Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Saw Maitland Niles at the traffic lights (I live near the Tesco carrier bags training ground) and I said to him "you'd look good in a Villa shirt. " He just smiled......

My dear Sir, everyone would look good in a Villa shirt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing is, if we want to do even better next season, we need players that are likely to hit the ground running. Which is another reason why signing someone like Buendia is appealing. It makes sense for us to focus on the strongest European leagues too, you’re more likely to get better performing players and there’s more assurance - doesn’t always work out though.

Signing players from more obscure leagues is always a risk but can also be a masterstroke if you get the right one in.

Plus, we’ve also seen how “lesser players” perform better in a confident and successful team.

On the other hand, we’re not the most patient fanbase either.

The scouting has to be spot on really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Out of interest are there any strikers that we are not looking to buy?

Personally, I’m not interested in strikers.

We must prioritise getting more and better service to Ollie and lessening the reliance on Jack.

Hopefully, Wesley will be fine and can be an asset to the team.

Barry is an exciting prospect.

Don’t mind if we sell or loan Davies.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

We must prioritise getting more and better service to Ollie and lessening the reliance on Jack.

Hopefully, Wesley will be fine and can be an asset to the team.

Barry is an exciting prospect.

Don’t mind if we sell or loan Davies.

Me too. I think that strikers are the last thing that we need.

Give me a midfielder like Kante. You know the type, like a wasp when you're trying to enjoy your drink in a beer garden that just will not p*** off regardless of what you do. And then someone to do a bit more creating and take the pressure off of Grealish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Looks like @nick76 is keeping busy then.

;)

I wondered why I felt tired this morning.  I must be sleep writing speculation....probably as accurate as any sports journalist 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

McNeil would cost a fortune though, he’s a good player yes but he’s only scored 2 goals this season imagine the stick everyone on here would give Traore and Elghazi if they only scored 2 goals and yes I know it’s not all about goals, but if Traore was playing for another premier league club we’d all be saying “oh that Traore at Burnley looks excellent I hope we sign him”.

I hear what you're saying, but McNeil is the only bright spark in a team full of absolute sh*tehouses (roughing us up is largely how they beat us - like most of the teams who've beat us this season, actually. On this note, I'd like to see us get a Van Bommel-esq player this summer too). There's barely any creativity at Burnley so two goals from a 21 year old ain't all too bad. At Villa he'd get so many more opportunities to score/develop. I think he'd take his game to the next level at Villa.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He has been injured since August last season and is just a bit taller than Jack

According to Transfermarkt it's a fractured ankle - yowzer. No idea what the recovery is like or whether it's likely to cause him more problems over his career or not. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If anything happens to Watkins you will be. And nobody said we have to play one at a time. Wesley / Davies / Barry could be a great supporting cast. Or it could be that one never recovers fully, one struggles to score and the other isn't fully ready yet.

I'd be very happy with another one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I absolutely wanted us to get him last season. Had a release clause of around £18m. Not sure what it is now. But him Ollie and Jack in the front 3 would leave lots of defenders with skid marks in their shorts.

Oh My God Omg GIF by Friends

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If anything happens to Watkins you will be. And nobody said we have to play one at a time. Wesley / Davies / Barry could be a great supporting cast. Or it could be that one never recovers fully, one struggles to score and the other isn't fully ready yet.

I'd be very happy with another one.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

On Sterling get real.

If however Villa intend to spend big in the summer I’d offer Leeds 50m for Kalvin Philips who is exactly what Villa are missing in midfield. To get him Villa would need to hold onto Grealish.

Think for need to follow your own advice man.😉

• Like 1