Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

47 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd be very surprised if he went to a club that didn't have European football on offer.

Play in the best league in the world or play on a Thursday night in the back arse of nowhere. Unless you get to a QF or SF of either the CL or the EL you most probably aren’t going to play a team that gets anywhere near the quality of teams in the PL imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shay said:

Martinez

Konsa          Mings

Cash                  Luiz              Targett

SJM /JWP           Buendia

Bailey              Ings           Watkins

ala Real Madrid 2013-14 Champions League and Copa del Rey winners.

Not sure about Martinez as a lone striker, the rest looks good though. 

Edited by alf_stewart
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Play in the best league in the world or play on a Thursday night in the back arse of nowhere. Unless you get to a QF or SF of either the CL or the EL you most probably aren’t going to play a team that gets anywhere near the quality of teams in the PL imo.

Don't say that. They spend millions telling us how exciting and spectacular it is.

Whenever I watch it (which isn't often) it just totally drab and meaningless.

28 minutes ago, WHY said:

1 season out of 6, yeah let’s sign this world beater! 

every loan he's had has been a success. heerenveen, vitesse, sociedad. even at arsenal (where people said he struggled to make an impact) he won fans player of the month in march.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Maybe this is the “hard to get, strong central midfielder”or whatever description was used? Would be quite the signing.

If we signed Odegaard I can guarantee two things: 

1) I’ve no idea what our team is meant to look like. 

2) Large mushroom clouds over North London and Francophone Africa as the Arsenal fan base spontaneously combusts. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

every loan he's had has been a success. heerenveen, vitesse, sociedad. even at arsenal (where people said he struggled to make an impact) he won fans player of the month in march.

He will be starting in a bang average Real Madrid team then, I’m not saying he’s a bad player but the OP said he was out of reach. I’m just pointing out he isn’t. Oh and for the record Arsenal played 1 league game in March.