Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Thierry Small, the youth Left Back at Everton, has left the club today.

I would expect us to make a strong play for him (whichever Club he goes to will have to pay compensation to Everton).

16 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Could be wrong, but don't think there will be any more big money signings and not sure there will be many more of any kind, simply because there isn't much room left in the 25 man squad we have to name soon. Might change if we sell someone unexpectedly, but I reckon Docoure (if he comes), might be the last.  

I think we have 23 currently including Hourihane who I'd expect to go,  it also includes Jacob Ramsey who is under the age of 21 so doesn't count within the squad of 25.

So I make it we've 21 in the squad excluding Hourihane and Ramsey so plenty of space.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I think we have 23 currently including Hourihane who I'd expect to go,  it also includes Jacob Ramsey who is under the age of 21 so doesn't count within the squad of 25.

So I make it we've 21 in the squad excluding Hourihane and Ramsey so plenty of space.

We wont need 25 not being in Europe!

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Idrissa Gueye is available?

What say we?!

I'm for it too because he owes me a quid from when I was delivering Pizza's in 4 oaks. Clark tipped me a tenner and old scowl face (Ayew) tipped me £20quid.

Oh yeah big spenders.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'm for it too because he owes me a quid from when I was delivering Pizza's in 4 oaks. Clark tipped me a tenner and old scowl face (Ayew) tipped me £20quid.

Oh yeah big spenders.

So Ayews actually not a prick then haha. Solid!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Who is in your 25?

43 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Guessing this Small is a good player then?

17yo left back, from the Midlands. Bryan Small's nephew

Already played for the Everton first team, as a 16yo

I’d be happy with us getting Doucoure as backup/ competition to Nakamba as DMC and playing a midfield 3 with Nak/Douc deep and Mcginn/ Luiz one side and Sansom/ Buendia/ Chuk other side and 3 up top out of Bailey/ Ings/ Buendia/ Watkins and Traore (with El Ghaz and JPB as backups).

We need to plan for departures next summer too, ideally we need to bed in squad players who will step up into greater responsibility if they go. 

We have to accept that we will lose players again, and that’s ok and won’t cripple us, it’s built into the model (both middling and our very best players) but we need to have a bigger squad, it would also be great to be more competitive across all competitions this season.

If we falter, or if they have outstanding seasons we might have pressure on any of Konsa, Mings, Watkins, Martinez, Buendia, Bailey if they perform, in fact it might then suit us to sell. We need the bigger squad to ensure we spread the load.

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolutely. 

I think the club knows this though, especially as Buendia was brought in to play with Grealish. Ings and Bailey alone are not enough to replace Jack. They need another baller out on the left or through the middle depending where Bailey and Buendia play. 

Absolutely yes but i dont think the club see it this way as they made the statement to say we have replaced Grealish with three players.. bizarre enough but they will probably start the season comfortable with what we have.

• Like 1

Just read the tweet linking us to Doucoure.  The lens fans saying £10m will only get us one of his legs. Based on that and the 2 minute YouTube vid I just watched, we should get him signed, he looks superb. 

Edited by The Other Mat