Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

De Arrascaeta and Buendia would both be my dream signings this summer. We will then challenge for top 6

Challenging for top 6 is a failure. We need to be top 6 and challenging for champions league otherwise jack is a goner. We can't expect him to be matt le Tissier. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Jack's still here though, despite people saying he was going every summer and/or january for years. We won't be in the mix for top 4 next season, not at the business end of the season anyway, we will probably not finish top  either. We should be focusing on progressing and getting 8/10 points more than we did this year. Do that and we'll be pushing for a Europa league spot which would be absolutely incredible stuff seeing where we were not so very long ago.

Jack isn't stupid, if he wanted to go he'd have gone already.

I've never said he was gone before now. And I don't think he will be gone because the owners know this and will go all out. All these claims that we are going to be smart and not spunk a wedge load is either a farce or we should just sell grealish now. 

Jack said this year the goal is 12th - 8th. So you really think enxt season he'd accept the same. Get real. He has established himself as one of the 5 best players in the prem. If we don't get him some real help and a real shot at winning both some individual and team trophies then he will go and no one should blame him. 

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Looks like Inter are next to have a firesale. Conte leaving already

Id take Marcelo Brozovic. Would be perfect. 28, loads of experience. 

Agree, but feels like it's a bit too early for us to be able to pick up the valuable assets Inter have. Hakimi, Bastoni, Barella and Skriniar will all be going to top tier clubs if they get sold.

The majority of the rest are too old for our recruitment. Interesting time for them, sell too many of their younger players and they'll have such an old squad they'll struggle to compete

• Like 1

Just seen Poland has called up a 17 y.o kid named Kacper Kozłowski to their squad for the Euro's. He's dubbed "the Polish Pogba" and I guess they mean he has his positive attributes.

Might be someone to look at, time for another Polish player at Villa. Been a while since Dariusz Kubicki tore the place up :D 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Awol said:

Seems absolutely obvious to me. He was sold a project based on Villa competing for the top 4 and European competition. If the club go all-out this window and we still fall short on the field, he might give it one more season after the next to try again. 

If we faff about with half measures this summer he’ll be off after the World Cup for sure - and who could blame him? 

The World Cup will be in the January transfer window 

27 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Challenging for top 6 is a failure. We need to be top 6 and challenging for champions league otherwise jack is a goner. We can't expect him to be matt le Tissier. 

You make it sound so simple 🤔

• Like 3

If we got JUST Buendia then I think that'd be pretty much enough to make the next leap and fight for European spots.

With a fully fit squad we'd be a match for almost anyone like we were at the start of the season, but if we did lose Jack for a spell again, Buendia would ensure our creativity didn't dry up completely. Bring Back Guilbert for Cash cover, use the kids as needed and we're damn close with injury luck.

Like Purslow says, a couple of clever signings and we could be set; another CB, a strong midfielder and another attacking option and I'd be confident we could progress even with an injury or two.

We are a one man team at the moment. Buendia would stop that being the case.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If the whole purpose of Aston Villa football clubs is to keep Jack Grealish then yes, losing him would be a failure. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If the whole purpose of Aston Villa football clubs is to keep Jack Grealish then yes, losing him would be a failure. 

Was about to say, as much as we want to keep Jack, our whole timeline and thinking can't just be about that.

You would assume he has an idea of timeline, at the beginning of season gone he said 8 - 12th, we finished 11th ( partially his fault ironically ).

This season I'd say 6th - 9th ( Head says around 8th ).

However say we fin8shed 8th and won a cup, it might be enough?

At the end of the day, the club is bigger than the future of Jack, sadly.

If he wants to go, there is nothing we can do about it but move on.

One thing for certain though, when/if that time comes, we'll be stronger as a club and squad than we were in the past when it would have totally broken us.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

From Purslows comments, I guess it’s two big transfers coming in, and that is probably it.   Buendia and who? 

Patson Daka*

*Rashica

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

From Purslows comments, I guess it’s two big transfers coming in, and that is probably it.   Buendia and who? 

Defensive midfielder. 

Defence we are fine. Guilbert coming back for full back and Konsa can cover. Kessler can't be far away from a few mins or emergency. 

Sanson with a full pre season will be like a new signing in midfield. Chuk will stsrt to provide competition in free role. 

JPB will be our 4th winger with a new man taking traore or el ghazi place. 

Wesley will provide competition for Watkins. We will struggle to get a good quality player who is happy to sit on the bench. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Daka would we outstanding.

We desperately need some pace as well.

Rashida meant to be rapid too though.

Two of Buendia, Daka and Rashica would make is pretty lethal upfront, imo. 

If Luiz stays then I reckon he’ll be trusted to regain his project restart form and we go again with Marv as back up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Where do you put all the other teams in our way? 

What do you mean? We need to pass them obviously. We can finish abive west ham and maybe even Leicester. We need to be on a similar points total and be brushing up against 70-75 pts. 

We also have Sanson who after a preseason will likely be like a brand new signing. I quietly expect him to surprise a few next season. We're just 2 or 3 signings away from properly competing over 38 games.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The whole point is our greatest chance for success comes from our best ever academy product.

Players won't be falling over themselves to play for villa. But they might be to play with Jack. Losing him destroys the chance that we have of becoming a regular party crasher. 

• Like 1