Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I think we may have to deal with what goes out too, and not necessarily what we want going out.  It wouldn't surprise me if every one of our starting back 5 attract interest from various clubs this summer.  The clubs we're looking to overtake will be looking at us coming up along the rails and thinking they want to nick our better assets.  I could easily see someone like Spurs going for Konsa, Mings or even Cash.  Then there's the unresolved Douglas Luiz issue which may or may not raise its head, and we know Brenton Rodgers has a stiffy for McGinn.  Weirdly I feel more relaxed about keeping hold of Jack than I do about most of our other saleable assets, because of his ties to the place.

Anyhoo, and whatever happens, as with every summer for one reason or another, this will be an interesting one. I've absolutely no idea what'll happen :)

They'll be paying through the bumhole for most of them which is nice.

Konsa does worry me a tiny bit. Two years left in the summer. Big agent (same as Grealish) who could be eyeing up a juicy admin fee on a big transfer during a quiet window.

It only worries me as I'm certain we'll have been waving one under his nose for about three or four months. Plenty of time of course, hopefully it'll get done. Selling a £12m defender for £60m might interest the club if they think Konsa won't be signing another one and they see the size of the fee going down the longer we wait.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Konsa does worry me a tiny bit. Two years left in the summer. Big agent (same as Grealish) who could be eyeing up a juicy admin fee on a big transfer during a quiet window.

It only worries me as I'm certain we'll have been waving one under his nose for about three or four months. Plenty of time of course, hopefully it'll get done. Selling a £12m defender for £60m might interest the club if they think Konsa won't be signing another one and they see the size of the fee going down the longer we wait.

Agree with this, I’d hate to lose Konsa but our model now is likely to include one sale a summer. As long as it’s not Grealish I’d be relatively relaxed about selling anyone if we get a silly offer.

We won't need to sell any players we want to keep. It might happen very occasionally, but not every year as part of any model. Unless the model is to get worse.

• Like 1

Europe or not, let’s be ambitious and look at the likes of Stengs and Koopmeiners at AZ. I know they’ve been linked to the big Italian teams, they’d be upgrades and give us more options in the middle and out wide. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We won't need to sell any players we want to keep. It might happen very occasionally, but not every year as part of any model. Unless the model is to get worse.

I know we have super rich owners now who are fully committed and prepared to put their money where their mouths are and long may it continue!

But, there are all sorts of reasons why players leave clubs in a way that doesn't always fit with the otherwise upwards trajectory of the club they are playing for.

Of course, it would be extremely disappointing to lose Konsa and we wouldn't want to be losing (m)any more if we did, but just as good teams have to adapt thanks to injuries during the season, the same applies if a key player is sold.

We do finally appear to be not only recruiting well, but also improving players once they have been bought, so I don't think we should angst too much about the prospect of Konsa going being an example of our new plan to get worse!

Big priority for me is tying down Konsa and Martinez to long term deals in the summer.

More relaxed about others as think other teams will be waiting to see if likes of Cash are one season wonders and whether they can keep up level next season once opposition pays more respect.

McGinn already on long term deal so that's not a huge concern and Doug probably will stay on the bench for next few games so that reduces chance of Man. City unless they just want him as squad player.

Like BOF I'm pretty confident on Jack still be around two months into next season. Unless he's standout player at the euros or something I suspect he's pretty happy with how he's progressing. 100% he'll stay if we make europe as that's the next step for him but I suspect he'll still be here if we just miss out as huge progress on what we did the previous season.

Think summer 2022 will be when it gets much harder to keep him.

I predict that we will sign one of Abraham or Édouard, only the very best will do for us in our pursuit of success, if we have to have very good players on the bench then so be it, that's what will lead to us becoming a better team.

• Like 3

Can't see it.

Edouard is tailor made for Leicester who simply have to start planning for life after Vardy and Iheanacho is not the answer. Plus the Rodgers link.

Tammy is good and he'd fit the bill for sure. He won't come to sit on the bench and his style of play wouldnt lend itself to being our first choice over Ollie (nor move him to the wing). Tammy will either go to be first choice somewhere or he'll do what he's always done - back himself to be #1 long term at Chelsea and stay there.

For me, we need:

AM & Striker - need to spend proper money on quality additions to slot into matchday squad immediately.

LB, CB & a RB - We can afford to go for good prospects that have time to bed in. Theirs paid off quicker than even they expected but I'm thinking like Leicesters move for Fofana. (only a RB if we sell Freddie, which I don't think we should)

Out: Elmo, Taylor, Barkley, Hourihane, Trezeguet (?, But would need to add Winger to the shopping list)

New Contracts: Konsa, Dougie, Martinez, Targett

In: 4-5 newbies. I think the AM or Striker needs to be a 'name' too. But obviously that's not as important as them being the right player

25 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Can't see it.

