Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And that's probably why moving Watkins can work, cause it depends on the striker we bring in.

Well it wouldn't be a striker for that system, that's the point, it certainly wouldn't be Abraham as he suggested, and we wouldn't have brought the midfielders we have thus far.

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who is this Gonçalo Guedes fella then?

Plays for Valencia out wide.

Was very highly rated back a few years ago when he played for PSG.

Good player but performances stalled a bit with Valencia in complete chaos this season. Financially they'll sell anything that moves so 15-20m would probably get him.

Wouldn't say no.

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who is this Gonçalo Guedes fella then?

Him from valencia? 

Winger, looked a great prospect and youth level, went from benfica to psg and struggled for games got sent out on loan to valencia who then put in a big offer (£40m?) which I'm guessing psg accepted more due to FFP but I've not seen much of him at valencia

Been linked with wolves a few times so I can guess who his agent is 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

more importantly, can he allow Watkins to play on the wing or in goal?

He's quite tall why don't we try him at center back....🙃

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And that's probably why moving Watkins can work, cause it depends on the striker we bring in.

Well we have a centre forward who plays like a bit like Firmino regards dropping deep in Wesley. 

He's a dribbler, fast as lightning, outrageous vision at times, great shot, goes down a bit too readily for my liking but has all the tools we're looking for. Was on a trajectory to the absolute pinnacle a couple of years ago. Floundered a bit at Valencia but might just need a move to reignite his flame. Still young.

I'm down.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

I was talking about Heaton.

Huh, that is surprising. I had no idea he was only on a 2 year contract. 

Shows how desperate we were for a keeper at the time to pay that for a short term deal with no prospect of resale. The injury (and his age) make it look a very good decision with hindsight. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

If he's out of contract then it could be a choice of sit on our bench or sit at home out of job.

I'd rather we signed a young prospect than a backup just to be a backup. Rico Henry fits the bill except he'd probably be too expensive.

I doubt that would be his only two options.

Triple swoop for Saka, Smith-Rowe & Martinelli? 

We gotta continue to do our part in saving Arsenal's finances. Just getting Martinez off their books is not enough.  :D 

• Haha 1

Statement signing needed. Raheem Sterling. Out of favour at city, plays sporadically even when he is in favour. fits into the English core of the team, outstanding player and would play week in week out for us next season firing us into europe.

We are minted and need to start making really ambitious signings.

Don't think for a second we could pull it off but would love it if we were to try