Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Hangover Numbers GIFs | Tenor

Its a lot simpler than I made it out to be lol. Here's an example.

Emi Buendia

Non penalty goals per 90-15

Shot creating Actions per 90-95

xA per 90-96

Putting those values into the formula

(15+[95+96]/2)/2=55.25. Since he's a winger round up to 60. Then divide by 10 and you get 6, his final rating.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Its a lot simpler than I made it out to be lol. Here's an example.

Emi Buendia

Non penalty goals per 90-15

Shot creating Actions-95

xA-96

Putting those values into the formula

(15+[95+96]/2)/2=55.25. Since he's a winger round up to 60. Then divide by 10 and you get 6, his final rating.

I don’t know about anyone else, but firstly my head hurts, secondly, considered working for Villa on a technical Analyst role? 

So if what deano said in the press conference about our transfer business being done is true, we have effectively spent 85-90m but are still in the green in terms of net spend.

So a summer window where we made a profit after such a huge outlay, what a rarity...

I do wonder if our business is done though tbh......

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

(non-penalty goals per 90+[xA per 90+Shot-creation actions per 90]/2)/2

The values are from fbref percentiles. Rounded up or down to the nearest ten depending on the rules below. Then divide by 10.

If non-penalty goals per 90 is higher is larger than [xA per 90+Shot-creation actions per 90]/2, round up if the player is a striker. Round down if the player is a winger/attacking midfielder. Do the opposite if non-penalty goals per 90 is higher is smaller than [xA per 90+Shot-creation actions per 90]/2.

spacer.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

(non-penalty goals per 90+[xA per 90+Shot-creation actions per 90]/2)/2

The values are from fbref percentiles. After finding a value after using the above equation, round up or down to the nearest ten depending on the rules below. Then divide by 10 for the final value.

If non-penalty goals per 90 is higher is larger than [xA per 90+Shot-creation actions per 90]/2, round up if the player is a striker. Round down if the player is a winger/attacking midfielder. Do the opposite if non-penalty goals per 90 is higher is smaller than [xA per 90+Shot-creation actions per 90]/2.

This explanation rivals VAR for simplicity.

I'd expect us to get someone else in at the very end of the window still to be fair. I reckon it's one of those that's too dependent on other clubs selling and buying to be sure of though at this point.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So if what deano said in the press conference about our transfer business being done is true, we have effectively spent 85-90m but are still in the green in terms of net spend.

So a summer window where we made a profit after such a huge outlay, what a rarity...

I do wonder if our business is done though tbh......

I can't see it. It's smart to essentially put the message out you're happy with your squad as it might stop clubs trying to overcharge too much if they think you will walk away, but after the bids for JWP and the rejected bid for the Oxford keeper I still fully expect 2 more signings. You can talk about the Smith-Rowe bids being an alternative to Bailey etc, but we haven't signed a centre mid or keeper despite officially bidding for both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

Was Buendia playing under Deano for the bulk of his career??

Nope.

Smith likes the inverted wingers - we had Traore on the right and Jack on the left.

Norwich played a different system - Bailey will be on the right, and unless he’s central Buendia will spend most of his time on the left.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b1o4nx7g5tia6or475i6

Lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Tbf even if there were players incoming I doubt Smith would give much away in a press conference.

Shsss with your sensible views, let's instead get hysterical cus we ain't signing nobody else.