Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I'm not sure if I'm getting the comparison as our best starting 3 last year were surely Grealish, Watkins and Traore. 

And now it's hard to compare as it remains to be seen how we'll line up with two strikers. 

For sure, but Watkins and Traore are still here (and am assuming we won't see AEG or Trez much now). Obvs it all depends on how these players gel, but we've upgraded AEG and Trez, and swapped Grealish for Ings - simplistic but I think we are edging it on quality this season spread more evenly. One major signing now and we are well ahead - personally I'd like JWP. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Press conference now.

Looks like no more incoming but players will be leaving before the window ends.

Tbf even if there were players incoming I doubt Smith would give much away in a press conference.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Tbf even if there were players incoming I doubt Smith would give much away in a press conference.

He was quizzed on JWP, wouldn't comment on a player contracted to another team.

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I see it as Jack was a 9 out of 10 rated player, Trez 6, AEG 6 - total 21 out of 30 attack. Now it's Ings 9, Bailey 8, Buendia 8 - a 25 out of 30 attack. Simplistic, but makes sense to me.  

If I had to rate all these players based on their attacking statistics last season.

Grealish- 9

Trez-4

AEG-6

Traore-6

Watkins-7

Ings-7

Bailey-8

Buendia(2 seasons ago)-6. But he's improved tremendously since then so to be conservative, lets give him a 7 here.

Our first team strike force last season would've been Grealish, Watkins and Traore. So combined they would've had a score of 22. If our we play Ings, Bailey, Buendia we get 22 at the minimum depending on how conservative we would want to be with Buendia's rating.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm hoping for a DM (Doucoure would do the trick) and a left winger/striker (Correa would work well - gives us options/cover etc. - or Damsgaard).

Happy for AEG and Wes to go out if we get this done.

I would send Ramsey out on loan as we would have Luiz, Sanson, SJM and Buendia competing for 2 slots in a 4-3-3 in front of a DCM. 

I was just thinking about this, looking at our first team, it’s pretty strong, how do we go up a level with it?

How and who do you have to sign to be put into the bracket of being a title challenger?

Is it now a case of adding more depth or do we need upgrades all over the pitch? 

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If I had to rate all these players based on their attacking statistics last season.

Grealish- 9

Trez-4

AEG-6

Traore-6

Watkins-7

Ings-7

Bailey-8

Buendia(2 seasons ago)-6. But he's improved tremendously since then so to be conservative, lets give him a 7 here.

Our first team strike force last season would've been Grealish, Watkins and Traore. So combined they would've had a score of 22. If our we play Ings, Bailey, Buendia we get 22 at the minimum depending on how conservative we would want to be with Buendia's rating.

Think the Norwich fans would tell you Buendia was a 10 both the last two seasons.

• Like 2

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Creating chances yes. But he scored only 1 goal the last time he was in the PL. I can't overlook that and give him a 10 for that year because of it.

You gave AEG a 6 and he scored quite a few… what’s the scoring system?

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Which bit?

Owners looking for Europe - that pretty obvious based on comments by Purslow, Smith and players.

Iwners not being happy with Dean Smith if we regress - again pretty obvious.

Improving by 7 points - seems like a doable  target.      

No chance the owners, Purslow or Smith are thinking they’d be happy with same points or position as last year.

Position is more important than points tbh - the season needs to be seen in its own context. 

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Creating chances yes. But he scored only 1 goal the last time he was in the PL. I can't overlook that and give him a 10 for that year because of it.

But you can’t knock him down to six either. Settle on eight?

23 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Press conference now.

Looks like no more incoming but players will be leaving before the window ends.

Fair enough really - if we can get someone of the requisite quality for a decent price, there's no point overpaying for the sake of it. We've got quite a few new players to bed in as it is. 

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You gave AEG a 6 and he scored quite a few… what’s the scoring system?

(non-penalty goals per 90+[xA per 90+Shot-creation actions per 90]/2)/2

The values are from fbref percentiles. After finding a value after using the above equation, round up or down to the nearest ten depending on the rules below. Then divide by 10 for the final value.

If non-penalty goals per 90 is higher is larger than [xA per 90+Shot-creation actions per 90]/2, round up if the player is a striker. Round down if the player is a winger/attacking midfielder. Do the opposite if non-penalty goals per 90 is higher is smaller than [xA per 90+Shot-creation actions per 90]/2.

Edited by Laughable Chimp