Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s another advantage to those teams  with quality in depth. I don’t think we’re quite ready to stop with recruitment just yet this window. 

It's not a big deal really, when they can make 5 subs will be the problem but I think the other 14 have had enough of these ******* and will block it if it co.es up again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s another advantage to those teams  with quality in depth. I don’t think we’re quite ready to stop with recruitment just yet this window. 

Did you not here what Smith said Dave?

He said we were pretty much done..

Now whether Smith is blagging it I don't know, good way to put off your competition isn't it but he did also say in same video that he doesn't discuss transfers untill they are done when questioned on JWP.

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Did you not here what Smith said Dave?

He said we were pretty much done..

Now whether Smith is blagging it I don't know, good way to put off your competition isn't it but he did also say in same video that he doesn't discuss transfers untill they are done when questioned on JWP.

He did say we’re done and to be fair he is normally quite honest and open about transfers. But he has also never been in a press conference a day before the season starts with a positive net spend. We’ve normally spent everything we can by now.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

We got 55 points last season (and that was with Grealish missing 13 games - 1/3 of the season). 

You’d think we could probably improve by 5 points to have 60 points.  60 points would get us 6th, 7th, 7th, 8th, 8th in the previous 5 seasons.

An improvement of 7 points, would give us 62 points, which would have us finishing 5th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 7th in the previous 5 seasons.

An improvement of 10 points to 65 points, would have got us 5th, 7th, 6th, 7th, 6th in the previous 5 seasons.

It will all depend on how Buendia and Bailey settle in my view.  We know our biggest problem last season was creativity and we’ve just lost a world class talent who really was the only one doing that.  So if Buendia and Bailey work, we could do really well, if they don’t we have a major problem.

I think it should be ok but it does worry me until I see them working in competitive games and likely 8-12 games into the season.  Having Ings helps greatly to take chances and growth of already established players but I worry we are still missing something to get that 60-65 point level and we are also banking on Buendia and Bailey clicking for the team straight away.

I’m optimistic but I have have my fingers and toes crossed.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It will all depend on how Buendia and Bailey settle in my view.  We know our biggest problem last season was creativity and we’ve just lost a world class talent who really was the only one doing that.  So if Buendia and Bailey work, we could do really well, if they don’t we have a major problem.

I think it should be ok but it does worry me until I see them working in competitive games and likely 8-12 games into the season.  Having Ings helps greatly to take chances and growth of already established players but I worry we are still missing something to get that 60-65 point level and we are also banking on Buendia and Bailey clicking for the team straight away.

I’m optimistic but I have have my fingers and toes crossed.

I feel we definitely need a defensive midfielder, everything else is nice to have or taking advantage of opportunities, a DCM is needed so we aren't played through so easily.