Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

On 14/08/2021 at 20:57, MrBlack said:

I don't get the point in saying we're not after anyone else. The second we approach a club about a player, they know we're after them.

The only reason that could end up being a lie is to raise the fans spirits higher if we do sign someone.

If its not a lie, I think we're going to about match last season... so 8th/9th if we get lucky with injuries,  which so far we have not, or 11th if we don't. 

It says to them we're happy with what we've got.  Yes we would like their player but we can take him or leave him so aren't going to overpay.  Take our offer or we'll just walk away because we're happy with what we have.  No one is going to hold us to ransom just because we're flush. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It says to them we're happy with what we've got.  Yes we would like their player but we can take him or leave him so aren't going to overpay.  Take our offer or we'll just walk away because we're happy with what we have.  No one is going to hold us to ransom just because we're flush. 

This 

3 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I’m going to throw one out there - I’d like us to sign Lingaard.

Him and a DM and we’d be sorted. 

If we could get the one that wet spam had last season I’m in 

9 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I’m going to throw one out there - I’d like us to sign Lingaard.

Him and a DM and we’d be sorted. 

5 minutes ago, Chine said:

If we could get the one that wet spam had last season I’m in 

Yep if we cannot nail down our top targets then I think we may throw a curveball and snap up someone like that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

The human brain generally skews to extrapolating short term patterns. Statistically there’s absolutely no reason to use a couple of data points to make long run conclusions. The theory is that this kind of behavior was probably an advantage to our ancestors. Lion tries to kill you, be afraid of lions forever (I’m still afraid of Hercules to this day). Anyhow, there’s a great book on this called Thinking Fast, Thinking Slow.

Point being - we’re generally wired up to take small amounts of info and make big wide ranging conclusions that we really shouldn’t be when applied to modern (non sub Saharan African) life. In other words, I should stop getting annoyed with all these one result pessimists because they are just acting in line with their genetics. Funny enough though, I can’t haha.

Is it by Daniel Kahnemen?

• Like 1

I know he's full of it but this thread is depressing at the minute, so some speculation:

Whispers saying GK, DM and an Attacking Mid being worked on. Hourihane, Wesley, Guilbert being moved on and 3 youth team players going (I assume he means on loan).

Also says 'loudest in the room is the weakest'. I can only assume he means Southampton constantly shouting about how JWP isn't moving from CEO to Manager. 

Like I said, it's speculation, I don't believe it as I can't believe we've watched that and listed GK in our top 3 needs. If he does mean Southampton I think we're wasting our time on JWP and we can't mess about like we did with ESR now and waste the window. So, I think and hope he's full of it.3 new U23 loans would be handy though (Bogarde, Ramsey and Young for me, maybe Sinisalo)

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I hope the people losing their shit over this one loss also thought we were going to win the league last season after our 3rd win in a row which happened to be a 7-2 drubbing of the champions. You know, for consistency.

I still think we can win the League. Especially when Gresford starts for us again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Well. They've made well publicised bids for ESR and JWP. Frankly I'm amazed anyone would think we're NOT trying to sign anyone else. 

Managers and owners talk shit.  Pep said they couldn't afford to but Grealish.  I can't believe how people hang onto their words. 

To be fair that was 2019-20, It’s been 3 windows now since that. 
So he might not been able to afford him back then.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I hope the people losing their shit over this one loss also thought we were going to win the league last season after our 3rd win in a row which happened to be a 7-2 drubbing of the champions. You know, for consistency.

To be honest it’s not about the loss. It’s about the lack of performance consistency without Jack for the last 3 season. Until that’s changed, everyone should worry after each bad performance until we perform good consistently.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

To be honest it’s not about the loss. It’s about the lack of performance consistency without Jack for the last 3 season. Until that’s changed, everyone should worry after each bad performance until we perform good consistently.

Very small sample size though. He was also our best player, and we didn't have Bailey and Buendia to step in when he was injured. I think this is a clean slate, and I believe our poor performance is down to a number of other factors. 

• Like 4