Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

25 minutes ago, WHY said:

He’s improved since Soucek has been at West Ham but I struggle to get the hype around him. If West Ham get anywhere near £100m for him they have done very, very well.

I agree on his improvement and I agree on 100m too

Bizarre we're arguing about a £100m fee saying 'theyll do very well to get that'. We literally just admitted that our £100m fee was because we didn't think it would be hit.

They don't want to sell him. Hence the size of the fee. It is very purposefully outlandish

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I found that very cringe, was like a drunk uncle at a wedding

Thought it was OK myself.

Have you visited the black country much? Plenty of that chat about.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The only player that prefers playing on the left in all those players you mention is el Ghazi and he’s crap. 

We still could do with another left sided player/attacking midfielder. 

Buendia - right footer = LW in smiths system. Same as JPB.

IDK why this is so difficult for people to understand. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Buendia - right footer = LW in smiths system. Same as JPB.

IDK why this is so difficult for people to understand. 

Doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense though considering Buendia played on the right or in the middle this preseason. And has usually been on the right for every other game in his career. I believe he’s only played on the left side in approximately 10% of his games throughout his career. Between Bailey and Buendia, it will most likely be Bailey move to the left.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense though considering Buendia played on the right or in the middle this preseason. And has usually been on the right for every other game in his career. I believe he’s only played on the left side in approximately 10% of his games throughout his career. Between Bailey and Buendia, it will most likely be Bailey move to the left.

Has only started 2 games in his entire senior career at left wing according to whoscored. Although they're missing his time at Getafe B.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah, Rice will be the next player that Sky orchestrates a move for. Chelsea I reckon. Then they'll turn their attention to Philips at Leeds. 

Must not have any England players playing outside of the clique. 

They tried last year. He was linked the whole time during Lampard’s tenure. Rumour was Lampard wanted him and the hierarchy were saying “Will you stop going on about Declan Rice? All our current midfielders and centre backs are better than him and you want us to spend north of 60 million on a lad we let go for free 7 years ago. Sandra, get me Thomas Tuchel’s number? This lad has lost the plot.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Assumptions
Martinez remains the same brilliant keeper
Cash, Konsa, Mings and Targett continue to improve or at least don’t go backwards
Guilbert, Taunzebe, Hause and Young, especially Young, will be satisfactory back ups for the back row.
Luiz and Nakamba continue to grow
McGinn maintains performance, Beundia and Bailey contribute significantly to the attack and the defence
Traore and El Ghazi are satisfactory wings  backups, difficult to see who we would get better to sit on the bench?  Young of course can also cover here
Bidace and Chuk are ready to be active reserves.
Watkins, Ings and perhaps Ramsey are going to be effective strikers. 
The replacements, we have, will make up for the loss of Grealish.
A lot of assumptions I know.
OK last year:
Some data
Based on just the top eleven data.
 image.png.6ddb53adc95dd071ad4f4c6529e5d4d0.png
Just ignore the forward/midfield scorer data for the moment
Essentially, they show:
•    Villa were a little bit unlucky to be pipped by Everton for tenth place
•    It seems, for half decent teams, scoring goals (at the right times) is more important than conceding them.
Basically the teams were similar in terms of conceding (Chelsea and Man City being exceptions).
•    Spurs and Arsenal in particular, scored their goals when they did not really need them. But goals are nice.
•    The same could be said of Villa; but putting seven past Liverpool when three would have done was worth it.
•    Those four ‘wasted’ goals, elsewhere, could have been an extra eight points, seventh place … just joking.
•    Sadly, the data show how far ahead Man City are: first in goals scored, leastconceded and clean sheets.
Villa in their 20/21season, for their eleventh league position, they were: 
•    Tenth in goals scored
•    Seventh in least goals conceded
•    Ninth in goal difference
•    And third in clean sheets
Overall, not bad.
Conclusions
So, what does Villa need compared to last season? More goals!
So what would I do … unless a bargain midfield goal scorer preferably in the midfield comes knocking? I would save a little for the after Christmas sales, to see how the team gels, and see how the injuries pan out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, macandally said:

I wouldn’t want him if he did, limited spoiler.  Would prefer Phillips, at least he can do something with the ball when he wins it

not sure why he's being discussed but this is the right answer

stick rice in a team that has 70% possession and you'll see him for exactly what he is and for that reason i cant see any of the real big boys going in for him bar maybe man utd needing a big look at us competing transfer, he's too limited on the ball, he's basically a much better version of nakamba, i really dont see the fuss over him, if its based on his england performance then we play defensive so he works, when we play andorra he shouldnt be anywhere near the team, we dont need him, phillips is much better suited

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Assumptions
Cash, Konsa, Mings and Targett continue to improve or at least don’t go backwards
Guilbert, Taunzebe, Hause and Young, especially Young, will be satisfactory back ups for the back row.
McGinn maintains performance, Beundia and Bailey contribute significantly to the attack and the defence
Traore and El Ghazi are satisfactory wings  backups, difficult to see who we would get better to sit on the bench?  Young of course can also cover here
OK last year:
Some data
Essentially, they show:
•    It seems, for half decent teams, scoring goals (at the right times) is more important than conceding them.
Basically the teams were similar in terms of conceding (Chelsea and Man City being exceptions).
•    Spurs and Arsenal in particular, scored their goals when they did not really need them. But goals are nice.
•    The same could be said of Villa; but putting seven past Liverpool when three would have done was worth it.
•    Those four ‘wasted’ goals, elsewhere, could have been an extra eight points, seventh place … just joking.
•    Sadly, the data show how far ahead Man City are: first in goals scored, leastconceded and clean sheets.
Overall, not bad.
Conclusions
So what would I do … unless a bargain midfield goal scorer preferably in the midfield comes knocking? I would save a little for the after Christmas sales, to see how the team gels, and see how the injuries pan out.

Becareful with the young being a satisfactory back up part hes much more than that even at his age, i think J. Ramsey needs to be sent on loan, my question is we only have one natural LW Lol everyone else is on the right, El-Ghazi must remain with us with that being said and Buendia will play in the AM position like Barkley last season, Carney to challenge there and Mcginn/Sanson of course, not sure how we are squeezing Ings and Watkins together but i have a slight idea. Bailey would be deployed at RW and we need him in his strongest position hes going to be one of our most dangerous weapons

Edited by RicRic

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Assumptions
OK last year:
Some data
Essentially, they show:
Overall, not bad.
Conclusions

so what would I do....make sure the formidable forward line is fed with the ball....not necessarily a goal scoring midfielder.....We have the firepower, we need them fed and not have to keep coming back to look for the ball.

A player who can dominate the ball and start sorties.

• Like 1