Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently Juventus went in for Neto last summer, the deal didn't go ahead because they wanted most of the fee to be based on incentives, but shows the level of club that will be interested in him, and he's improved even more this season. Along with Saka and Foden he's arguably been the best young player in the league.

Yes probably unlikely as things stand (we'd have more chance with europa) but eventually to be the best club we want to be we need to start going to similar standing clubs in the league and sign their better players so looking forward to whichever summer that will be.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruno wasnt a finished article and look how good he has been.

He was, captained Sporting and played in Portugal last 2 tournaments and wanted by a lot of European giants 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

He was, captained Sporting and played in Portugal last 2 tournaments and wanted by a lot of European giants 

He turned down Barcelona to join Man U.  61 million seems a bargain in hindsight but it’s still a hell of a lot of money. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was fairly mediocre in Serie A so just a case of taking a step back in his career in short term and it's paid off massively.

Just now, villa4europe said:

Same

No way is Tammy an automatic starter for us when we have Ollie 

Yes but lets be real as much as we love ollie he has numerous poor games for us. 

We need someone that can compete with ollie and i  elieve tammy would be that man. Also i do believe they could play in same team

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes but lets be real as much as we love ollie he has numerous poor games for us. 

We need someone that can compete with ollie and i  elieve tammy would be that man. Also i do believe they could play in same team

I agree.

I think both challenging for each other's spot would be a good thing..

Even our manager has recently stated he is not afraid to change systems or formations.

There could be a scenario where maybe Tammy and Ollie both play up front together.

• Like 3

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree.

I think both challenging for each other's spot would be a good thing..

Even our manager has recently stated he is not afraid to change systems or formations.

There could be a scenario where maybe Tammy and Ollie both play up front together.

Exactly. I mean ollies good and will get better but we cant be scared to look at players who as good as or better than him.

This only way we will get better.

Last thing we need is relying on individuals like we do grealish when he is injured. Having tammy and ollie as attackers man that would be awesome and take us to another level

• Like 1

Can you imagine the fun on here when the Ollie camp goes up the against the Tammy camp trying to justify why their man should be playing when Dean decides he is going to stick with one up front.

The 3 P's for me this summer in recruitment.......Pace, Power and Presence.

and as long as they are comfortable on the ball,too.

go get 'em boys.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We have three strikers

Ollie

One who has had a very serious injury and have no idea what he will be like

And Davis who hasnt scored in 2 years for us 😂

Agreed, if we go into next season like this we can’t expect further advancement

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Agreed, if we go into next season like this we can’t expect further advancement

Of course but we wont be splashing out on a big price striker since we spent the last 2 seasons signing big priced players. Especially when other areas are a big issue. Can imagine us picking up a 10-15 million striker

People saying ‘why would you shift Watkins wider to accommodate Tammy when Watkins is so good up front’ is by a logical extension like saying ‘why would you shift Sterling wide to accommodate Kane when Sterling is so good up front’... obviously it’s because those suggesting it think the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts that way. I LIKE having wide forwards as opposed to wingers in the modern game, or at least having the option of it. Someone else might prefer a traditional winger wide and Ollie central and that’s totally ok, but it’s hardly an insane thing people are suggesting - both would likely start 30-35 games.

I don’t think we will be signing Tammy though so not sure why I’m wading in other than to say a player having positional flexibility is not necessarily square pegs in round holes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Of course but we wont be splashing out on a big price striker since we spent the last 2 seasons signing big priced players. Especially when other areas are a big issue. Can imagine us picking up a 10-15 million striker

Not sure I agree.  Creativity and scoring are our two big areas of weakness.  Solving one we will still have the other.  CAM and RW are key but only having Ollie really upfront leaves us very exposed in the striking position.  Wes, we don’t know and Davis probably won’t be here and/or not enough, so we need another top notch striker.