Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why are we in large linked with English guys?

am I right to believe the continental leagues are strapped for cash.. in particular the french league. 

why we not getting bargains there, Instead of paying the English player premium?

75% of our signings are an Argentinian, a Jamaican and a free transfer pal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

It would be very interesting to hear Dean's views on Grealish leaving. 

Like others, I think he may well be relieved too. No more golden boy taking all the plaudits. Dean seems a more grounded person too so I wouldn't be surprised if all the showman stuff with Grealish got to Dean. Reminds me of when my uncle, who for years has moaned about Jack slowing our play down too often and allowing teams time to get back into position. I would imagine that would do a manager's head in. 

If we look at what Grealish has done, does anyone think Dean would leave us like that if England came calling or one of the so-called big 6? Personally, I don't think so. 

You have touched on something, I have been aware of for some time....but just went with the flow of Jack being Jack and taking the rough with the smooth.

When Christian Purslow talks about 3 players sharing Jacks talent, it highlights the clubs awareness too.....This deal is a win/win for me, I just can't see past it being good for Jack and for Aston Villa.

we're all a bit raw right now, but in the fullness of time, I think it will prove to be a watershed moment for us.....We are going to be a team much harder to stop, much harder to negate, much harder to beat.

We have introduced lightning pace - clinical finishing- and a playmaker with many attributes Jack has.

I foresee us getting the ball forward to the front men ,much quicker.....that pace will open up new opportunities and outside Harry Kane, probably the best striker in the Division....He has vision, he is clinical and " Oven Ready"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sne said:

Yeah it's an issue, would likely be at least twice as expensive thou.

True but time is of the essence, if we come out the gates fast, momentum builds and we now have the players to punish anyone. I want top 4.

See the source image

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

am I right to believe the continental leagues are strapped for cash.. in particular the french league. 

why we not getting bargains there, Instead of paying the English player premium?

Because we covet what we see every day?

Silence Of The Lambs GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

YES!!! It drives me mad.

It does feel at this moment in time that the best value for money would come from Spain, Italy, France and Germany. But I can also totally understand why we're looking to buy players who have experience in this league already. Having players who can "hit the ground running" is vitally important. At the end of the day, it's not my money, so if the club feel that the best thing for this season going forward is to sign players who know the league already, then I'm happy for them to get on with it.

Willock would be an interesting signing. Not sure we need him but I think he's a good player. Still very young too. 

Edited by PieFacE

48 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Key word “linked”, pal

I don't think the media have the slightest clue who we're targeting unless it's leaked to them by agents. As you say we have been linked to lots of English players with little credibility in most of them meanwhile we managed to agree a fee, personal terms and complete a medical for Ings without a whisper.

So I think the answer to your question is just journalistic laziness.

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I don't think the media have the slightest clue who we're targeting unless it's leaked to them by agents. As you say we have been linked to lots of English players with little credibility in most of them meanwhile we managed to agree a fee, personal terms and complete a medical for Ings without a whisper.

So I think the answer to your question is just journalistic laziness.

tenor.gif

I Just want to get excited by new names and youtube videos 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I believe that Smith explicitly stated that we will be looking for players with PL experience/English players at the beginning of the summer. So coupled with the fact that we have brought in mainly English or English based players (apart from Bailey, who I think even has English heritage?), the journos probably just run with it.

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I think Willock looks like a terrific player with time on his side to get better. Whether he's what we need is another matter. I'd guess he is an alternative to JWP. 

I thought Willock was more of a CAM? I'd like Willock but if he cones in I still think you need another deeper midfielder

Not alot spent in Europe this season , Inter who won Serie A are 50mil up in sales for example. I think we may well end up waiting till late in the window when clubs get more desperate to make further signings . I also think they is going to be alot of loans going on as that all clubs will be able to afford.

I do wonder if we do make some signings they will be like the one's we have made so far or we go for the exciting big name bums on seats / shirt selling player 

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I do wonder if we do make some signings they will be like the one's we have made so far or we go for the exciting big name bums on seats / shirt selling player 

Is Bailey not a bums on seat type player or Buendia?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I thought Willock was more of a CAM? I'd like Willock but if he cones in I still think you need another deeper midfielder

From when I've seen Willock he is a box to box 8, good in possession, athletic and with an eye for the late run into the box. Bit of a Lampard if you will. JWP is also box to box but can play a bit deeper as well. 

I'd agree we need a deeper midfield player too. 

Like I said I think Willock does look really good but I worry a bit about who creates the chances in our side. We are taking an awful lots of chances out the team with losing Jack. Yes that can be shared between Buendia and Bailey but if either gets injured Traore and El Ghazi are not chance creators and we are back to last year all over again. 

Maybe we'll buy another AM/LW too its tough to know how big we are going this summer yet. We've got the cash but now sure how many new faces we'll add all at once. 

Biggest negative of Willock is it'd give Arsenal £25m to stick towards Maddison, Aour etc but I guess either if not us Newcastle will give that to them anyway. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2