overloaded as all those players will miss the matchday squad, i have a feeling Nakamba will be sold and we will bring in another DM who will really push Luiz and also El-Ghazi may be off and Hourihane. So we dont need any other player it seems. But would Love and appreciate if you guys could chip in and say your piece and of course the formation set up isnt accurate but it’s similar to that so Buendia is more the deep AMC but just slightly off to the left abit 

So maybe we dont need Bernardo Silva after all 😆

Edited by RicRic

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

It will all depend on how Buendia and Bailey settle in my view.  We know our biggest problem last season was creativity and we’ve just lost a world class talent who really was the only one doing that.  So if Buendia and Bailey work, we could do really well, if they don’t we have a major problem.

I think it should be ok but it does worry me until I see them working in competitive games and likely 8-12 games into the season.  Having Ings helps greatly to take chances and growth of already established players but I worry we are still missing something to get that 60-65 point level and we are also banking on Buendia and Bailey clicking for the team straight away.

I’m optimistic but I have have my fingers and toes crossed.

Buendia should hit the ground running. Suspect it'll take a while longer for Bailey to adapt, but I'm certain they'll both come good. As always, we need to be patient. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Guys help me out here i feel like we may have too many players because when everyone is back and fit i expect us to start with, i mean generally its healthy competition but i feel players will be unhappy, for example JPB looks a threat and we should try and give him as much minutes as possible so we should definitely include him alot this season

Martinez

Cash       Konsa       Mings     Targett

Luiz

Mcginn  

Buendia
Bailey                     Watkins
                    Ings          

Subs

1. Steer 

2. Young

3. Tuanzebe

4. Sanson

5.Chukwuemeka 

6. Maybe Doucoure/Nakamba

7. Traore 

But help me out guys im not sure if this is how we are looking to set up but of course that means no El-Ghazi, Philogene-Bidace ,Hause, Hourihane,Guilbert, Wesley

Sanson steps in for SJM

Chukwuemeka steps in for Buendia

Traore steps in for Bailey or ST 

and the rest are obvious. So we may be overloaded as all those players will miss the matchday squad, i have a feeling Nakamba will be sold and we will bring in another DM who will really push Luiz and also El-Ghazi may be off and Hourihane. So we dont need any other player it seems. But would Love and appreciate if you guys could chip in and say your piece and of course the formation set up isnt accurate but it’s similar to that so Buendia is more the deep AMC but just slightly off to the left abit 

So maybe we dont need Bernardo Silva after all 😆

Unless it was changed again, a few days ago the PL announced every team gets 9 subs. (2 concussion subs)

Edited by Aston_Villan4

7 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Buendia should hit the ground running. Suspect it'll take a while longer for Bailey to adapt, but I'm certain they'll both come good. As always, we need to be patient. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dean throw him on late if we need a spark or if we are winning big to get him some game time.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I guess I should clarify just incase. 9 bench players. Not subs. The normal 3 subs but they allow 2 concussion subs now.

Ohhh okay well at least its better than nothing and its good for players thinking they have a chance 😂 we went from 5 to 9 subs quite quickly 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dean throw him on late if we need a spark or if we are winning big to get him some game time.

Yes that I certainly expect to happen, will get at least 15 mins towards the end

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Yeah like a Toni Kroos or Bernardo Silva makes us top four contenders imo but for now we are top 7 material 

A link (on Birmingham live so probably rubbish) to Anguissa, it says we were linked but now he is staying… I don’t remember us being linked in the first place

Linky

Marco Silva makes Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa claim amid Aston Villa transfer link

Fulham manager Marco Silva has thrown a summer transfer for Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa into doubt despite strong links to Aston Villa and Arsenal this window

Aston Villa have been linked with a move to sign Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa this summer, but Fulham manager Marco Silva wants to keep the Cameroon international beyond the end of the month.

The midfielder reportedly wants to leave Fulham this window amid claims two Premier League clubs are keen on landing the £25m-rated midfielder.

Edited by alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

A link (on Birmingham live so probably rubbish) to Anguissa, it says we were linked but now he is staying… I don’t remember us being linked in the first place

Linky

If we weren’t going to shell out £50m on Ward-Prowse, maybe we would spend £25m on Anguissa. Might be why we’ve switched to Doucoure for £10m.

31 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We should certainly not start with Leon Bailey tomorrow he has hardly trained, youd be bonkers to want him to start, it will be El-Ghazi and Young 

I think it may be Young and JPB. Would be harsh to put El Ghazi on his opposite wing in place of JPB, who’s been superb preseason. If anything it’s between Young and Ghazi on the left and JPB and Buendia on the right.

12 minutes ago, stegzy said:

I think it may be Young and JPB. Would be harsh to put El Ghazi on his opposite wing in place of JPB, who’s been superb preseason. If anything it’s between Young and Ghazi on the left and JPB and Buendia on the right.

See i dont think Buendia should be playing RW despite that being the position they say he is because i think we need him AMC deep behind forward line, i want speed merchants on each flank and i can see Buendia supplying greatly from that position, and we can utilise others on the flanks such as JPB , Traore and Bailey

Edited by RicRic