Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Would it not be an idea to extend El Mohamady's contract by 12 months and send Kessler out on loan for a season to a Championship club? Same with Carney and Barry. I still think they may be 12-18 months off a first team role.

(could be wrong).

Just now, RicRic said:

Im also not sure lookman fits the bill either unless your content with standing still?.... we have owners capable of offering Delle the wages he wants if needed so thats not a concern 

You think signing Lookman would mean we don't improve as a side? Is he not better than what we currently have?

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would it not be an idea to extend El Mohamady's contract by 12 months and send Kessler out on loan for a season to a Championship club? Same with Carney and Barry. I still think they may be 12-18 months off a first team role.

(could be wrong).

Man utd bring in greenwood and rashford at the same age so why couldn’t we? I doubt anyone would be comfortable extending Elmos contract you would really have to be content with staying still, the only player you mentioned was Pedro Neto id take him 1000%. We are pushing on to a different level as a club so I'm seeing us suggest players as if we are just finishing above relegation which doesn’t look like will be the case. Our owners have hugeeee plans and we need to adjust our mindset to bigger talent and bigger things

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You think signing Lookman would mean we don't improve as a side? Is he not better than what we currently have?

No id be more happier bringing in Jaden Philogene-Bidace who we already have in the ranks. 

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

After seeing about 5 minutes total of him playing I've decided I want us to sign Daryl Dike. Barnsley have an option to buy for £14m and if they don't come up I'm sure they'd be happy to sell it to us for a profit.

Just watched a couple of videos of him and I definitely wouldn't for that sort of money. He looks very raw and lacking in the technical side of things - I don't think we're in need of another big, strong option up front as we've got KD and Wesley who can do that. We're lacking in guile, creativity and skill IMO - I think the money would be of much better use spent towards a Buendia type. 

48 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Im also not sure lookman fits the bill either unless your content with standing still?.... we have owners capable of offering Delle the wages he wants if needed so thats not a concern 

Alli will be worse than Barkley, hanging out partying with gangsters kids in Dubai 

• Like 2

It will be very interesting (and I hope exciting) this summer.

The type of players that can actually expect to go straight in to our first team will now cost £40m plus.

Will we spend that? I think we might but Villa have a track record of stopping just short....

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

Might be thinking above our station but I feel we are moving beyond players like Buendia. I just don’t see him making us a great deal better in the premier league. Excellent championship player not convinced as a prem player 

You obviously didn’t see his stats when he was in this league and the teams he has been linked to for 40m

Not being funny not only are we not above him, he is at the top end of whose could get

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, those two as well. Go from having no decent wingers to ALL the wingers. 
Joking aside, it won't happen, but if we got Neto, I'd wet my pants. Helluva player and would be brilliant on our right side. 

-------------------------------------Martinez----------------------------------------
Cash-------------------Konsa-------------Mings---------------------Targett
-----------------------------------Bissouma-----------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------McGinn-----------------------------------
Neto-----------------------------Grealish------------------------------Lookman
---------------------------------------Watkins------------------------------------------

110m outlay minus whoever we sell. One can but dream. 

You midfield will be gone through like a hot knife through butter

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I was being a bit silly tbh. If we get even one off that list I'd be happy. 

If Fulham go down, I'd go all out for Lookman. I don't think we'd get any of the others.

I think if Lookman had stayed on the pitch against us, we'd have lost at the weekend. I was surprised at how physical he is as well. Not strong, but not afraid to put his body on the line a bit. He's exactly the type of player we need and reminds me of a young Ashley Young the way he cuts inside and whips the ball into that 'corridor of uncertainty'. I think he's a player that gets bums off seats and If he's available, I'd genuinely move heaven and earth to bring him in. He also fits the profile of player we're looking for. Young, British and a high ceiling. If he costs 35m, so be it. Get it done.

Did I mention I like Lookman a lot?

17m is his supposed price

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

Can’t agree with this statement. Why buy back ups at all we need to be buying players that are challenging for the shirt otherwise how are they pushing the incumbent shirt holder to improve. The top teams have completion not an 11 then some shit that they use in emergencies.

I don't think we're there yet. We need to find enough quality starters first, and I'd put my money on them.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

(could be wrong).

No, we have Guilbert it’s time to let Elmo go

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RicRic said:

No id be more happier bringing in Jaden Philogene-Bidace who we already have in the ranks. 

Fine, but he needs to be played now to be assessed if you want him in the team next year.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Fine, but he needs to be played now to be assessed if you want him in the team next year.

There’s no way JPB will be playing time this season in the first team

Barry also plays a lot on the wing for our U23s and played there for England U18s last week, and I'd imagine when he breaks into our first team that's where he will play initially. He and Philogene-Bidace are partly why I don't think we will go for more than one winger in the summer.