Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Had to laugh at one scene where he sent a player flying in almost Bollywood action style with a slight shove.

Looks big, strong, languid and fast.

They feed them well in the Chukwuemeka household!

• Like 2

For us to finish 7th them pretty much everything has to click 100% while at the same time at least one out of Arsenal and Spurs will have to have even worse seasons than they had last season. Can absolutely see Everton and West Ham struggling a bit while Leeds should be about the same as last season. 7th is not impossible but I don't see it this season.

More chance of us sneaking Europe through a cup or extra places if an English clubs wins in Europe imo.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Jack made us better this is undeniable. However this is doing a bit of disservice to the rest of the team too. With the new additions I think we look stronger overall on paper and more fluid since we're less reliant on one player for creativity. I think Buendia will have us asking ourselves "Jack who?" in a couple of months' time.

If Bailey is anything like his videos we may well not give a shit Jackyboy has gone even before considering the other amazing new signings. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m genuinely happy with the signing we’ve done this window and not so bothered if we don’t get any more. 

I think we’ve not just replaced Jack’s output, but we got something more. Lil Emi isn’t going to be far behind what Jack offered and on top we got a speed merchant with actual footballing abilities and one of the best strikers in the country. 

our best 11 is way stronger than last seasons… by miles!!!

Only thing is, it’s going to take time to bed these new players in and everyone to adapt to the new jackless system. 

Us the fans need some patience, we’ll come good 

If we're not 6 up by the second minute heads need to roll. That's the official VT requirement.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think if we look like finishing 10-12th then Dean Smith will get sacked.

Im pretty certain that the owners are looking for European qualification this season, so 7th as a minimum.

That means improving by 7 (?) points from last season.

Based on??

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Im pretty certain that the owners are looking for European qualification this season, so 7th as a minimum.

Looking for European qualification isn't the problem.

1 minute ago, KangarooVillan said:

Based on??

Which bit?

Owners looking for Europe - that pretty obvious based on comments by Purslow, Smith and players.

Iwners not being happy with Dean Smith if we regress - again pretty obvious.

Improving by 7 points - seems like a doable  target.      

No chance the owners, Purslow or Smith are thinking they’d be happy with same points or position as last year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Based on??

Everything the owners Smith and the players have said.

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Which bit?

Owners looking for Europe - that pretty obvious based on comments by Purslow, Smith and players.

Iwners not being happy with Dean Smith if we regress - again pretty obvious.

Improving by 7 points - seems like a doable  target.      

No chance the owners, Purslow or Smith are thinking they’d be happy with same points or position as last year.

I haven’t seen anything to suggest the owners expect Europe this season.

I think the owners want Europe as soon as possible, but nothing to indicate that if we finish 9th or 10th Smith is in trouble.

Especially considering the changes and preparation this off-season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I see it as Jack was a 9 out of 10 rated player, Trez 6, AEG 6 - total 21 out of 30 attack. Now it's Ings 9, Bailey 8, Buendia 8 - a 25 out of 30 attack. Simplistic, but makes sense to me.  

I'd have it at 22 for the first three. 9.5 Jack - I'm not sure you could find any one else to be as creative and influential, and 6.5 AEG for his goals output. 

I'd have the other three at 23.5. Ings at 8 and Bailey at 7.5. Hopefully he is more an 8.5 but hasn't played in PL yet.

So I'd have it closer, but marginally better off with new players. However the main point is how much stronger we are now than we were when Grealish was out injured. 

It was the case throughout the pitch last season. The first team player was top half premier league level, and the back up was championship level.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Image result for austin powers mole gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I see it as Jack was a 9 out of 10 rated player, Trez 6, AEG 6 - total 21 out of 30 attack. Now it's Ings 9, Bailey 8, Buendia 8 - a 25 out of 30 attack. Simplistic, but makes sense to me.  

I'm not sure if I'm getting the comparison as our best starting 3 last year were surely Grealish, Watkins and Traore. 

And now it's hard to compare as it remains to be seen how we'll line up with two strikers.