Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

He really could be the final piece of the jigsaw. 

He’d be worth every penny. 

Might as well go looking for the next Bissouma because Man City will be buying him to replace Fernandinho next summer. 

18 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Yes he is possibly beyond us now. Brighton paid £15m for him three years ago and he is probably now worth 4x that! We need to target the new Bissouma and develop him. 

Whilst I don’t disagree with what you’ve said, Bissuma would be a signing for now and as you say it has taken about 3 years to get him to his current standard.

The advantage of him is we get those development years if we buy him. The downside is of course we have to pay for those years. However say we have to pay £50+ million for him, as opposed to £15/20m for a younger prospect, that’s about £30/40 million more. Over 3 years that’s around £12m a year and at a greatly reduced risk than a young prospect. 

We’ve got a decent development program but a here and now player could greatly benefit us. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I don’t disagree with what you’ve said, Bissuma would be a signing for now and as you say it has taken about 3 years to get him to his current standard.

The advantage of him is we get those development years if we buy him. The downside is of course we have to pay for those years. However say we have to pay £50+ million for him, as opposed to £15/20m for a younger prospect, that’s about £30/40 million more. Over 3 years that’s around £12m a year and at a greatly reduced risk than a young prospect. 

We’ve got a decent development program but a here and now player could greatly benefit us. 

Yes. If we buy Bissouma we should also sign his potential replacement too unless we have the right on coming through. But right now you're bang on Dave, we need ready made.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Yes he is possibly beyond us now. Brighton paid £15m for him three years ago and he is probably now worth 4x that! We need to target the new Bissouma and develop him. 

Not beyond Villa at all. Not sure but I think he has only two years left on his contract at Brighton and can’t see him signing a new one. Furthermore I don’t see any of the top four going in for him as they don’t need him.

However could see West Ham going in for him if they lose Rice to Chelsea and that would really piss me off as Villa have the money now to buy Bissouma who would immediately improve Villa’s midfield and is exactly what Villa need. 

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Boubacar Kamara - 21 and a fantastic player already, also touted to have a high high ceiling. Probably available for around £25m-£30m   

Was linked with Newcastle for £15m

Woild love him, we must know about him too due to scouting sanson 

46 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Why do people think Guilbert will be sold? If he goes we will have no back up for right back. Yes we have Young, Konsa and Tuanzebe who can play there but surely we want two players for each position?

Because he's barely played a game for us.

Because Smith played Elmo ahead of him 

Because Smith purchased a player for £16m in his position.

There's 3 reasons for starters. In his defence lots of the fans seem to like him.

Boubacar would be someone we'd be looking at to make an impact straight away. A developmental signing would be more someone like Cheick Doucouré, who from the descriptions I've read is more like Bissouma in terms of style of play.

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Also an other bargain from the French league 

Houssem Aouar - 23 Brilliant and another one with a high high ceiling. Apparently Lyon want just £25m for him  

Cannot understand if we at least don’t try and get him in … We may have enquired already but seems odd at those figures not to be interested. Covers AM/LW/CM right age but attitude & temperament ? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Also an other bargain from the French league 

Houssem Aouar - 23 Brilliant and another one with a high high ceiling. Apparently Lyon want just £25m for him  

Isnt his agent Raiola? (or however its spelt).

Prob one of the reasons he hasnt moved yet, might look like a good deal, until you factor in contract demands and the Raiola "fee".

I am still concerned about our inability to create chances. I saw a stat on MOTD saying we had 2 shots on target, which I assume are the Ings goal and Mings’ header that hit Lascelles’ arm for the penalty.

Its great that we look dangerous from set pieces, but we lack something in midfield in terms of creativity. We’ve got a lot of box to box midfielders who run and run, but don’t unlock defences. No idea what the answer is. Maybe it’ll change when we have Bailey in the team and Buendia settles in a bit more, but I’m not sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Isnt his agent Raiola? (or however its spelt).

Prob one of the reasons he hasnt moved yet, might look like a good deal, until you factor in contract demands and the Raiola "fee".

Nah he.s got Wassermann or Wesserman or something like that. US agency

Edit: Quick google and it looks like an agency we should try and friends with :D  They have Reyna, McKennie, Valverde, (Aouar) and a bunch of other interesting players as well as our own Tyrone Mings.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

cheap Left Winger option from the French league
Jeremy Doku - 19 and already in the Belgium team. looked great at the euros 

Cheap?  Rennes paid £20 million+ for him last year. If he shows the same quality this year as he did in the Euros you aren't getting him for less than £40 million. 

17 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I am still concerned about our inability to create chances. I saw a stat on MOTD saying we had 2 shots on target, which I assume are the Ings goal and Mings’ header that hit Lascelles’ arm for the penalty.

Its great that we look dangerous from set pieces, but we lack something in midfield in terms of creativity. We’ve got a lot of box to box midfielders who run and run, but don’t unlock defences. No idea what the answer is. Maybe it’ll change when we have Bailey in the team and Buendia settles in a bit more, but I’m not sure.

Yesterday, Buendia was the only real creative player we had. 

But then when you think we're missing Traore, Bailey and Watkins I'm not too concerned. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Cheap?  Rennes paid £20 million+ for him last year. If he shows the same quality this year as he did in the Euros you aren't getting him for less than £40 million. 

Ligue 1 is F***ed financially and Rennes is one of the sufferers, so they're likely to sell at a reasonable price  £40m aint too bad with his potential