Edouard is tailor made for Leicester who simply have to start planning for life after Vardy and Iheanacho is not the answer. Plus the Rodgers link.

Tammy is good and he'd fit the bill for sure. He won't come to sit on the bench and his style of play wouldnt lend itself to being our first choice over Ollie (nor move him to the wing). Tammy will either go to be first choice somewhere or he'll do what he's always done - back himself to be #1 long term at Chelsea and stay there.

I agree with the theory but he doesn't play like Vardy particularly.

Replacing that little runt will be a nightmare for Leicester.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Europe or not, let’s be ambitious and look at the likes of Stengs and Koopmeiners at AZ. I know they’ve been linked to the big Italian teams, they’d be upgrades and give us more options in the middle and out wide. 

Making moves for apparent stars of the future like Koopmeiners is a good idea, we are a premier league club so it is a step up if even a stepping stone to a top 10 in europe club

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Making moves for apparent stars of the future like Koopmeiners is a good idea, we are a premier league club so it is a step up if even a stepping stone to a top 10 in europe club

I think the Eresdivisie is difficult to assess. I mentioned the AZ players about a year ago on here, so I agree they look good, but there's always the case of Eresdivisie being defensively an absolutely horrible league. Pure garbage. Attacking players often look sensational, when in reality they aren't. They have produced some world class players, but there's also been a substantial amount of complete flops.

It really comes down to scouting. If we got people who can assess it right and pick up the righ players, it will always be worth it. 

Donny Van den Beek or whatever he's called, was supposed to be Manchester United's budget Grealish when they couldn't afford the real deal. He's looked distintly average. Maybe he'll get there after a season of adjusting, but who knows. And he wasn't cheap. £ 40-45 million or something?

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think the Eresdivisie is difficult to assess. I mentioned the AZ players about a year ago on here, so I agree they look good, but there's always the case of Eresdivisie being defensively an absolutely horrible league. Pure garbage. Attacking players often look sensational, when in reality they aren't. They have produced some world class players, but there's also been a substantial amount of complete flops.

It really comes down to scouting. If we got people who can assess it right and pick up the righ players, it will always be worth it. 

Donny Van den Beek or whatever he's called, was supposed to be Manchester United's budget Grealish when they couldn't afford the real deal. He's looked distintly average. Maybe he'll get there after a season of adjusting, but who knows. And he wasn't cheap. £ 40-45 million or something?

35 million I think, he’s a very good player who can’t get a game as he plays the same role in their setup as Bruno

11 hours ago, useless said:

I predict that we will sign one of Abraham or Édouard, only the very best will do for us in our pursuit of success, if we have to have very good players on the bench then so be it, that's what will lead to us becoming a better team.

There are 3 forwards that I can see (obviously Lange may cast his net wider but I would prefer someone settled in the UK) that should be options for us: Tammy, Edouard and Toney.

We know that we will be competing with the same old, ... West Ham, Everton, Arsenal, Leicester and maybe Palace, but I would think we would look a pretty good prospect given the development this season and the owners and their aspirations.

Given a choice, I would personally go for Edouard.  Gets a French speaking mate for Morgan!  I also think he will be the cheapest, given his contract situation.  I see £15-20m mooted whereas Tammy's and Toney's price will probably start with a "3" I would guess and Tammy would be on big wages.  I think this leaves more in the kitty for back up full backs, an extra midfielder and a couple of wide players.

I know most sentimental Villans will want Tammy, and I would be more than happy to take him, but I am not convinced he is better than Edouard from what I have seen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Rashica again.  Apparently he is fit and has just put in a MOTM performance in a victory at the weekend.  I would love this!!

He has came on a few times as sub lately and slowling looking like getting back to his best again now though.

I think if the price is right this time round then he becomes our player (a bit like what happened with Sanson).

If no deal materialises again this time round then I am sure we will have other alternatives in the pipeline. It's not like we don't need another AML player anyway and any signing would provide cover and good competition for El Ghazi.

Either way, I think we're in for another decent window in terms of arrivals this summer.

11 hours ago, useless said:

I think you're right.

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Economically it would be tempting and a vindication of the recent recruitment policy. Football wise losing Konsa would be an awful decision, he's our best defender for me and has the potential to improve too. He's a fantastic player. I'd give him what he wants!

Sell him and we'd need a CB, LB, RB, wide forward, poss Barkley replacement and depending on Wesley's recovery a striker. That's an expensive shopping list as we'll be able to compete on wages now so we'd be looking for the next level up of player...