Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

13 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Think it was lazy clickbait. Anyway Liverpool aren’t going to win anything, so I’m not sure why he’d want to move.

It would be great if someone could call some of these publications out for blatant fabrication. Media (and the world) would be much better if total falsehoods were prosecuted.

I would be really disappointed if Ollie left.....Despite my excitement at signing Danny.

I hope there is no more release clauses.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Club can’t make big losses every year.

I agree with you, but someone a few pages back ( Or in the FFP thread ) did some kind of fancy Accounting/FFP Analysis ( Of which I understand nothing ) intimating that it would actually be better for us to spend a chunk of the money NOW, instead of in the next seasons. Due to some kind of revolving accounting which would see our loss as 100 million in year 3, or something like that.

Logically to me, it makes no sense, but I know accounting is a strange thing... so,

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Regarding the spend, haven't we got £100m for Greedlish (Purslow's saying, not mine) and spent that amount on Buendia (40m), Ings (30m) and Bailey (30m)? Take those 4 deals out of the equation, surely we would have spent anyway this summer? I'd have expected a spend of around 70 to 80 million. Not saying we'll do that now but I'd expect us to spend up to half of that if we still feel we can improve the team/squad.

One thing I've noticed is this; we bought players in positions we thought we would.

Needed a left back to cover Targett and got in Young. 

Needed a centre back to replace Engels and we got in Tuanzebe. 

Needed the three elements the coaching staff we needed to replace by losing Greedlish and we got in Buendia, Bailey and Ings. 

There are two positions that stand out. We were linked early in the window with a new keeper to cover Emi and a new defensive midfielder with the first linked being Sander Berge.

If they use Sinisalo as third choice, they may think Steer deserves chance to be the back-up to Emi. 

That leaves us needing the first target we set our sights on, a defensive midfielder. Luiz was left out at times last season and replaced by Nakamba. If Nakamba is injured or suspended who would play there if they felt they needed steel for that game? I think they'll still buy someone to fill that position. Question is, do they go all in and spend a packet on one that will then start from the beginning? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Club can’t make big losses every year.

I think there will be a settling down period ,probably next season.

This season is a bit unusual for the following reasons

• Jack Leaving and a £100 mill injection
  • Finishing 11th
  • We are still in transition ,in terms of quality.

The owners always said they would spend when we established our selves in the division.

The kids developing will also slow down the heavy spending, in theory......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rossco76 said:

Andre-Frank-Zambo-Anguissa-Stats-FBref-com.png

Just on this, probably helps being in a shite team with regards defensive stats. If you dont have the ball theres going to be a lot more defensive actions. I wonder what Kante's numbers for example are like compared to him. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon Anymore signings will be near or on deadline day now. Only way the club won’t get fleeced 

We'll get fleeced if we try and buy PL players. I think we would be in a strong negotiating position if we signed players from France, Germany or Italy as some teams will need the money.

• Like 3

Hope we bring one or two players more in but I hope we will be patient and walk away from deals that will be too expensive even if we have room according to FFP. Strenghten the club successively.

Clubs struggling with finances after Covid will maybe be desperate to sell in two weeks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon Anymore signings will be near or on deadline day now. Only way the club won’t get fleeced 

yeah i'm wondering the same. just hang on for any opportunities like sanson

JWP rumours have gone quiet...something tells me southampton asked for something silly like 70m

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah i'm wondering the same. just hang on for any opportunities like sanson

JWP rumours have gone quiet...something tells me southampton asked for something silly like 70m

is there a release clause 😜

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah i'm wondering the same. just hang on for any opportunities like sanson*

Sell him and they are most probably relegated - thats like £150m in TV money ! - I don't see him moving this window

*Seriously ? - you want another Morgan Sanson ? - Give Micah a call !! 😅

Edited by hippo

Just now, hippo said:

Sell him and they are most probably relegated - thats like £150m in TV money ! - I don't see him moving this window

they'll struggle but they'll stay up if they sold him. there would still be 3 worse teams than them

with ings, they moved swiftly for his replacement because presumably they knew there was a big chance of him leaving therefore they had the plan in place to get armstrong. guarantee they've never drawn up a shortlist of JWP replacements

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

No. I said they are international players which means they are already at a certain level, it didn’t imply that’s why they should be playing for villa. I also said one had CL experience and another is performing at a high level in back to back big tournaments.

Why people want to continue to piece meal what I stated is beyond me, although not surprising.

Great, well i am a "certain level" whats that got to do with being a good enough CM for villa.

In your original post you put up some parameters to infer certain players where good enough to play for Villa. However if a player is an International or a Champions league player, or has played in games against very talented players that does not automatically deem them good enough to play for Villa. 

15 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Hope we bring one or two players more in but I hope we will be patient and walk away from deals that will be too expensive even if we have room according to FFP. Strenghten the club successively.

Clubs struggling with finances after Covid will maybe be desperate to sell in two weeks. 

Reading around forums and social media we’ve offered €18M for Sarr and Metz want €22M. Pretty small beer in transfer terms but an example of refusing to bend over - if they don’t flinch I hope we pay up anyway later in the window!

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree with you, but someone a few pages back ( Or in the FFP thread ) did some kind of fancy Accounting/FFP Analysis ( Of which I understand nothing ) intimating that it would actually be better for us to spend a chunk of the money NOW, instead of in the next seasons. Due to some kind of revolving accounting which would see our loss as 100 million in year 3, or something like that.

Logically to me, it makes no sense, but I know accounting is a strange thing... so,

I’ve no clue on FFP either, but if that is the case it seems like a good time to bring in a few younger lads for development and longer term integration into the squad.

Doucoure and Sarr both seem to have huge potential, so for €15M and €22M fees I’d view them as shrewd investments we’re unlikely to lose money on. 

We can (probably will) move on Conor and Anwar this summer, with Marv and whichever current youth they don’t to keep next summer. 

A little bit of speculate to accumulate in terms of squad quality and financial gain is sensible while we have the chance. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I think our next moves will be outgoings - AEG, Connor

i'm not convinced conor is going anywhere unless we bring in another CM

say what you want about him, but i prefer him to ramsey

plus with luiz on holiday for a few weeks and sanson still not training, we're actually thin on the ground in that position. he'll definitely be at least on the bench saturday

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Depends who is the more desperate/in need party.  Teams generally overpay more towards the closer the window shuts.

In terms of the JWP, neither club seems desperate....I assume we want him and they dont want to sell him so in a stand off mode.  They have the money from Ings and we have money in our pocket from Grealish.  If we want him seriously then we may get fleeced, if they end up needing the money they may take what we offer.  I think the deadline only tips the hand of the more desperate party in a transaction. In fact if we come in the last minute they might not sell anyway because they dont have time to replace and sometimes that is worth more than the money.