Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and me

i think the only position we need a sure fire hit can play in the opening game is a central midfielder

the other positions such as another wide man, striker, CB etc i think we can take risks with as they'll only be back ups

id love it if we unearthed the next konsa 

I’d like us to continue with the “Bailey model”. 

Amazing value for such a highly rated young player who has been followed by the top clubs.

I hope these are the kind of signings we continue to make… genuinely talented players with great output/contribution that are likely to become real stars…

Plenty of envious comments and glances, shock that we’ve managed to sign such a player. So let’s continue 😆

We will promote from within and go with Bailey.

We won't be buying players now, at least not prized assets. We'd have our pants pulled down on the fee and the player's reps would be demanding silly wages.
Let's not be that club.

Let's just be smart. It's not glamorous and it's not what fans want to see but take the hit for the season and get our business lined up back end of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

We will promote from within and go with Bailey.

We won't be buying players now, at least not prized assets. We'd have our pants pulled down on the fee and the player's reps would be demanding silly wages.
Let's not be that club.

Let's just be smart. It's not glamorous and it's not what fans want to see but take the hit for the season and get our business lined up back end of the season.

Why wouldn't it happen the same next season? Clubs won't forget we have £100 million in the bank 

I think it's been obvious this was going to happen and the club have plans for it. I don't think we will all of a sudden panic buy. 

I would love a statement signing as a replacement, Oyorzabal would be huge but would probably cost 60-70 million. I don’t think Cantwell’s a bad player but 30-40 million is probably too much if that’s how much it would take for him. I don’t think JWP is the answer for midfield, too similar to Doug, McGinn and Sanson. Definitely an upgrade but still leaves us lightweight through the middle. Soumare would have been a great signing and I think with an Ndidi/Bissouma type our three options in midfield are good enough. I don’t rate Doug as a DM and think we’d benefit using him in a different role. Marv is good defensively but doesn’t have the ability on the ball or passing that we need. 
My signings would be Oyorzabal 60-70

Kamara(Marseille) or Zakaria 25-40

Axel - loan to buy 

In a way, we're kind of lucky that Grealish plays in a position we already have lots of options in. Of course none of them are as good as Grealish, but I think the likes of Buendia, Bailey, Traore and El Ghazi are good enough wing options for us.

Imo, its the central midfield that's dragging us down. We desperately need  upgrade in that area and I hope the Grealish money will be used to bring in a quality midfielder in there. 50m all round quality DM with Sanson and Mcginn playing in front of him would be great. And we'd still have another 50m to spend.

I’d go

Rayan Cherki AM/LW(25-35M), Amine Gouiri ST/LW(20-30M). Added to this Buendia AM/RW and Bailey RW/LW/ST I think we’d be covered across the front four, supported by El Ghazi (I’d listen to offers for him) and Bert.

For midfield I think we need a world class box to box CM, someone like Locatelli (would he come to us?), perhaps 45-50M

I’d also pick one of Tchouameni, Anguissa or Kamara as an out and out DM so we can mix it up formation wise (433, 4231 or even a 4141), perhaps 25-30M tops

Total spend 120-145M

For the CB role I’d look for a loan, possibly with an option to buy or try and unearth another gem like Konsa. I’d keep Steer as a No2.

If we wanted to we could probably get Radamel Falcao to finally come here as back up striker for a season :D 

Galatasaray can't afford to have him on their salary list and have asked him to leave. Still "only" 35 y.o

1 hour ago, sne said:

€75million release clause, host of CL clubs interested. Not happening.

How many CL clubs have €75 million to spend to activate the release clause.  We do.  Of course "selling the dream" is a challenge now.

kamada kamada kamada kamada kamada kamada kamada kamada kamada kamada

If I say it enough hopefully we'll get him. He's exactly what we need on the pitch and exactly what we need for commercial revenue streams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

€75million release clause, host of CL clubs interested. Not happening.

If you’d have told me a few weeks ago we’d be signing Bailey for less than £40million I’d have laughed. We have the money to spend I don’t think it’s impossible 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

JWP isn't joining us for anything like £35m, they'd laugh us out of the room. 

I agree Dave.