Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

When does the window creak shut? Is it prior to the first game now or is it still September 1st?

11pm August 31st according to Google.  Still a while yet so I think we have the potential for one more big signing that's a bit tougher to get over the line.

There are a lot of things pointing to the possibility of him joining us, local, Bryan Small connection, he was previously with West Brom so those running our academy will have worked and helped develop him, and we need a left back for the U23s. But he has also been linked to a lot of other teams including Man Utd and Bayern Munich so we will have to see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yes Mr Thug but.....

He has a wand of left foot.....

:trollface:

I know you jest, but you actually make a very good point.  We missed that left foot in set pieces.

Hopefully with Bailey coming in, we can finally stop worrying about that 

You know what, I don't think we should sign Doucoure or Sarr, I think we should sign both.

Play both of them screening the back 4, and then just let Watkins, Buendia, Bailey and Ings do whatever the hell they like. :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

You know what, I don't think we should sign Doucoure or Sarr, I think we should sign both.

Play both of them screening the back 4, and then just let Watkins, Buendia, Bailey and Ings do whatever the hell they like. :D 

Lot of money though. Signing both would cost close on £40m in fees - then there's wages over the course of a 4 year contract.

Sarr looks the better bet imo - but he is very young and likely to be treble the cost. 

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Would we be happy with Danjuma coming in as our left sided attacker? Couple of press stories linking us but nothing concrete.

17 goals and 7 assists in 34 Championship games last season. If the price is right and around the £15m mark he’s a no brainer for me. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Lot of money though. Signing both would cost close on £40m in fees - then there's wages over the course of a 4 year contract.

Sarr looks the better bet imo - but he is very young and likely to be treble the cost. 

I don't think that's too bad for 2 highly rated players. If one of them exceeds expectations we could probably sell one and turn a profit on both of them. 

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’d give our window a 7 so far, we’ve been move active than most but the departure of Grealish means that was essential.

I’m not at all concerned at this stage, I’ve total fair in those running the club, they’ve not let us down yet.

It is hard to be sure what we need as we can’t be sure what formation we are looking to go with yet.

In my view we need the following:

GK - 3rd choice

LB - I know Young will cover at LB but we really should have a young up and coming option 

CM x 2 - I think we need in the middle of the park, a ball player and a destroyer with more mobility and better distribution than Nakamba 

If we could add 4 players with the right level of quality I think we would be in good shape.

As for departutes, I think Hourihane will go once we have another CM through the door. Beyond that I can’t really see any other than loans, I can see 3 or 4 going out before the end of the window as EFL clubs make late moves.

Agreed on central midfield especially. But with SJM, Sanson, Luiz, Nakamba and Ramsey as our first team options for next season, do you think we’d have to move on at least one of them to make room for 2 more as that would be 7 centre mids?

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Idrissa Gueye is available?

What say we?!

I would. 

Does he not hate us though cos of his experiences when he was last here?

5 hours ago, Awol said:

It was all really simple until we signed Ings:   

Bailey——Ollie——Buendia

Done. 

But we haven’t dropped £30m on Ings for the bench, he doesn’t operate as a lone striker and Watkins won’t be dropped anyway, so for me Buendia moves to AM behind a 3 of Ollie — Ings— Bailey.

Attacking AF so having lots of CMs to rotate is a good thing - they’ll be working hard!! 

I am not sure why this is so complicated, Ollie-Ings-Bailey in a 4-3-3 with all playing as inside forwards (NOT wingers) 

Behind, two 8’s (take your pick) and a holding 6 (Nakamba or new signing?)

There is flex but not sure how people are getting so confused by this?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Agreed on central midfield especially. But with SJM, Sanson, Luiz, Nakamba and Ramsey as our first team options for next season, do you think we’d have to move on at least one of them to make room for 2 more as that would be 7 centre mids?

For me I think Ramsey needs a loan.

I like Nakamba but if we could sign better he could be a casualty while its early days at this stage but I’m unsure about Sanson.

5 hours ago, Awol said:

It was all really simple until we signed Ings:   

Bailey——Ollie——Buendia

Done. 

But we haven’t dropped £30m on Ings for the bench, he doesn’t operate as a lone striker and Watkins won’t be dropped anyway, so for me Buendia moves to AM behind a 3 of Ollie — Ings— Bailey.

Attacking AF so having lots of CMs to rotate is a good thing - they’ll be working hard!! 

I agree.

Slavia Prague out of the CL, wonder if they'll try and cash in on Abdallah Sima now. Not sure a RW/CF is a priority for us anymore thou. Read that the Czech guys at West Ham where pushing for them to sign him and Adam Hložek

41 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’d give our window a 7 so far, we’ve been move active than most but the departure of Grealish means that was essential.

I’m not at all concerned at this stage, I’ve total faith in those running the club, they’ve not let us down yet.

It is hard to be sure what we need as we can’t be sure what formation we are looking to go with yet.

But in my view we need the following:

GK - 3rd choice

LB - I know Young will cover at LB but we really should have a young up and coming option 

CM x 2 - I think we need in the middle of the park, a ball player and a destroyer with more mobility and better distribution than Nakamba 

If we could add 4 players with the right level of quality I think we would be in good shape.

As for departutes, I think Hourihane will go once we have another CM through the door. Beyond that I can’t really see any other than loans, I can see 3 or 4 going out before the end of the window as EFL clubs make late moves.

Could be wrong, but don't think there will be any more big money signings and not sure there will be many more of any kind, simply because there isn't much room left in the 25 man squad we have to name soon. Might change if we sell someone unexpectedly, but I reckon Docoure (if he comes), might be the last.  

• Like 2