Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Remember Leicester fans were slagging off average Tielemans after they signed him.

One year later and they and everyone else acknowledge his quality.

I don't know what Sanson will show us, but of all the stuff to be negative about... injured jack, trez, aeg, traore, davis, luiz, red cards, poor form, super league. Not sure Sanson even enters the list. In fact I know doesn't.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Must admit after watching the Man City game I'm quite deflated and I really wonder where the owners are with this project.

Again, Villa are Light Years away and it would take massive investment year in year out to get even close.

I echo the sentiments of others we really need to sign a higher calibre of player around the £40 - £50million range. Our possession is really awful and at times many of them are scared of the ball and cannot wait to get rid of it.

I genuinely don't think, being able to pass the ball accurately to your own team mates requires 40 - 50 million players. Lol

This should actually be minimal requirements for Premier League players.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, May-Z said:

Not sure about your first comment.

Naka, Trez, El Ghazi, Engels, Samatta were all under £10mil, I think that is basement type stuff nowadays. That's what we've got to stay away from...and I think we will as we don't need numbers, just quality.

Luiz, Konsa, Cash, Martinez, Targett are the £10-£20 bracket and I think have done quite well.

Troare and Sanson fall in there as well but Troare has had a decent enough contribution for his first season and Sanson is still early into it.

I'm with you on the second bit though. Sign a few players in key position for a decent fee. Home based players seem more effective...but may have £20m added on top so abroad may be more economical.

Harsh mate.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know it’s been said, but a player as good as Ndidi or Bissouma would transform us. Bissouma especially. I’m always so impressed watching him play. Will go to one of the top teams in the summer. 

Well yes, but we have to find one who will come to us and we can afford. My suggestion is Koopmeiners.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Remember Leicester fans were slagging off average Tielemans after they signed him.

I don't know what Sanson will show us, but of all the stuff to be negative about... injured jack, trez, aeg, traore, davis, luiz, red cards, poor form, super league. Not sure Sanson even enters the list. In fact I know doesn't.

Completely agree I am not worried about Sanson at all, he just needs to adjust to the league and not be in a team that is playing averagely at best

All these names being thrown around and truth is when you look at our Wingers apart from Grealish, our midfielders and our strikers apart from Watkins, all these names would upgrade us.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely don't think, being able to pass the ball accurately to your own team mates requires 40 - 50 million players. Lol

Anyone should be able to pass with opposition standing off 5 yards away.

The better ones can hold off 2-3 players and still hit pinpoint pass to teammate 15-20 yards away. Barry and to lesser extent Petrov could and Jack obviously.

Probably why someone like Hourihane couldn't hack it at this level, stand off him and he's decent linking up with players but as soon as he was pressed at this level he'd just disappear from games, Barkley is also rubbish at that.

McGinn's passing also incredibly inconsistant when pressed. Can hit some lovely crossfield balls at times but gives it away so easily in recent weeks.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

All these names being thrown around and truth is when you look at our Wingers apart from Grealish, our midfielders and our strikers apart from Watkins, all these names would upgrade us.

Perhaps but people want the absolute best they can get for the money. I am assuming we have the same budget as the last two seasons 100 - 140m.

Currently I am on a left back, Centre back, DCM, Winger, Striker. I have run out of 120m by then.

Wijndal, Tuanzebe, Koopmeiners, Oyarzabal (totally won't come) and Edouard.

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am confused by all of the negativity in regards to Sanson.

Most players need a season to adjust to the PL. He's been here 4 months.

Secondly, and I really mean this. I think he's been fairly decent whenever I've seen him play.

like Sanson me.

Im not in fairness, people on here like moaning and even better if a foreign player or manager 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In theory you are right, its partly what frustrates me, ....we are barking up the wrong tree, we have talent, we just need to help ourselves, deliver it.

The problem is JV, they stop us playing ( we are too easy to stop)and we panic in to giving it away.....We have to be better at holding them off and delivering the intended pass....easier said than done, sure.....but something we should be working on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Perhaps but people want the absolute best they can get for the money. I am assuming we have the same budget as the last two seasons 100 - 140m.

Currently I am on a left back, Centre back, DCM, Winger, Striker. I have run out of 120m by then.

Wijndal, Tuanzebe, Koopmeiners, Oyarzabal (totally won't come) and Edouard.

I don't think we need as many players as we think we do, In this window.

However,Getting in the right players, is key, it can lift the spirits and productivity of our existing players.....as an example, when we signed Cropley, many moons ago he lifted the whole team, he transformed us, as did Ashley Young....other players who we thought was meh, started performing, much better.

Its a talent, is scouting and its these guys we have to rely on...then comes the balance and thats the managers job to get the right balance between Piano players and Piano carriers.....and in Piano players, we have one of the best around.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think we need as many players as we think we do, In this window.

However,Getting in the right players, is key, it can lift the spirits and productivity of our existing players.....as an example, when we signed Cropley, many moons ago he lifted the whole team, he transformed us, as did Ashley Young....other players who we thought was meh, started performing, much better.

Its a talent, is scouting and its these guys we have to rely on...then comes the balance and thats the managers job to get the right balance between Piano players and Piano carriers.....and in Piano players, we have one of the best around.

I very much do think so, It is imperative we improve in DCM and on the wing.
We absolutely have to have a second left back
Engels is nowhere to be seen surely he should be pushed out
Lastly there is a striker, Watkins has done alright and in theory Wesley should provide decent competition but who knows? Only the medical staff I would guess.

Denis Zakaria only have 1 year left on his contract (I think). Now there is a player who would tick a lot of boxes for a lot of people. Not sure what the status is on his knees after that injury thou.

Also bound to be bigger clubs than us interested in him. Imagine Marco Rose might want to bring both him and Ginter with him to Dortmund.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Two players from Brighton would transform our team Bissouma and Trossard and we'd be a top 8 team. Groß would be a good addition too.

Happily take Tariq Lamptey as well although injuries is a worry with such an explosive player who is already picking up muscle injuries.

15 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

'It's bad that they didn't give him time'

*Slags off Traore in same post*

Hmm.

Not a huge fan of the Todd Cantwell rumors. Hopefully just paper-talk although with only 1 year left on his contract he might not be super expensive.

Not watched him this season but thought he was a bit flimsy in the PL last time out.

38 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Two players from Brighton would transform our team Bissouma and Trossard and we'd be a top 8 team. Groß would be a good addition too.

Brighton fans cant stand Trossard, they say him and Maupay offer no end product and prefer Lallana and Welbeck. He has the same amount of goal contributions as Traore and played 500 minutes more

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Not a huge fan of the Todd Cantwell rumors. Hopefully just paper-talk although with only 1 year left on his contract he might not be super expensive.

Not watched him this season but thought he was a bit flimsy in the PL last time out.

He had a great game vs City. Thats it :D  Similar to the Sarr hype because he had a great game vs Liverpool

Thankfully Norwich and Watford came up so both them rumours should be squashed

• Like 1