Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Brighton have such a strong foundation to build on. Dunk, Webster and White are probably the best CB offering outside of the top few teams in the league.

Some great talent in Bissouma, Lamptey and Trossard.

They're a midfielder, winger and a Watkins-instead-of-Maupay away from having a really nice side. They should be in no rush to sell anyone. Would love to see them hold onto White two seasons running and build on those foundations.

If they lose a couple there is a lot of talent there I wouldn't want to see end up at clubs around us.

And a left back. 

I still remember how people were upset at 'missing out' on Maupay, and how much better than Wesley he would have been! 

This season that debate might finally be settled, however Maupay is clearly very average at this level.

4 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Its Sergej Milinkovic Savic (SMS)

3 years left on his contract. Lazio's player of the year. Would probably cost £80m at least I think. Their manager has just left though but I can't imagine the next one not fancying him.

Then again I thought there was no way we'd get Buendia for less than £50m. Maybe they're in financial difficulty.

Ah right yes he is a good player but he will be sold for way less than 80m if he is sold this summer

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Ah right yes he is a good player but he will be sold for way less than 80m if he is sold this summer

Different but equally good type of player in De Paul is going to Atletico for €35m, so SMS won’t be worth £80m to anyone. That’s Sancho money. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Different but equally good type of player in De Paul is going to Atletico for €35m, so SMS won’t be worth £80m to anyone. That’s Sancho money. 

De Paul is a good price for 35m no chance we can compete for a players attention with Atletico 

14 minutes ago, Awol said:

De Paul seemed to have some kind of agreement with Udinese to let him go after staying with them for so long. 35m was not his fair market value imo. SMS might have a similar one I suppose but not that I'm aware of.

He's worth ~80m to Lazio imo, their best player by miles whenever I see them. Unless they need the cash he won't be going anywhere for less than some figure around that I don't think. Must admit I'm not aware of their financial health really.

He is the exact type of midfielder I'd love us to sign though.

24 minutes ago, paul514 said:

De Paul is a good price for 35m no chance we can compete for a players attention with Atletico 

I was supporting your view that SMS wouldn’t cost £80m using De Paul as an example, not suggesting we can compete with Madrid for his signature. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Unless they need the cash

Lazio have done better than almost any serie a side on the financial side, Juve lost over €50m, Roma closer to 80. Lazio very nearly balanced the books I think one or two million lost tops. They might be actually looking to take advantage of Milan's problems this summer to lift a couple of their players.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

And Sancho is only worth that much because he is English and Man U are the buying club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I still remember how people were upset at 'missing out' on Maupay, and how much better than Wesley he would have been! 

This season that debate might finally be settled, however Maupay is clearly very average at this level.

Wesley has yet to prove he can be average

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

And Sancho is only worth that much because he is English and Man U are the buying club.

Because dortmund have no intention of selling but entertained something publicly because he's a mardy bastard 

Dortmund played it perfectly, here's our price, here's our deadline, pay up or **** off, it's you messing him about not us 

3 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Wesley has yet to prove he can be average

Conversely, he hasn't proved he isn't a good player either. We just don't have enough of a sample.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Lazio have done better than almost any serie a side on the financial side, Juve lost over €50m, Roma closer to 80. Lazio very nearly balanced the books I think one or two million lost tops. They might be actually looking to take advantage of Milan's problems this summer to lift a couple of their players.

Ah fiddlesticks, they won't be letting him go cheap like De Paul then

56 minutes ago, romavillan said:

They missed champions league though so he could be available.