Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

17 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Good point: I think I'm probably putting the rules that govern football on a pedestal tbh.

We use the phrase tapping up, but it's actually remarkably difficult to do. 

I said its easy to do. Its difficult to catch and prove people did it ?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Maybe this is the “hard to get, strong central midfielder”or whatever description was used? Would be quite the signing.

I think he's probably a little out of our reach, right now. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Maybe this is the “hard to get, strong central midfielder”or whatever description was used? Would be quite the signing.

But he is an attacking midfielder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

It was all really simple until we signed Ings:   

Bailey——Ollie——Buendia

Done. 

But we haven’t dropped £30m on Ings for the bench, he doesn’t operate as a lone striker and Watkins won’t be dropped anyway, so for me Buendia moves to AM behind a 3 of Ollie — Ings— Bailey.

Attacking AF so having lots of CMs to rotate is a good thing - they’ll be working hard!! 

Martinez

Konsa          Mings

Cash                  Luiz              Targett

SJM /JWP           Buendia

Bailey              Ings           Watkins

ala Real Madrid 2013-14 Champions League and Copa del Rey winners.

Edited by Shay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shay said:

Word is Radja Nainggolan has terminated his contract with Inter Milan. Should we be in for him? Used to be a top top midfielder. Still is to me anyway. Could be our Cambiasso. Calling agent Young…

No way should we be touching any player for whom you can't create a chant for ..... we are bigger than that ...... and as for Chukwuemeka ........... 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, matteyp said:

Fastest I did was 1 hour 5 minutes from memory, house to house.  There's more speed cameras now but there's also the M6 Toll which couldn't be much closer to Bodymoor Heath.  If Axel lives in Cheshire like a fair few footballers, the commute might be quite acceptable for him.  Fours hours in a car daily sounded high to me but, whatever it is, he must feel comfortable with the situation.  I didn't disagree with the general gist of your original post though, it does seem a slightly surprising move to move to be a back-up.  

When I lived in Salford Quays, it would take me 1hr 30 - 1hr 45 to get to Sutton Coldfiel.  Sometimes 2hrs plus depending on traffic.  

But Yh, Cheshire to Bodymoor might be a little bit closer.  

Google maps reckons 1hr 30, so Yh probably knock off 15 minutes if you speed, so Yh I probably overestimated.

3 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

No way should we be touching any player for whom you can't create a chant for ..... we are bigger than that ...... and as for Chukwuemeka ........... 

Naing, Naing, Naingolannnn - I'm begging of you please don't take my man 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think he's probably a little out of our reach, right now. 

Couldn’t disagree more, no way is he out of our reach. He’s hardly set the world alight wherever he has been on loan. In fact he should think himself lucky a club like us would be in for him. Only my opinion of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Couldn’t disagree more, no way is he out of our reach. He’s hardly set the world alight wherever he has been on loan. In fact he should think himself lucky a club like us would be in for him. Only my opinion of course.

I'd be very surprised if he went to a club that didn't have European football on offer.

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

he was excellent at real sociedad 🤨

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Oh man, we can't break Arsenal hearts for a third time! 

• Haha 1