Ranking Existing Premier League Stadiums

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I went to Spurs away last season. Their new stadium looks nice, very flashy and shiny, but has zero soul.

I would take villa being average at best but staying at Villa Park than chase extra money by building a stadium like that. 

Villa Park has an aura, history, magic under the lights at night and the stories of players who have played there.

Aston Villa, to me, is Villa Park. 

Your absolutely right about the spurs one. Just feels like a technology computer stadium. Has no life to it. 

I never want to leave villa park ever 

White hart lane for me had more of a football feel than the new stadium

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:
  1. Spurs
  2. Man City
  3. Liverpool
  4. Arsenal
  5. Man Utd
  6. Newcastle
  7. Villa
  8. Chelsea
  9. West Ham
  10. Everton
  11. Leeds
  12. Wolves
  13. Leicester
  14. Southampton
  15. Brighton
  16. Sheffield United
  17. Brighton
  18. West Brom
  19. Fulham
  20. Burnley

I didn't put a massive amount of thought into that, but it'll do.

Ive never been st james park is it seriously better than villa park?

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:
  1. Spurs
  2. Man City
  3. Liverpool
  4. Arsenal
  5. Man Utd
  6. Newcastle
  7. Villa
  8. Chelsea
  9. West Ham
  10. Everton
  11. Leeds
  12. Wolves
  13. Leicester
  14. Southampton
  15. Brighton
  16. Sheffield United
  17. Brighton
  18. West Brom
  19. Fulham
  20. Burnley

I didn't put a massive amount of thought into that, but it'll do.

Whats this a list of?

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive never been st james park is it seriously better than villa park?

I've only been outside to have a look around (morning after the stag do night before for a mate) and it's right in the city centre, 5 minutes from the pubs and train station so ideal location which gives Newcastle a real buzz on matchday in times when they don't have Steve Bruce as manager.

Was some debate on either here or elsewhere that if we were to ever leave VP (which is miles away from ever happening) ideal new site would be that big patch of land in Digbeth compared to being out in the sticks somewhere at the NEC which would be West Ham esque bad move.

Wouldn't want to watch a game from their away end though.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I've only been outside to have a look around (morning after the stag do night before for a mate) and it's right in the city centre, 5 minutes from the pubs and train station so ideal location which gives Newcastle a real buzz on matchday,

One of the things I really like about Newcastle's ground is that it's built not just right in the centre of town but on top of a hill, which gives it the appearance of a castle that someone built a town around. I love that - it's how the relationship between every football club and it's city should be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

One of the things I really like about Newcastle's ground is that it's built not just right in the centre of town but on top of a hill, which gives it the appearance of a castle that someone built a town around. I love that - it's how the relationship between every football club and it's city should be.

I much prefer football grouns in the heart of some sort of community, either city centre with Newcastle the best around and likes of Sheffield United and Wolves which are just off the ring road.

Or ones part of gritty inner city community like us and Arsenal and Spurs.

Hate the out of town retail park ones. One of the worst I've been to in that regard is Reading, miles out of the centre.

Stoke is an odd one aswell, towers over most of Stoke but built on god forsaken land which means it's always -5 even in September and Stoke fans prefered it when they were in Boothen and right in the heart of things.

It's just a nonsense list clearly designed to get people clicking. 

I'm amazed that no one has highlighted Stamford Bridge in 4th, that's complete nonsense. 

Also Craven Cottage is 10,000 better than Selhurst Park. 

Elland Road? It's almost a continuation of this bizarre Leeds fantasy love in. 

Â