Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the most attacking and entertaining team in Europe play 3 at the back, it depends how you do it. We also dont have the players for it

Just out of interest who is that?

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

Speculation today that they want to cash in ... probably to put towards the "Jack fund"!😉

If I were Jack they are the only English club I would join.

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If I were Jack they are the only English club I would join.

How frustrating though to join a football club that has the best players and keeps getting so close to the biggest trophy only for its brilliant manager to keep getting brain freezes and thinking that he is even more brilliant than he is and picking a completely stupid team and blowing it!!

• Like 2

Just now, barry'sboots said:

How frustrating though to join a football club that has the best players and keeps getting so close to the biggest trophy only for its brilliant manager to keep getting brain freezes and thinking that he is even more brilliant than he is and picking a completely stupid team and blowing it!!

Paid more, close to home and guaranteed to win a lot.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Paid more, close to home and guaranteed to win a lot.

41.2 inches of rain p.a. compared to only 30.3 inches in Birmingham (Barcelone only has 6 inches less!) - its a no brainer surely.😉

Oh yes ... and surrounded by Mancs!!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Leicester won the league with it when Shakespeare was there didnt they?  I wouldn't rule it out.  These days I'm not really sure 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-2 really exist anyway, they're all slightly different versions of the same thing.

when a game is in motion, they morph anyway.....The dynamics of the game influence the formation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

they have some interesting players for sure.

Well its more the system and how the manager  and sports director has built it. They have players like Ilicic that were not appreciated elsewhere and others that will struggle in other squads like Gosens but blend together brilliantly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well its more the system and how the manager  and sports director has built it. They have players like Ilicic that were not appreciated elsewhere and others that will struggle in other squads like Gosens but blend together brilliantly 

Personally I think it is all down to their excellent keeper 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

If Wes isn't deemed capable to perform this season we'll sign back up. Not 40m Tammy though. 

Anyone think that @Kiwivillan doesn't think we are signing Tammy?  Personally think he is still on the fence about it because he's not really expressed a clear opinion either way so 50/50......... 😉😄

Edited by allani
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think he believes that we’ll sign anyone. He’s a great believer in an 11 man squad made up of supermen that never get injured. 

Exactly Dave!

We don't need squad depth and we already have too many players.

B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think he believes that we’ll sign anyone. He’s a great believer in an 11 man squad made up of supermen that never get injured. 

That's not the case at all and I've never said such a thing. Surely you've noticed several posts I've made saying Pereira would be great option

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's not the case at all and I've never said such a thing. Surely you've noticed several posts I've made saying Pereira would be great option

You've been treated harshly here, I'll jump on your side to even it out - @AvfcRigo82 @DaveAV1 @allani you trio of beatches

try me GIF

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we should be blowing a massive amount of our transfer budget on a striker when we have one that is the 8th highest in the league. A class wide player or two is more important.  

Depends how much money we have. We need a better striker option from the bench than Wes or Davis...that said can we invest around 50%* of our transfer budget on TA.? 

*Assuming budget is approx what it has been last 2 seasons.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Depends how much money we have. We need a better striker option from the bench than Wes or Davis...that said can we invest around 50%* of our transfer budget on TA.? 

*Assuming budget is approx what it has been last 2 seasons.

We won't spend a lot on a backup striker who needs to be happy to be backup (like the junk that Spurs keep signing as backup to Kane)

• Like 1