Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Well they don’t all get to play in place of Grealish. You have to drop 2 other players from last season’s 11 as well 😁

Well Barkley is one of them and Traore the other. 

I think it's better.

Saying 'we're looking for players in x or y position' would send out the wrong signals: a) to other clubs seeking to inflate prices etc. And b) to our current players who play in those positions - feeling unloved ahead of the season opener isn't good man management. 

Nothing to see here other than Dean's usual professional demeanour. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
Fat fingers
  • Like 3

There will be outgoings on loan, Dean confirmed.

Id imagine the following are available on loan:

Davis, Wesley, Hourihane and Guilbert (I think Axel will be used as cover here and Smith doesn't seem to rate him)

Bidace, Ramsay and Carney I'd expect to be kept around the bench.

do you all really think lange is sat on a beach now with his trotters up considering our business is 'done' ?

no chance...we'll continue looking for opportunities to improve the team

deano is hardly going to publicly say how desperate we are to improve the CM position and we're working around the clock on targets.

a) tells watford what we perceive as our weakest area and b) adds a few mil to any transfer targets

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

What we have essentially done is split Grealish up into 3 players instead of one. Obviously we will likely miss him and there are no guarantees Bailey, Buendia and Ings will all be successes, but the risk is spread out. All their combined threats are now spread out too which benefits us hugely if it pays off and all hit the ground running for us. Add to that that we still have our threats from last season in Watkins, AEG and Traore and I think it starts to look really good. Maybe it's only enough to add 1 or to places in the final league table or we don't really move. But I think the most important thing here is that we do not regress after the loss of arguably our best ever player. You could do a lot worse than that. I'm personally pretty optimistic and think that we will have come out of this summer stronger than last year. I still believe Sanson will surprise a lot of people and give us more solidity and tenacity in the center of the pitch. Things aren't looking too bad really imo.

I keep hearing this theory and I'm really not convinced.

Sure the skill set or more evenly spread across the team. However we are a superstar down. Those with an even skill set might not have what it takes to tilt a close game in our favour like Jack could. No complaints about the players signed - Buendia in particular looks like the best we could get a jack replacement. But don't accept we are better without Jack.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

I keep hearing this theory and I'm really not convinced.

Sure the skill set or more evenly spread across the team. However we are a superstar down. Those with an even skill set might not have what it takes to tilt a close game in our favour like Jack could. No complaints about the players signed - Buendia in particular looks like the best we could get a jack replacement. But don't accept we are better without Jack.

It's easier to mark 1 guy than 3. Maybe you're right and we haven't seen how we play without our superstar but I think you're probably being cautiously pessimistic which is alright. I'm just being cautiosly optimistic.

17 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Well they don’t all get to play in place of Grealish. You have to drop 2 other players from last season’s 11 as well 😁

Indeed.  And those two are Barkley and Traore.  

Just now, osmark86 said:

It's easier to mark 1 guy than 3. Maybe you're right and we haven't seen how we play without our superstar but I think you're probably being cautiously pessimistic which is alright. I'm just being cautiosly optimistic.

Depends on the guy.

If we have a final signing it will be  Doucoure or the guy from Fulham. Im guessing the guy from Fulham is slight favourite as we seem to be going for 'Ready to go'  players rather than development players. Kind of makes sense with all the young prospects currently on the books..

Also think we might have to shift someone out before buying again.